Warren General Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent Educational Experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAFebruary 25, 2019
Warren General Hospital's nursing staff work very well with student nurses, teaching and encouraging students to use critical thinking skills as well as hands-on skills, to provide quality health care for their patients.
Fast paced, stressful and hard to advance
Lab Support Tech (Current Employee) –  LabDecember 8, 2018
I am part time desiring full time. After 5 years here it still hasn't happened. Young staff. I am nationally certified and desire more. I stay here because of the hourly rate that is not matched anywhere else. Makes it difficult to just leave. Must be patient if you want to work here to achieve full time.
Pros
Love my job and what I do
Cons
Never see administration in departments showig their appreciation for what we do.
great benefits
WAITRESS, CHARLIES DINER (Current Employee) –  warren paDecember 6, 2018
the gn program was disorganized but a work in progress, staff was available to help new nurses, good pt to nurse ratio, great benefits and good environment to work in
Management starting to improve
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  IMSACMay 29, 2018
Overall a great place to work. Management is starting to get better than in past years. Some terrific easy to work with managers in some departments like maternity, X-ray, pharmacy, IT, physical therapy and lab. Mostly good benefits
Pros
Mostly friendly environment, patient focused
Cons
Poor retirement plan
Co-workers were like family
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAMarch 7, 2018
Co-workers always willing to assist in caring with patients. Always feeling I made a difference in someone else's life. The money and benefits were great. Raises every year to date . Awards for excellent work record and time of being employed. The hardest part of the job ,was looking a patient. I loved to sit and get to know my patients and their families. Be able to talk with their families and give them ideas and assistance. Management were great,always willing to lend a ear.
Pros
Floating holidays, union
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed
Medium passed working atmosphere. High stress at times
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Shifts and units differ from day to day on experience overall helpful.Management is very friendly but not to helpful. The CEO seems very nice and approachable.
Excellent place of employment
IMSAC Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Happy with the fellow staff, management was often lacking support and were often difficult to contact for issues that would present. Lack of communication between management and floor staff.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Lead Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Warren, PASeptember 25, 2017
Nothing bad to say most workers were hard working,and know their jobs. Team work:It is a pleasant place to work. I would highly recommend WGH to anyone
Pros
Staff
Cons
Outsourced
Good benefits don't make up for a terrible work environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAJuly 13, 2017
Nurse to patient ratios are unsafe; nurses are overworked, often many overtime hours resulting in burn out; management is not at all receptive to the needs of the nurses or patients and administration is even worse; director of nursing screams and yells at nurses and about nurses in the hallways, within earshot of other employees and patients; nurses are leaving in droves due to the treatment by management and administration; good luck getting a real break
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
unsafely staffed- too many patients, not enough nurses or CNAs
.Loved my job there
Registered Nurse/Emergency Care Center Management (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAMay 10, 2017
Fast paced, encourage to excel and develop professionally. Staff and management worked cohesively together. Professionalism was expected and you were rewarded fairly.
fast pace,overload of pt's to nurse ratio leading to short staffing,poor morale
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAMarch 15, 2016
most co-workers are team players while other are bullies.
some great bosses while others are disrespectful.
over all employee morale very low due to the management treatment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Professional enviroment
Ultrasound Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAAugust 27, 2015
First thing in the morning I turn on all the machines and check the solution. I begin my day by taking the first patient that arrives. I verify the patient by their birthdate and full name. I explain to the patient of what I will be doing and what I will be looking at. I complete the exam and walk out my patient. After the patient is gone I fill out a worksheet of everything I saw on the exam. My exam is then sent to the radiologist. I work directly with my manager. The hardest part of my day is being a perfectionist about my images. The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting new people. My co-workers are great. We work together as a team.
Pros
Able to expand my experience
Cons
Job Stability
autonomy supported and encouraged
Director of Case Management (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAJuly 2, 2015
Management of staff allows me the opportunity to put my own ideas into practice and make appropriate changes. Being in charge of several committees affords me the opportunity to explore the skills developed during my years of educational advancement
Pros
Autonomy, Excellence oriented
Cons
really is no cons exept perhaps the lack of flexability of hours
direct pt care
RN (Current Employee) –  Warren, PAOctober 8, 2014
varies with type of pts admitted , fast paced. many different paitents. co workers are great
Pros
close to home
Cons
hard work
liked job and staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAMay 21, 2014
liked job
liked staff
early morning
was only casual call
only had to go in when called.
loved the job, but not steady work
Pros
like job
Cons
had to in at 7..was only casual call...only called when needed
Excellant facility to do externship at
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  WARREN PAApril 16, 2014
I spent 60 hrs in the coding department and 60 hrs in the billing dept. For my externship for college
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
I have no cons to report
Tight knit coworkers in fast paced environment.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Warren, PASeptember 5, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my position at Warren General Hospital. I learned many skills, such as; batch cooking, HACCP guidelines, food safety guidelines, Sodexo standards, and little tips and tricks for when cooking food.

My coworkers became my best friends. We all worked well together and helped each other get the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

The hardest part of the job was prepping for patient trayline, helping prepare cafeteria food, and catering all at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers. Working there didn't generally feel like "work".
Pros
Ability to catch on to my job
Cons
Not having job security
Growing department
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, PaMarch 27, 2013
Embed, cut and stain an average of 50 blocks per day, Stained a wide range of immunos, and special stains. Manually access patient cases. Grossed small specimens.
Pros
wide variety of work
Cons
pathologist
was a good place to work
Insurance Clerk and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, NCOctober 28, 2012
hospital was a good palce to work with friendly people and good benefits but is now closed
Stable place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAJune 25, 2012
I worked there for a long time and it was a good place to work. I learned a lot about surgery and working in a closed unit. I felt the managment did not take me seriously because I was not an RN even though my training was specifically focused on the Operating Room and the Perioperative process. My co-workers were very nice people to be around and we had a good working relationship. The hardest part of my job was getting any credibility and the most enjoyable part was all the experience I gained from great surgeons.
Pros
good pay and benefits. great experience.
Cons
managment was autonomous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warren General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Warren General Hospital Reviews by Location