Wartburg College Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Athletic Coach (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAJuly 26, 2018
Great place to work with an excellent staff and mentors to train you. Supervisor did not micromanage and allowed you to run your own program. Flexible hours.
Pros
Excellent staff. Excellent school.
Lots of favoritism
Student Maintenance/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAJuly 14, 2018
The actual job was not hard, cut and dried expectations. There were great supervisors and just plain mean ones. The college doesn't treat student workers very well, especially if you are a commuter.
Great Job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAMay 24, 2018
This job has been great for me. I get along great with my boss and we work together on various projects. The hours are very flexible and it can be down right fun at times. Helps if you are mechanically savvy and can use tools.
Information Desk to distribute packages and answer phone callsd
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAMay 22, 2018
This information desk was a great on campus job to have while being a student. I was able to do my homework while making a little money to help pay for school.
Awesome
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAApril 14, 2018
Great place to be since it has an upbeat environment. Everyone is all in to helping one another because they want the school and the students to be successful.
It was a lot of time away from family
JV Girls Coach/Assistant Varsity (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IA 50677March 20, 2018
It didn't work to work full time somewhere else and try to coach at Wartburg every night. My schedule was just not conducive to stay here and work. Plus, it was a lot of time away for little pay.
Nice place to work
Kitchen Helper/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAJanuary 11, 2018
Coworkers were friendly and helpful. Pleasant environment. Dish washing was tolerable for a while, left to find a different job with more hours. Good compliments and criticism.
relaxed environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAJanuary 11, 2018
The management at the Knight calling center is awesome. The manager and the leads are very friendly and make working a little more enjoyable. The shift can get tiring and you may get bored or restless.
Great Community
IT Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IADecember 29, 2017
I got my BA from Wartburg and was a student worker, so I did not necessarily have a professional career there. But where I did work with the Wartburg full -time employees, the atmosphere was great and the people were friendly. I think it's a great place to work at!
Pros
Friendly managment
Too Much Stress
Cook (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IADecember 8, 2017
Stress was definitely thick and too much. Didn't care for the backstabbing and the 2 faced ladies that work there. High school drama still in full force and the cliques only got more profound and the Vice President who is in charge doesn't want to know what is going on but wants the work done, only comes down to help when a special serve was to be had
Pros
regular breaks, paid meals, tuition reimbursement if you decided to go back to school
Cons
lack of flexibility in work schedule to go back to school
Laid back atmosphere.
Director of Cleaning and General Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAOctober 23, 2017
Going from healthcare to education was a big adjustment for both the school and myself. There is a lot of flexibility within the organization. It is a good place to work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes too much flexibility and may be a little to relaxed.
Exciting Teaching Opportunity
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAAugust 18, 2017
It was an honor to be selected as an adjunct instructor. The department chairman and staff were very helpful to my development. This was a temporary position for 1 year. I'm still grateful for this opportunity to share my applicable work experience and teaching material with both classes.
Pros
Rewarding opportunity, great part-time schedule
Cons
Some students showed no interest
Beneficial and fun experience
MA 90 Instructor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAJune 3, 2017
I would work in a class of college students on campus and aid them with their homework; on a database called Hawkes Learning System. I had a partner first semester, and worked alone for the second. I usually was alone, but the teacher in charge would come down to check-up on me here and there.
Great job for students.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAJune 1, 2017
Provided great experience with teaching and leading a group. In addition, this position allowed me to hone my physics knowledge and problem solving skills.
excellent work environment and very formal work
Info/Help Desk assistance (Former Employee) –  Waverly, Iowa, USApril 5, 2017
it was a nice experince, because i was working with all the students, especially the international students.
Pros
communicating with students
Fun, and exciting
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAJanuary 5, 2017
It is a dinning service job, which expects one to keep a smiling face towards people, be on hygienic all the time, and also be on time for work. Also it is fun and exciting working with friends who are also managers.
Pros
Friendly bosses
It's what you make it.. or even imagine it
Assistant Wrestling Coach (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAMay 14, 2016
As an assistant coach, I loved my role.I cant wait to keep learning and getting better as a coach. I was getting paid part-time by the college. I thought we deserved more for what we do with these student athletes. With individual workouts, studying opponents film, creating diet plans, and creating team workouts. We are NCAA Div 3 National champions 4 years in a row. and those guys are getting jobs right after graduation. Because our coaching staff has been doing their jobs. The wrestling team seems unappreciated there. Success has merely turned in to a habit at the Schools wrestling team. Wartburg College, Waverly, IA DIII
Pros
Great people
Cons
expensive
Productive Yet Emotionally Draining
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work starts bu clocking in and seeing where you are on the labor chart. You go about your job, clean up your work area, and wait for either more duties to do or the okay to go home. Management is mean and unwilling to work with people who have disabilities. They pick favorites and play games with those they do not like. Your co-workers are often friendly and willing to work. They are very good at answering questions when a problem arises. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with demands when it's busy and understaffed. The most enjoyable part is the short shifts.
Pros
Easy, free-flowing scheduling
Cons
Excepted to do more when others don't show up
Great learning experience
Accounting Intern- The W (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAJanuary 1, 2016
Great opportunity to get introductory experience.You learn a lot by actually doing the required tasks.A perfect place for anyone looking for a starting place..
Fun to help beginning students
Design Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IADecember 28, 2015
Typical day consists of teaching first-year graphic design students with software tutorials, printing, editing, while offering senior project guidance and installing programs, scan slides, and provide troubleshooting in the lab for the instructors within the design department