Warren Equipment Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
EPG Production Power TC (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 27, 2018
Excellent leadership at the top.
In some areas, poor managers with little to no formal STEM eduction.
Challenging work not for the weak at heart.
Overall, loved the challenges and customer engagement.
Pros
Dynamic
Cons
Long hours for management but its what I signed up for.
Not what you know but who you know
Business side (Former Employee) –  Warren EquipFebruary 18, 2018
No chance for advancement unless you know higher ups. No training what so ever unless its safety training on how to park in the parking lot.

Good Ole boy company and if you don't know one of them your in trouble. I read one of the posts and totally agree HR and Management are hooked at the hip. HR is useless!
Pros
None waste of your time
Cons
hours, work environment, travel to and from airport, no training
Great experiences working for WEC.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Always recommend this company. Loved being a part of the team and wouldn’t mind returning! Had a wonderful manager and at times regret leaving, although I loved my time with my kids!
A truly progressive company with great benefits
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 15, 2017
I served the administration company over all the divisions. We viewed ourselves as servants of our client divisions. This company is successful at everything it does.
no facility support
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 26, 2017
good benefits, good people, no company investment in facility maintenance, poor lighting, NO RUNNING WATER, bathroom stalls are too small to use without bumping into walls or fixtures. poor house keeping in shop.
Face paced workplace with opportunity to grow
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Oversee employees while warehouse and sales counters are ran. Help countermen with hard questions or customers. Warehouse employees did various picking, pulling, and counting of the stock. I managed over 8500 lines of inventory and six employees.
Pros
Great Team Environment, Opportunity For Growth
Cons
Long Hours Often In The Heat, Dependent On Oil Business
Micro Managed
scape goat (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 29, 2016
Company has great benefits and good pay but you will be micro managed and blamed for wrong doings even though you may not be at fault. The best way to keep the job is to agree and take blame regardless if you are to blame or not.
Upper management is hostile and HR is not there for YOU, they are there for the company. Good luck, and may there be peace within yourself.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Micro Manageged
poor management
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 24, 2016
Previous review is spot on. There is no loyalty, especially if you work for the engine division. Management doesn't care about employees as you are only a paycheck. Many years of experience was just let go and that experience is hard to find. Too bad the executives don't get out of their ivory tower and talk to the people that are generating revenue. It’s surprising upper management has allowed one person in the engine division to treat employees the way they have been treated. I’m grateful the machine division is not managed in the same way.
Pros
year end bonus
Cons
management, buddy system
Not stable
Yard Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 29, 2016
This company suffers from hateful politics and poor advancement opportunity. Unfortunately many good people work there and many of them are getting laid off.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
No stability
Good pay, good benefits, good people
Project Manager - oil and gas (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 25, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 35 years, since I was 19 years old, started out as a large engine rebuilder (technician) and was allowed to advance from within up to a professional job handling hundreds of million of dollars of product from ordering, packaging and delivering.

Sadly this last position I held for the past 10 years was on the oil and gas side of the business and there's obviously no bonus points for loyalty and / or seniority. I was laid off with out as much as a hand shake from the manager that told me I was being laid off.

I cannot complain about the 35 year ride, it was great, great experiences, lots of free trips abroad and great people.

But when times are good and my team is distributing hundred of million of dollars of product, one would think that production would be appreciated and maybe a small fund set aside to ride out the downturn in business or even job reassignment for employees that have proved so valuable when times were good.

Just beware, this is a sales driven company that talks the talk until money is involved. There is no loyalty earned for hard work and dedication. And when the time comes that your not needed, or make a little more than others in the same position, you are gone.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, end of year bonuses
Cons
Sales driven - management does not always do what they preach
Challenging work, excellent people
Field service Technician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day as a tech at warren equipment started with coordinating jobs in and around the texas panhandle, aquiring knowledge and parts to efficiently repair the rental fleet. The managment was dedicated and very knowledgeable, willing to help out wherever needed to get the jobs done.
People seem to be self motivated for the most part.
Welder/fabricator/fitter/machinist (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 23, 2015
Enjoy the people I work with.Everyone seems to get along for the most part.Bonuses at the end of year.They also have cookouts at the shop for the employees about every two months.
Pros
Good times with all the employees ...Bonuses at end of the year....Good pay and benefits..
Cons
Double standard for some employees.
A good place to work
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 17, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Warren, I stayed very busy verifying insurance coverage of rental equipment for two of our companies. I learned a lot about doing the weekly reports in excel.
Pros
my job allowed for some flexibility on my hours
Cons
not as much support from my immediate manager
no advancment
mechanic (Former Employee) –  amarillo txJanuary 5, 2015
company has good pay and work hours,but not much advancement,if your good at your position that's where they will keep you,lots of back stabing
Pros
good pay
Cons
managment
Good old company which needs improvement
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 17, 2014
Needs an updated pay scale. Lots of things are handled old fashioned.
Good company, poor culture
Engine Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 3, 2014
The company has grand potential to be an excellent place to work. The benefits are great, the management seems to sympathize with it's employees somewhat, and some of the people are quite dedicated and friendly.

However, recent changes have created a workplace culture of finger pointing. The majority of folks there would sooner blame others than own up to their own issues, and seemingly spend more time seeking flaws in others than they do working.
Pros
Good management, some good people, consistent work
Cons
gossip, blame culture, work/life balance