Warner Music Group Employee Reviews

On the go very fast paced worth the hard work.
Stage Manger "New Years Day" (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CADecember 5, 2018
One of the greatest experiences in my life has been touring, learning more and more every day how to do my job better. While traveling the country learning more and more about myself.
Warner Music Was A Great Place To Work
Director, Artist Royalties (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at WMG. I was there for over 19 years and I enjoyed (and became good friends with) many of the people I worked with there. My boss was great and I felt valued as an employee. If the company hadn't moved my department out of state, I would still be working there.
Fun Place
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed working here. This place has good benefits with good managers. People worked here for many years and it felt like a family. I looked forward to working.
Competitive work place environment
Business Operations Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 18, 2018
Good work life balance
Excellent vendor support
State of the art technical tools
Great work culture
Supportive staff & senior management
Peers help each others
Friendly Work Environment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
I enjoyed my work experience, the staff is very friendly and helpful, I traveled to different floors to stock different kitchens, I checked the expiration dates on the milks and disposed of anything that was going to expire, I took inventory and organized the shelves in the stockroom.
Pros
Easy going work, no pressure
Cons
Nothing, I have no complaints
Dynamic work place
Lead Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Very Dynamic work place, fast pace, very entertaining very good group of people to work at interact with. Beautiful offices, cool music. Very organized working place
Pros
Summer time schedule
Excellent Culture
TA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
Amazing company to work for! Awesome culture with alot of music perks ie artist performances, concert ticket giveaways, lots of parties, and amazing people to work with.
I like working with my coworker. You have to a team player to complete a project.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  75 Rocket Feller Plaza, New York NYAugust 7, 2018
It is a enjouable place to work. I work with depenbable peoples in the office that help you when you need help. You have to be committed to reslove problems in a fast paced.
Upper Management is awful
Licensing and publishing administrator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 2, 2018
The mission is to be innovative and create an excellent work environment. Couldn't be farther from the truth. There is no training and no processes set up.
Pros
Alot of good music and shows
Cons
Basically a start up company
Good Review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2018
Get up early and listen to music. I learned a lot about music. the management was very nice. Great culture. Hardest part of job ws staying up late at night.
A comfortable working environment
Executive intern/A&R Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
A comfortable working environment. A great learning experience on every level. My time there was well spent and I gain many life long relationships...
Pros
Laid back great staff hard workers
Cons
N/a
So Many Chapters It Could Be Considered A Trilogy
Manager of Licensing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
A typical day is always busy at a record label, there is not a dull moment when you are dealing with hundreds of people a day.
\I've learned how to fully understand and negotiate a recording artist agreement together, learned how to calculate royalty rates, negotiate promo deals, work under pressure and beat deadlines, marketing, A&R and promotions. I've been a manager for multiple years and my teams have completed tasks of paying out huge amounts of unpaid artist royalties. Realizing later on how that helped the artists and the label to continue to prosper. The culture is and vibe always changing like weather. As long as you don't get "under the weather" then everything is fine. If you love what you do nothing will be hard when doing it. The job wasn't hard it just had a few difficult moments. The people/co-workers were the most enjoyable. Getting to meet so many people who I can consider family is something amazing.
Pros
meeting artists
Cons
quick breaks
Human Resources Intern
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2018
• Worked directly under the SVP of Human Resources in a capacity similar to a Human Resources Generalist,
• Developed ideas for open floor plans, created job satisfaction surveys, researched exit strategies and succession plan strategies,
• Started office and job satisfaction improvement strategies and presented these strategies in executive meetings
• Worked in MS Excel populating a Master List for a new position opening in the company,
Not bad
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 9, 2018
Nice people (for the most part).Could inject more "fun" into the work place culture and get on-board with telecommuting, but have seen improvements in work-life balance initiatives in recent years.
Great company that is experiencing downward trend on physical sales.
Senior Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 3, 2018
Company was great but is currently undergoing wholesale changes not only in terms of business model--i.e., switching from physical to digital sales and affecting the company bottom line--but also adversely impacting the people supporting it...For example, the closure of IT and business user positions supporting physical sales is triggering a considerable number of layoffs without a realistic chance of retaining otherwise highly trained and experienced personnel.

Executive management (in New York) has been increasingly mandating more and more outsourcing jobs/functionality to India--risky long-term move--and also replacing experienced personnel from the west-coast with cheaper low-experience personnel in Nashville.
Pros
Fairly relaxed work atmosphere with great benefits and reasonably flexible hours as needed.
Cons
Promotion opportunities are few and work atmosphere can be challenging at times.
Amazing experience working here and was proud to be part of an amazing team!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at Warner Music Group and the exposure to the Grammy awards. It was truly fun, this is where I learned attention to details. Worked on a special project called "Time to Read", which was a community relations opportunity helping under privileged children to work with executives to teach these kids to read.
closer commute
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 22, 2018
commute was nice, pretty environment, nice and safe area, some work life balance, closed from Christmas to Year year. Casual wear and relaxed environment
Pros
close to home
Cons
stressful, high expectations with low salary
Decent place to work.
Audits Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
Benefits are good. Work environment is fine. There is a lack of communication between upper management and employees. Needs more opportunities for advancement and/or transitioning over to different areas of the company.
Benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance
Temporary work assignment
Business Analyst, IT (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 26, 2018
This is a very short work assignment. The experience is very limited because of the duration of work. In my very short stay I was able to accomplish what is expected and beyond. I will recommend this company to a friend
Great Place to Work but Work Life Balance is Skewed
A&R / Legal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 23, 2018
I loved my experience working at Warner Music Group. I worked out of the Nashville office and enjoyed my colleagues there although there was a period of stressful transitions where senior level and chief level employees were being fired left and right from Feb 2017 - Nov 2017. That did not sit well with me.

Having constant contact with the international offices of the corporation and the NYC and LA / Burbank offices was a plus. You truly are working in an international corporation with many moving pieces. For the most part, there was always someone there with the answers I needed.

Company culture is wonderful. I made lasting relationships with my work colleagues.

Team culture differs by department, however. Some teams are super engaging while others work in isolation. Be sure to understand what you're getting into in terms of work dynamics so you can meter your expectations.

I worked on two teams while I was there. The first was very connected and engaging. I enjoyed that work experience. The second team was never in the building and if they were they were shut in their offices with the door closed hosting back-to-back meetings. I ended up forging relationships with other teams because my team was hardly ever available to answer questions / brainstorm / connect.

Overall, I enjoyed my experiences with the company. Just be sure to have your offer(s) and benefits in writing. I was pitched one offer and in reality, this was not the case, but I only realized this once I was months into my job. They will low ball you if you let them. Don't let them.
Pros
Company culture, free and interesting company events, great people
Cons
Management is shaky at times, constant turnover in some roles, sometimes you do a little of a lot of people's jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warner Music Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight