WARREN DISTRIBUTION Employee Reviews

Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 14, 2019
If you want something kept quite then don't say anything to anyone because if you do it will travel like white on rice and never be the way you said it
Pros
Laid back work
Cons
Most co workers are out to get you
Senior RPG Programming Consultant
SENIOR PROGRAMMING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 28, 2019
Highly recommended place at which to work. IT manager is very much a people person who sincerely cares about his employees' best interest. For example, I was given $10/hour more than what was originally agreed upon when I accepted the job!
Great company to work for
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2019
Wasn’t until I left that I truly appreciated the way Warren was managed. Management cared for employees and employees cared about the responsibility to company.
Pros
Free fitness center was state of the art
Cons
Chance of promotion was very low
Amazing
Blowmolding (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 9, 2019
I love this job and I was working for this company through the working staff agency and I loved every minute working there. All the people there was really nice and it was just amazing to me.
Hard work but easy to do
Blow mold lineworker (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 9, 2019
I really enjoyed working for this company. If I could have, I would have stayed longer. Had workable hours and good, competitive pay. Would work for them again.
Great company to work for
Packaging / Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2019
When I started at Warren it was a new field for me and one thing that stuck out in my mind was the plant manager and other management telling I would succeed and they would give me all the tools that i need to succeed and it worked out great
Pros
Sharing of knowledge
Cons
Excellent employer all around.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 3, 2019
Warren not only helped me succeed in a professional level but also played a large part in my continued improvement of health and wellness. Warren has many opportunities for long lasting career moves including education, many levels and directions for advancement, and a stable work environment. During my time at Warren they offered many educational avenues and supported my growth 100%. Warren truly cares about their associates health and wellness constantly striving to tailor programs that encourage and support a healthy lifestyle. I would recommend Warren Distribution to anyone looking for a fulfilling and rewarding career.
Pros
Great pay/benefits, strong leadership direction
Cons
Some employee buy in is difficult to obtain, a shared issue with many organizations
Middle Management is a problem
Bulk Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Glen Dale, WVMay 30, 2019
Most of my time was enjoyable but the promote based on politics and not on job performance. This leads to poor leadership and disgruntled and confused employees. Other then that is was a decent job.
Overall good job
Blending Zone Lead (Current Employee) –  Glen Dale, WVApril 2, 2019
Worked as blender operator for 4 years and was promoted to blending zone leader. In blending there is the department manager and 4 crews consisting of a zone leader and 4 blender operators. As a blender operator you are expected to rotate through 5 different job responsibilities as well work together with other crew members on shared responsibilities. The title “blender operator” does not begin to describe all of the responsibikities of the position. I personally enjoyed all that was asked out of this position, but don’t feel the compensation is adequate. “Zone leader” is just another supervisor term for supervisor. I like my job but feel it is under payed and feel that the fact that I am called a “zone leader” is making it hard for me to be considered for other supervisor positions.
Pros
Good work environment and good a lot of pto
Cons
Pay is decent but not up to par and I don’t like the 2-3-2 12 hour schedule.
Never worked long enough
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 9, 2019
The work was easy just Not steady. I don’t like working 2-3 days out the week then being off two days then getting called back. People haven children to feed and we can’t feed them like that.
Nice pace somewhat relaxed workspace
Blow mold line worker (Former Employee) –  Moundsville, WVJanuary 23, 2019
Had to stay by the blow molding assembly wait on the machine to make the bottles. As they came off the convey stacked them in order they need be for packaging. Then ran the stacks thru a strapper an sent them off to the next department. So overall it's a constant paced job. Not to demanding. Also are understanding with new employees on learning the job.
Pros
Food and drinks in break room, 3-15 min paid breaks
Cons
On your feet for 12hrs a day, not very much time for sleep for next shift, and also a weird schedule to follow so hard for planning personal things
Great Internship Program
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 18, 2019
I did a summer internship with Warren Distribution and was put in a position to pretty much learn as little or as much as I wanted. I was exposed to a variety projects that their engineering department took on and learned a lot about project management.. I left knowing more about fluid hydrostatics and piping instrumentation that I thought I would ever know.
A very hot and degrading place to work.
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WVNovember 10, 2018
The company used two different temp services to hire during my time there. I was a "temp" making under $10 an hour. You won't be referred to by your name. The term "temp" is what you will be called if you're wearing a yellow hat despite how long you've worked there. Upon arriving for the first night of work, I couldn't get into the building because you need an ID badge for the door. After finding a worker outside to let me in, nobody was around to direct me where to go. I found a supervisor who had no idea who I was or where to send me. The entire building is EXTREMELY hot and humid in the summer. I witnessed people get physically ill and vomit working the packaging line due to heat exhaustion. This is a full throttle job with little down time and the turnover rate is massive. I saw at least 50 men come and go on my shift alone during the year I was there. I was not hired into the company even though I outperformed men who were and I was never late or missed work.
Pros
Plenty of hours if you can handle it.
Cons
Extreme heat, low pay, and lack of respect for temps.
Very shady management
former operator (Former Employee) –  Glen Dale, WVAugust 22, 2018
Very number oriented company. Very shady and untrustworthy management. Only family oriented if in the "buddy system". Definitely no equal treatment (buddy system extremely bad at this location).
Pros
Decent benefits
Great work environment
CB Workstaffing (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 12, 2018
My days at work were an amazing experience. Everyone I worked with was incredibly helpful. The managers really care about the well being and safety of their employees.
Pros
Employee appreciation week
Great place to work!
Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 10, 2018
Outstanding organization. Loved the people and environment. Opportunities to learn and grow; valued associate input and provided feedback that was valuable to work-life balance.
Shag driver, dont do it! Management will screw you
Shag Driver (Former Employee) –  Glen Dale, WVMay 28, 2018
I worked as a shag driver, driving in-between their Glen Dale and shadyside locations. It was a great job until management gets in the way! You WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TAKE A BREAK OR RELAX AT ALL!! I absolutely loved the job until I transferred shifts then management from shadyside made it a hostile work environment. Constantly asking where I was and constantly complaining I was going too slow. Other managers told this mananger I was the fastest the company had but it wasn't good enough. Finally I snapped and told management if they can do it any better do it themselves and I quit. To be honest it was the best decision I've ever made! I would never wish this job on anyone. You will be cranking 50 sets of landing great in a 12 to 14 hour period, the newest trailer is 13 years old and the newest truck is 10 years old. You will be broken down alot and stressed out. Fair warning to potential candidates!
Cons
It is what it is. It aint what it aint.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Glen Dale, WVMarch 18, 2018
They make oil and transmission fluid here. I used to make boxes on a machine that broke down often. I don't think they got fixed very well when they broke.
Pros
It's not unemployment.
Cons
Yearly evals are a joke. Dont expect much more than a 20 cent raise.
Good Company to Work for
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 24, 2017
Warren Performance Packaging (aka; Warren Distribution) is a fast paced, physically demanding job. Everyday was a learning experience. Warehouse employees worked with every department in Warren Performance Packaging from the CEO of the company to fellow coworkers in other departments. Warren overall is a fun place to work. The employees of Warren are fun and easy to work with. The hardest part of this job was unloading trailer loads of 55 g. steel drums. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
Pros
Great benefits, free gym to workout in, monthly birthday goodies day.
Cons
Poor warehouse management.
great work place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WVOctober 18, 2017
fast pace so your day goes fast.Great place to work at.pay raises yearly and benfits.company is expanding andgrowing bigger,job security.great place to learn new jobs
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of overtime