Warren County Career Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Productive and fun with very flexible scheduling
Student (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAFebruary 16, 2018
This was not a job, I am currently I student at a vocational school. It has provided me with the groundwork necessary to succeed in what I pursue after high school, which is business.
MA schooling
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Was a good place to go to school just for the main fact that the classes where very small and the teachers where able to be very helpful with all the students
Student-focused
Career Technical Special Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHNovember 26, 2017
WCCC is a career and technical high school, as well as offering many training opportunities for adults. The staff is very close, and many I still have a friends. Once people are hired, they rarely leave.The focus is on giving students a quality education and the most current skills for a variety of occupations.
Pros
Benefits, culture, hours
Cons
evening commitments (minimal)
Fun place to work
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHNovember 22, 2017
Driving a school bus can be challenging but at the Warren County Career Center, it was enjoyable. The kids were older and well behaved, for the most part.
Pros
Enjoyed the kids
Cons
No summer time paycheck
Excellent
Director (Current Employee) –  Warren, PA 16365November 17, 2017
The WCSD is wonderful place to work. All Central Office staff are very easy to work with and support the staff at all levels. As with all public schools, there is a push to save money, the WCSD makes financial decisions based on student need first.
Pros
Administrative Staff
Caring enviroment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHDecember 27, 2016
Students are different but a joy to work with. The administration is caring and supportive. The students are most enjoyable part of the job but the rigorous testing is the most difficult.
fun place to learn
Food Service Management, Other (Former Employee) –  Warren, PASeptember 24, 2014
it wasn't really a real job but it did teach me a lot about getting ready for a job after school. I learned baking skills , serving, plate preparation, the co workers were very great to work with I wish I could go back and do it all over again.
Pros
got free bake goods
Supportive work environment
Academic & Career Technology Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHAugust 7, 2013
I have enjoyed working at the WCCC as a substitute teacher. Staff is friendly, students are respectful and most want to be there so it makes teacher's job much easier compared to that for those in a traditional high school environment. Support of administration is key to success in this organization; all is not perfect yet when everyone participates in making sure students succeed, it makes it a place where you want to go to work each day.
Pros
Small enrollment, only 11th and 12th graders; great lunch prices; friendly staff; grounds and interior well maintained, state of the technology; professional development
Cons
academic teacher schedule is more robust compared to that of technology instructor, so not as much tine with students
Diverse environment with hands on experience.
Licensed Ohio Adult Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lebanon Ohio and Kings Mills OhioNovember 25, 2012
There is no typical day for a part-time employee. Our day, and employment, is based upon enrollment. When we do have classes there is a very structured environment and process due to the financial and governing necessities. Classes begin on time and end on time with scheduled breaks. You are required to have a lesson plan prepared and approved by your coordinator before class. Grades, when necessary, are to be turned in on time.
The greatest challenge is the quantity of material that you need to become expert with in what is often a very brief timeframe. This is also a great neuro-exercise! I have found myself becoming a learning junky.
The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of the job itself. The most enjoyable part, by far, is that you are teaching adults who want to learn. These are sometimes people who have not succeeded in more conventional educational systems and are seeking to remake themself at various and sometimes unaccommodating times in their life.
Of course you have the occasional challenges with individuals. What job does not? In this field you quickly learn to see beyond behavior and through to the fear that has sparked that behavior. Learning new things is something we all fear at first! We just have to get to that point where we see the benefit that is going to outweigh the risk to our security blanket of status quo.
The Warren County Career Center is a great place to find people that will help learners dare to experience the unknown.
student
student (Former Employee) –  lebanon, OhioSeptember 19, 2012
the teachers and staff were all educated and friendly. I leaned a lot here! s
Teaching adults, What can I say.
Educator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHMay 21, 2012
I love to teach, but adults are not ideal students. They either know more than you or over complicate concepts. The W.C.C.C. was a fine enough place to work, it was just the (adult) students. A nice professional environment, etc... I liked it will enough, but it was part-time and I had to move on.