WarnerMedia
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

WarnerMedia Employee Reviews

United States444 reviews

cabletwcchartermergerspectrummediuminternetperk

My two teams were compensated well and Team Building Activities Outside the Office were a norm.

Continual Flux. Constantly Project Deviations per C-Level Management. Stressful at Times on myself and Teams. My time at TWC reinforced my position on Senior and C-Level Management Incompetency. Keeping projects on schedule and on budget was a challenge. Satisfaction from Management from 58 Divisions on Support.

What is the best part of working at the company?The best part of working at warner media was the pay and overtimeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The most stressful part was the some of the unprofessional supervisors and managersWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The culture and work environment is up tight and you can't trust many people.

WarnerMedia insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

good company to work for

good company to work for learned new skills helpful work mates would recommend as an employer equal family and work balance especially helpful in the harlingen texas plant

Pros

good work enviroment

Cons

sometimes lacks training

Never ending mergers and plenty of work. Technology is top notch.

It's not a bad place to work if you like to stay busy. Days, weeks and months go by quickly due to the amount of work. Stand your ground on your personal boundaries when it comes to needing your own downtime. I really like working with my own team, but I guess that varies from team to team. Benefits are average, not horrible. The 401k match is decent. I have no problems requesting time off. We're always merging and going through headcount reduction so this can be very stressful. I feel we use some of the best technology so that's where I get most of my joy working here.

Strong well-organized company

Warner Media is a well-organized and highly effective company that treats employees very well. It is a fast paced challenging environment where results are rewarded

Fun team and environment

Cool shows. Great team. Lots of opportunities to learn. Management can be helpful if you build relationships early on. Good company culture, although it’s changing some with the newest merger.

Don’t work here

They don’t take interest in developing talent especially the Albany,NY now Schenectady office. Certain managers are petty and vindictive . If they fire all the managers and start over it might be decent. I’m a manager and learned what not to do by working there

Fun workplace

Enjoyed my time here. I was challenged to grow and I learned a lot. My coworkers were encouraging as we were all working toward the same goal. Good entertainment experience.

Good company, but not the same as before

Was a great culture at Turner prior to the AT&T purchase, then went downhill and is only getting worse with the Discovery merger. No one is really sure what the company stands for, which is a shame when it was such a pioneer.

Great WLB, but boring

The company now has unlimited PTO, which is great. You can also work remotely or have a hybrid work schedule, depending on the team you’re in. The only downside that I can think of is the possibility of being laid off, especially with all these mergers. Things don’t seem stable at times.

bad management

horrible management, annoying supervisors and coworkers, poor pay, no advancement. A typical day working security for this company is being talked down by a supervisor

Fun place to work in

you login and start your day, no supervisor is on your head or manager as long as you do your job.Execellent environement ., fun, and good salary overall

Pros

good salary

Cons

hard to get promoted

Expect to be laid off

Since 2016 the company has been laying people off and was just purchased by yet another company so there are sure to be more layoffs. The only people that get training here are the Executives, there is no job related training available. When I first started working there it was a wonderful place to work, but the culture quickly went downhill after 2016. All of the cuts made were to employee programs and perks.

Sales Associate job- good part time job with some setbacks and challenges and overall interesting and fun environment.

Overall it was a good part time job and I would recommend it as a seasonal job or temporary job but not long term. Long hours. Minimal opportunity for advancement. Plenty of interesting things to learn if you love film. Overall decent experience.

It is by far the worst job I have ever worked at

When I signed on with Warner Media I thought I was signing on for a technical job. System Administrator. This was not the case. This job is 95% not technical. The position is basically a high paid ticket jockey. Traffic director. It is very desctructive for a persons career. Warner Media highers high level engineers with a very strong technical backround to be traffic directors. I felt so lied to 3 months after being hired when I realized I was going to stuck at a dead end position that would actually decay my technical skills due to not using them at all on a day to day basis.

cool campus/people, but disconnected teams/management

PROS: The Atlanta campus is great. It feels like a small but nice college campus. The culture was good in general. The company is trying (for the most part) to stay modern in their technology which I appreciated.CONS: Teams and management seemed a little disconnected in places. The organization is a hodgepodge of older acquired brands and they're still trying to organize it all.

productive and fun with several outlets to relax and enjoy your shift.

I’ve never had a better place to work at. The company allows for growth and internal promotions. Most departments are culturally diverse and management doesn’t overstep their authority.

Great company to work for if your in the right department.

At face value is is one of the top media companies in the world. Depending on what department you work in. The Security department can be stressful, and very demanding. You are glued to the company cell phone, and dare you not miss a call or email. All in all there are other positions within the company where people seem to be very happy at work. But do not join the security department, unless you don’t want or have a normal life. More work, less pay. If your into journalism, or movies, then it’s the place for you.

Pros

3 weeks vacation

Cons

Don’t expect to have a personal life.

Toxic Workplace Culture

Toxic workplace culture, shady management, the typical terrible corporate world where you're in a room filled with entitlement. The need to make their workers feel appreciated and stop feeling out of touch.

Pros

Free lunch, decent pay

Cons

Micromanaging workers, unreliable HR, nepotism, bosses who don't care

Great place to work if you can keep up. If not, this is not the place for everyone.

Overall, working at WarnerMedia takes dedication and sacrifice to help the company expand. If you are early in your career and you want to go go go, this is the place for you. Not saying this is not the place for mid or late careers, the environment is incredibly fast-paced and there's no room to take things slow or even to fix old issues.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Inclusive Culture, Media perks, Great people, Unlimited PTO, Ability to travel to various corporate offices around the U.S. and the world.

Cons

Remote onboarding was a mess, lots of tools to master, processes are not documented well, management can be demanding, worklife balance is not really practiced, long hours until work is done.

Fun workplace

The conundrum of WarnerMedia is that we are constantly changing (mergers, reorgs, spin offs), yet there is this inertia that makes it so that nothing ever really changes. Change gets really dragged out: It is clear most of us are never going back to the office yet execs are dragging their feet on pulling the trigger. It is clear our compensation has not kept in line with the labor market and half the staff has left, yet the execs are dragging their feet.

Pros

It's fun to tell people where you work, pay is good at the beginning

Cons

Pay increases don't keep up with inflation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WarnerMedia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss