Washington Athletic Club Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Hotel Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 19, 2018
Performing a routine support to customers was very exciting. My experience working with teammates across departments was a success and rewarding. Everyone supported each other for the common goals of each day. Coming to work everyday and providing excellence to internal and external customers was something I enjoyed doing during my service there.
Great company to work for
Yoga Instsructor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 11, 2017
Great company to work for. The company has wonderful equipment for clients. Opportunity for growth. Mangement is great. wages are fair. fun environment, great culture.
Pros
fun culture
Cons
lack of hours
Pros and Cons
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 31, 2017
Do you want a job that you enjoy with a relaxed work environment but lower wages? Then the WAC is for you. While I enjoy working at the WAC the cost of living in Seattle has gone way up, but unfortunately workers compensation has not.
Pros
Good Benefits, Free Lunch, Great People
Cons
Low wages, No Parking
Workplace culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2017
The WAC is a private nonprofit city athletic club committed to enriching the lives of our members. Access to the Club and Club Events is available exclusively to WAC members and their personal guests unless otherwise noted.
two of the best years of my life working here
Line Cook, Grab and Go (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2017
I started at the WAC 2014. from the first day really great energy. positive environment. As a cook coming from other kitchens. it was nice to see all.
Pros
Health coverage dental vision all really great
Cons
being a cook not much time for a real lunch
Research Assistant
Intern, Athletic Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2017
I really enjoyed for the Washington Athletic Club. I learned how to make schedules, coordinate athletic events, network with members, public speak, among other aspects.

The management was very supportive, encouraged me to be creative, and gave me multiple opportunities to perform tasks that were applicable.

The workplace environment was excellent with a fun and friendly staff. We often ate lunch together
Pros
Valuable research experience, college credit, paid internship
excellent employer
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 8, 2016
Private membership club with 130 room hotel on site. High quality guest service provided consistently. Multi-tasking essential in a busy fluid work environment. Everyday is an opportunity to meet new people and have a positive impact on their day.
Good place to start out
Graphic Designer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 1, 2016
Nice teams that work together to get everything done in a last minute atmosphere. Small marketing team, but larger for an in-house team. We produce a bi-monthly 70+-page magazine that is the biggest and most consistent project that we work on.
Pros
lunch provided
Productive and a great place to work.
Valet (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2016
Working at the Washington Athletic Club is great. All of the management and team members are friendly and professional. The cohesiveness of the different departments yields a great work culture.
A lot of history
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2015
Great team, who are a lot of fun to work with and are willing to always help each other out when an issue arises. They do a great job of acknowledging people for their work and effort.
Pros
Great Team, Supportive
Cons
Small company not a lot of room for advancement
wonderful place!
cook, saucier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 18, 2014
I cant say enough about the WAC! They actually care about their employees and it show with how they compensate you. It was never too stressful but at the same time my job fulfilled me at the end of the day
Manager of Men's Fitness and Sport Shop (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2014
Review previous day billing make corrections
Review and edit time and attendance
Check departments for physical appearance
Turn in work orders for repairs
Assist and manage staff
Counsel and train staff
Attend meetings
at the start was a great place to learn and grow
Lead line cook (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2014
when the economy went south it just seemed that all the great people i worked with moved on and had a hard time haven fun at work
good benefits and good salary
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 13, 2014
i was just stuck on one place i wanted to grow,else it was a good place to work at
A reasonable work environment with a lot of nice people.
Office Clerk / Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WashingtonJanuary 23, 2014
I deliver mail and work in the receiving department. I walk between 6 and 7 miles a day. The best part of my job is talking with the people I provide service for as I provide that service.
The hardest part of my job is working in the receiving department. The people in receiving are really great people but this portion of the job is too physical for me / a lot of lifting, pulling, pushing etc.
I have learned a lot about the packaging and paper work requirements for different types of mail: i.e. international mail and registered mail.
Because our company is so diverse in its ethnicity, I have had the opportunity to learn how people from places other than the US view work and express their work ethic.
Pros
Free Lunch, A diverse group of people
Cons
Aside from management, most of the jobs involve a lot of physical labor
Refrigeration
OPERATING ENGINEER AND HVAC/R TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  SEATTLE WASHINGTONDecember 7, 2013
Alway moving around; wether it is to clean, organize, or repair equiptment. Self motivated at all time. %110
Pros
Work by myself
Cons
Always answering calls
Strong Culture
AM Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2013
The Washington Athletic Club is an old Seattle institution that has a strong traditional culture. For the most part, everything is good. There really isn't anything anyone can complain about. The pay was great, averaged about 38-40 hrs a week. I was the opener for 5 of the 7 days and it required me to be there early and open the kitchen unsupervised. The next morning cook did not come for another hour. I would set up the line mainly for breakfast but keeping in mind the things I would need for the lunch menu. As the day goes on, during down time, any prep for lunch or the next day would get done during that time. Management overall were individuals of strong character. They took care of my well being as well as made sure to discipline me if I was out of line. I learned a lot about time management from them. I also learned that the kitchen is always a team effort. If I need help, be sure to ask for it before its too late. The hardest part about my job was the platonic relationship with my co-workers. I considered them both my co-workers as well as my peers and when my peers were not holding up their end of the work, it was difficult to tell or get them back to working. I would say I enjoyed the unionized working environment. It gave me a sense of security. As long as I was a good worker, they would make sure I was not taken advantage of.
Wac
JANITORIAL (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2013
There was wonderful people work over there. I learned a janitorial experience at wac. I enjoyed to work with those people at wac.