Washington Hospital Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bias, clicks and backstabbing.. The union sucks and the outside contracted management is the worst i've ever seen.
Project Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 12, 2018
Once was a great place to work or so I thought. But it does not take long to see your worth.. The slackers are rewarded while if you are in the minority you have to watch your back daily.
Pros
It's a job !!! You work inside 99% of the time while few choose to work outside. That's all
Cons
You walk on eggshells everyday, can't trust anyone !
Wonderful hospital
Administrative Clerk/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 8, 2018
This was my favorite hospital that I've worked at. It's very comfortable and has great teamwork. They have gotten rid of the poor management and I believe that the hospital is even better than it was when I was an employee.
Pros
Comefortable environment
Cons
I love my job. I wish it was closer to my home.
Medicare Biller (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 30, 2018
There are several tasks that need completed on any given day. Your routine is your own. Mgmnt allows you to figure out what works out best for you to work effectively and efficiently to complete everything timely. They're respectful and easy to approach. I've learned an exceptional amount of knowledge in Medicare guidelines & the process of billing facility UB-92's.
Pros
Early shift, lunch options (time), plenty of parking, holiday perks
Cons
If you're one that requires constant assistance, this place requires working independently
This was long ago
Staffing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 12, 2018
This was long ago and work was very busy. High stress and not accommodating. But pay was alright for the job. I dont know what else to say to describe.
Competitive benefits
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 4, 2018
WHHS is a great employer. Great benefits, ratios, and awesome co-workers. Super competitive and matched to other positions in the bay. You can't go wrong working here. Just hope they go to 12 hour shifts.
Pros
competitive benefits/pay
Cons
bad work life/personal life balance with 8 hour shifts
Flexible hours
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 27, 2018
The manager of the department is very accommodating to each employees' requests. Workflow can be chaotic specially during turnovers, but it gets smooth once all trays are done.
Hospital stays up to date on methodology and policies.
Medical Technologist-Generalist (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJune 24, 2018
I am currently working for this company and find it very rewarding. The clinical team are very professional and highly driven in order to maintain the very best patient care.
Pros
Excellent growth opportunities and benefits
Cons
more opportunities for continuing training and education
A great place to learn
EMERGENCY ROOM UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 21, 2018
I was able to learn a lot of job duties with on the spot training. The support staff was very easy to work with and was very eager to help. My department manager was excellent in providing extra support in the most challenging times in the Emergency Room. What I loved about this job was it was as fast paced. There was never a dull moment. The most difficult and challenging times were accommodating multiple nurse and physicians requests at the same time.
Fun workplace. Co workers are great to work with.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 30, 2018
Overall a good place to work at because of the people that works along side me. Staffs are very helpful aNd welcoming. It is difficult to obtain or get an ed day approved and we rarely have meetings that involves all the staff. Huddle is done once a week but that’s about it.
Pros
Great co workers and nurse manager
Cons
Rarely get approved for ED days
enjoy volunteering with the faculty members of Washington Hospital.
Lobby Attendant volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 21, 2018
Sit at the front lobby desk of the main hospital. Help guide visitors around the hospital, and answer any questions regarding guidance around the hospital. We discharge patients from the hospital, and also deliver documents to different facilities within the hospital.
this is a requirement to advance in this interface
Certified Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 26, 2018
This review is required, I worked there so long ago I have nothing relevant to offer. Nothing outstanding in memory except to have been grateful for employment.
Working at Washingtin Hospital is a great expericience of tesm work and
CErtified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont CaliforniaMarch 9, 2018
I work at Washington Hospital for 20 years all those years were wonderful. I worked in all aread Medical Surgical Pediatrics Labor and Delivery Institute for Joint Replacement ED transport.
I learn team work and active listening to comunicate with patients and families I am always provide with education workshops to improve and also with Health Fairs where I learn how to take care of my health and my family.
Employees are praised with the employee of the Year Award also when is High Census we are provide with meals excellent overtime pay I always ha

ve beeb treated with respect by all my managers trough the years and Iwhen I request vacations or time off they were accepted
When I started working in Intensive Care itvwas different then other units its face paced energetic. Tge nurses are excellent I see really incredible improvement of patients with the dedication of the Intensivist, RNs , RT, working together its really admirable.When there is a emergency allbthe team help the team help the RN in the case. Many times I witness miracles in the hands of all the team.
The patients and the families in many of these cases came back to thank the nurses and the drs after their incredible recovery and their is hugs and emotions I really admire the dedication all the ICU team and I am proud to be a minimal part of it.
In resume my experience wotking at Whasington is excellent I am very happy to be Working there and I show it with my dispositon and behavior towards my coworkers and the patients and families I work with
Pros
Provided advances in education and many carrer oprtunities
Great
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Med-Surg FloorFebruary 28, 2018
The Washington Health System is a great place to work. The care partners and the nurses work well as a team. There are many opportunities to learn and expand. They are great with educational experiences.
Fun place to work
Ambulatory ATE Consultant - EPIC Project (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 3, 2018
This was a contract Assignment. The atmosphere was great and the staff here were friendly.typical day was very relaxed and work flow was great.because it was a contract job I can only express my views as at my stay here.
Washington Hospital is relaxed with a calming environment.
Volunteer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day at work, I would check in to the gift shop and help patients or visitors of the hospital with their needs or questions. Furthermore, I would play their baby grand piano in their lobby as a form of musical therapy during my shifts.
Very nice place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant/ER Tech. Job (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 14, 2018
I love this hospital because the unit I work in is very nice and fast paced. There's also many people who are always willing to help you when you need it.
cafe
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 15, 2017
I feel very good working at Washington Hospital as a CNA. They have very good management,all worker are very friendly,and polite and helpful, I don't feel any presser during working hour,it is very nice
environment to work.
Fast pace fun place to work
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 14, 2017
Put your running shoes on here, the ER is very busy one. However organized and team players. I would work for them again. I was perdiem employee and they expected a lot with not much to offer back.
Pros
good people
Cons
not much to offer back to your dedication
Had a very enjoyable time working with the hospital.
Medical Records Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 6, 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits and good job stability
The IS team is an awesome team. We collaborate and focus on improving the organization and provide care for our patients.
Fast pace, rewarding work environment.
Good environment. nice electronic health records, easy to work with patients and staff. Good Nursing staff
Washington Hospital is a very good hospital. The hospital has is famous for being one of the best cardiac center in the bay area. The joint replacement center is very good and affordable.
Pros
The management is very organized
Cons
Very far from my home
Terrible Management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 6, 2017
No sense of fairness or loyalty with senior executive staff. Can be dismissed for any reason concocted by management. Wonderful staff generally taken advantage of by predatory management.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Shark tank