Washington Elementary School District #6 Employee Reviews

Good fun workplace
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2018
Start daily 7 a.m. - !:30 p.m. Fast paced lifting pulling walking. Work place is diverse with lots of nice people. Manager is awesome she works with everyone. T
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
off summers
Supportive and student focused
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2018
In my experience, WESD is the most supportive and student focused school district for which I have worked. Teachers work collaboratively to ensure student success.
Good overall
Library Media Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I enjoy my job. I do various things in the library, office, and classrooms. I believe in our school and we are a great team. I just wish that I had more pay.
School Bus Driver
Routing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
A career that requires patients and the ability to work on your own. Can be stressful at times. Good job to have if you are a mother with children in school. Paid holiday's same as your children get.
Pros
Medical and Dental Benifits
Cons
Long hours in a day especially if you have to work in the office and drive a school bus
Great school district
Office Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2017
I love working here, it is a very easy going job and the job environment is great. All employees work together to accomplish things that revolve around the students and other employees
Phenomenal company to work for
Special Education Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2017
A school district that truly cares about the wellbeing of its students and its employees. Have worked in many different departments for many different reasons. Was always happy.
Just not worth it
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Pheonix, AzFebruary 24, 2017
Just not the greatest company to work for. They also don't work with people who want to go back to school. If it was not for the drivers to get the kids there then they would have kids to teach. The pay is not worth keeping the CDL license or endorsements you are required to have. Nepotism is bad here.
Pros
The children
Cons
Upper management, no respect, care more for teachers than bus drivers
team work, good relation ship
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2016
We are always working as a team, we learned different things from each other, you need to be alert for any child, watching them carefully.
Pros
working as a team, good communication.
Cons
low payment
Enjoyed working with the variety of students through the years. Gained many valueable skills under the direction of each principal.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2016
Was trained in lesson planning and standards breakdown. Was supported in my efforts to work with the parents in establishing a family friendly environment on campus.
Pros
friendly easy to work with staff
Cons
communication was sometimes not clear
Fast paced
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2016
Typical day was to inspect the bus before and after running my route. Fill out paperwork for mileage, student counts and repairs that may need to be done to the bus.
I learned to drive multiple styles of buses and multiple lengths, the longest being 40feet. I learned how to handle the bus as well as students that were riding the bus.Management was great, that always helped when there was a problem, or issue on the buses. Co-workers were a lot of fun to be around. We would get to know each other more while on Field trips.
Hardest part of the job was probably saying good bye to kids that you grew attached to over the years. Most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know kids and their parents.
Pros
On the job training, ability to be myself, management.
Cons
Saying goodbye to great kids