Wartburg Employee Reviews

Beware
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMarch 16, 2018
The salary may be enticing, but you will absolutley work for every dime and then some. In my experience, you’ll rarely have the opportunity to take your unpaid lunch breaks nor will you leave on time(EVER).. and there is no such thing as “overtime” with this company. Management is poor, and only care about the bottom line- not so much the patients. Don’t expect to have a voice or opinion because the “higher ups” do all of that here, regardless if you’re the one working directly with the patient or not. Sad situation, and the patients suffer most. Spend half your day in meetings and then work well into the evening trying to catch up, with no acknowledgement from management who stroll out the door at 4:00. Balancing work and family was impossible here. Be ready to go home exhausted.
Pros
Mostly good co-workers, beautiful campus
Cons
Management, Hours, no overtime, no appreciation for hard work
Collaberative Work Environment
Chaplain Intern (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYFebruary 20, 2018
The Wartburg is a great place to work. The managers are on top of things and the population is delightful. I would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
Great environment/people
Cons
Can be crowded
Be on your guards
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYFebruary 1, 2018
They smile in your face but trust no one. This organization is very cut throat and bias. Be guarded always. Not all employees but most in leadership roles.
Good Company
HHA (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJanuary 9, 2018
I Just Started With This Company I Work On Campus In The Assisted Living Home i LOVE That The Staff Assists You If You Need Help With The Patients I Work The Morning Shift Cause I Work In The Afternoon Somewhere Else & Everyone Is So Friendly
Pros
Helps Fit Your Schedule Gives Supply’s Needed
Current employee at Wartburg
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, NYDecember 15, 2017
Wartburg is a special place to work. The 34-acre campus is beautiful, the staff is compassionate and caring, senior management is dedicated and committed to mission and the residents are a joy. I am especially proud of the Creative Aging & Lifelong Learning program that uses arts-based therapy to provide stimulation to their residents. At Wartburg, they care for the entire person-body, mind and spirit.
Pros
Beautiful campus, collaborative team
Cons
No option for telecommuting
stressful place with long hours
Per Diem to full time Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYOctober 24, 2017
Don't have much good to say. The union is very limited in what they can do, long hours but no overtime pay, Management is just focused on saving money. They try to treat the residents well but don;t provide the resources you need.
Great Company
Financial Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 9, 2017
The Finance Department has great leadership. The staff is wonderful group of professionals. The Executive Cabinet Staff are completely supportive and resourceful.
Pleasure to work at the Wartburg!
Pros
supportive leadership
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Wartburg place my Vernon ny 10552July 26, 2016
My review at the Wartburg was excellent I also learned a lot there but I had to quit there due to family matters.One thing that I like also you always get a lot of in service to teach you how to be a better cna
Misleading Employer
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJuly 10, 2016
They advertised this job as per diem to get people in the door, then they tell you they have TWO FULL TIME TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANTS and they would only need you if one of them called out?! So it's basically an on call position!!!!! Be up front in describing what your actually looking for and stop wasting people's time!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Misleading
exercise classes with seniors
Chair Fitness for Seniors (Former Employee) –  mt. Vernon, NYMay 24, 2016
Excellent! The staff, residents are amazing. The grounds are very well kept. The amenities and services provided are above and beyond.
love
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJanuary 25, 2016
this is a job where your treated like a family. they make they staff feel very welcome but most of all appricate them. everything about wartburg is really amazing.
Interning
Personal Trainer/ Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAApril 12, 2015
I was a student at this point and i was able to help with several different things. They had many tasks for me to do and classes for me to shadow. With the linking to the college i was able to continue my experience in a educational way with my professors being the people leading the fitness classes i shadowed. It was a great internship that helped me learn what i did and did not like in the fitness industry.
Pros
Great management, understaning
Cons
None.