Warner Music Group Employee Reviews

Great company that is experiencing downward trend on physical sales.
Senior Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 3, 2018
Company was great but is currently undergoing wholesale changes not only in terms of business model--i.e., switching from physical to digital sales and affecting the company bottom line--but also adversely impacting the people supporting it...For example, the closure of IT and business user positions supporting physical sales is triggering a considerable number of layoffs without a realistic chance of retaining otherwise highly trained and experienced personnel.

Executive management (in New York) has been increasingly mandating more and more outsourcing jobs/functionality to India--risky long-term move--and also replacing experienced personnel from the west-coast with cheaper low-experience personnel in Nashville.
Pros
Fairly relaxed work atmosphere with great benefits and reasonably flexible hours as needed.
Cons
Promotion opportunities are few and work atmosphere can be challenging at times.
Amazing experience working here and was proud to be part of an amazing team!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at Warner Music Group and the exposure to the Grammy awards. It was truly fun, this is where I learned attention to details. Worked on a special project called "Time to Read", which was a community relations opportunity helping under privileged children to work with executives to teach these kids to read.
closer commute
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 22, 2018
commute was nice, pretty environment, nice and safe area, some work life balance, closed from Christmas to Year year. Casual wear and relaxed environment
Pros
close to home
Cons
stressful, high expectations with low salary
Decent place to work.
Audits Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
Benefits are good. Work environment is fine. There is a lack of communication between upper management and employees. Needs more opportunities for advancement and/or transitioning over to different areas of the company.
Benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance
Temporary work assignment
Business Analyst, IT (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 26, 2018
This is a very short work assignment. The experience is very limited because of the duration of work. In my very short stay I was able to accomplish what is expected and beyond. I will recommend this company to a friend
Great Place to Work but Work Life Balance is Skewed
A&R / Legal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 23, 2018
I loved my experience working at Warner Music Group. I worked out of the Nashville office and enjoyed my colleagues there although there was a period of stressful transitions where senior level and chief level employees were being fired left and right from Feb 2017 - Nov 2017. That did not sit well with me.

Having constant contact with the international offices of the corporation and the NYC and LA / Burbank offices was a plus. You truly are working in an international corporation with many moving pieces. For the most part, there was always someone there with the answers I needed.

Company culture is wonderful. I made lasting relationships with my work colleagues.

Team culture differs by department, however. Some teams are super engaging while others work in isolation. Be sure to understand what you're getting into in terms of work dynamics so you can meter your expectations.

I worked on two teams while I was there. The first was very connected and engaging. I enjoyed that work experience. The second team was never in the building and if they were they were shut in their offices with the door closed hosting back-to-back meetings. I ended up forging relationships with other teams because my team was hardly ever available to answer questions / brainstorm / connect.

Overall, I enjoyed my experiences with the company. Just be sure to have your offer(s) and benefits in writing. I was pitched one offer and in reality, this was not the case, but I only realized this once I was months into my job. They will low ball you if you let them. Don't let them.
Pros
Company culture, free and interesting company events, great people
Cons
Management is shaky at times, constant turnover in some roles, sometimes you do a little of a lot of people's jobs
A great start!
College Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2018
The job is a great start for someone who wants to be in the music industry. I love the fact it is a perfect look into what the industry is all about for someone who wants to end up working for a big company like Warner someday.
Excellent place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Warner Music is a great place to work. Excellent company culture. I learned a lot. Nothing bad to say about Warner Music. My job was challenging and I am proud to say I made a significant positive, seven figure contribution to the bottom line and balance sheet of the company. Excellent CEO. My boss was absolutely great.
Pros
Many
Cons
Minimal
Fast Paced, Stressed Month-End but Great Times
Digital Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 5, 2018
WMG has been a great adventure for me especially in the world of Digital Music. I've learned and grown so much. My direct managers were the best. Management allowed you to work on your own and didn't micro-manage you.

Our workplace culture was laid back. We had a niche group so we all got along great, very few problems between us. The hardest part was the amount of work expected from you. The workload can be overwhelming at times, it takes exemplary organization skills to stay on top of everything.

Most enjoyable is being able to work with different teams, within and outside the US. It's great way to learn more from people outside of your department.
Pros
Music
Cons
Heavy Workload
Great job, great benefits
Assistant Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILJanuary 30, 2018
This job is great. The benefits are top notch, low stress and and training was sufficient. The people had a good sense of balance between work and personal life which I really like.
its a awesome company
Lead Mail Clerk/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
just great here all u have to do is be focus and u will move up the staff is great the party the food the concerts its a great place to work if u love music or the business of it this is for u
Pros
everything
Cons
The very heart of the music business
Label Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2017
Some of the best years of my career in the music business have been spent working at WMG, although my time there was short the culture there was always inviting and collaborative.
Pros
Free Lunches, Promotional copies of new music, employee discounts
Cons
some management was lacking at the time of my employment
Depending on your department/manager it can be a great place to work
Senior Director, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
Warner is focusing more on changing its very demanding culture. Some departments are antiquated in the way in which they process work (more on the label side of the house). Others, digital, bus dev, corporate are in line with the market.
Was a great place to work at!
Sales, marketing and distribution division (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Working for WEA Corp was wonderful. It was truly a work/family environment that although very high paced, there never was a dull moment. It afforded me the opportunity to hone my craft.
Pros
meeting recording artists
Cons
Changing climate of recording industry affected company
Fun, relaxed environment with exceptionally low wages
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2017
The culture at WMG is fantastic. Management is very open and accessible. Employees are social. There are a lot of parties and industry events. You receive discounts on music products and lots of free swag and perks. But, the pay is EXCEPTIONALLY LOW even by industry standards.
Pros
Great environment, accessible management
Cons
low wages and advancement
The best music label in the world
Director (Current Employee) –  MoscowAugust 31, 2017
Whole music channel we created there.
Amazing friendly team.
Experience of work with the world famous musicians.
Freedom of creativity.
Great experience.
Fun Place to work!
Finance/Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2017
Work schedule 9 to 6!
Nice management
very positive workplace
The is no Hardest part of the job
Enjoyable management, training and positive environment & the culture of the company
Great environment and people
Studio Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2017
The environment offered at Warner was great and the people were always very kind and caring. Connections were easy to make as everyone was very open to conversation and meeting others.
Company no longer exists
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 7, 2017
I worked in the division that manufactured and distributed physical product. that no longer exists. But it was great while it lasted. I was able to travel extensively.
Work/Life Balance Unsatisfactory
Promotions and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 24, 2017
While the work I found to be very easy, the management I found to be unprofessional and the company as a while was not open to new ideas nor did it how interest in promotion from within.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warner Music Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight