Washington Hospital Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Most co-workers were nice working with
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2018
Would not recommend working here. Very poor management, schedule changing almost on a daily basis, can be a very hostile environment at times. Always working short staffed, pressured to work over time.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Management, scheduling, favoritism
Competitive benefits
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 4, 2018
WHHS is a great employer. Great benefits, ratios, and awesome co-workers. Super competitive and matched to other positions in the bay. You can't go wrong working here. Just hope they go to 12 hour shifts.
Pros
competitive benefits/pay
Cons
bad work life/personal life balance with 8 hour shifts
Hospital stays up to date on methodology and policies.
Medical Technologist-Generalist (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJune 24, 2018
I am currently working for this company and find it very rewarding. The clinical team are very professional and highly driven in order to maintain the very best patient care.
Pros
Excellent growth opportunities and benefits
Cons
more opportunities for continuing training and education
Had a very enjoyable time working with the hospital.
Medical Records Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 6, 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits and good job stability
The IS team is an awesome team. We collaborate and focus on improving the organization and provide care for our patients.
Fast pace, rewarding work environment.
Good environment. nice electronic health records, easy to work with patients and staff. Good Nursing staff
Washington Hospital is a very good hospital. The hospital has is famous for being one of the best cardiac center in the bay area. The joint replacement center is very good and affordable.
Pros
The management is very organized
Cons
Very far from my home
RT dept rocks! Intensivists are the best!
Lead/resource RT (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 5, 2018
Respiratory dept has had ups and downs with management, but finally have a director that's strong, knowledgeable and steadfast. We've seen much progress in the last two years. Our ICU intensivists are absolutely "rock stars!" They work well with RT and it's truly a team effort.
Pros
teamwork, camaraderie, ethics, professionalism
Cons
pay
lack of respect, poor management
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Washington, PADecember 7, 2018
Stressful indeed. No one to cover shifts, left with a patient to aid ratio that is outrageous to say the least. More times then not short staffed. Movement from your typical work space to others is outrageous.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of or poor management
Excellent place to work but was only per diem
Staffing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 31, 2018
Excellent place magnet status hospital very organized and operated off a Matrix for staffing. The CNE at the time was the BEST interacted new her role and acted like a CNE should.
Pros
Great management
Cons
couldn't get a FT position
Stressful but good teamwork
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 16, 2018
This is really my only nursing job so I don’t have much to compare it to but it was a good team dynamic and supportive on the floor but lacked the availability to advance yourself in my career path.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Hard to advance
Working at Washingtin Hospital is a great expericience of tesm work and
CErtified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont CaliforniaMarch 9, 2018
I work at Washington Hospital for 20 years all those years were wonderful. I worked in all aread Medical Surgical Pediatrics Labor and Delivery Institute for Joint Replacement ED transport.
I learn team work and active listening to comunicate with patients and families I am always provide with education workshops to improve and also with Health Fairs where I learn how to take care of my health and my family.
Employees are praised with the employee of the Year Award also when is High Census we are provide with meals excellent overtime pay I always ha

ve beeb treated with respect by all my managers trough the years and Iwhen I request vacations or time off they were accepted
When I started working in Intensive Care itvwas different then other units its face paced energetic. Tge nurses are excellent I see really incredible improvement of patients with the dedication of the Intensivist, RNs , RT, working together its really admirable.When there is a emergency allbthe team help the team help the RN in the case. Many times I witness miracles in the hands of all the team.
The patients and the families in many of these cases came back to thank the nurses and the drs after their incredible recovery and their is hugs and emotions I really admire the dedication all the ICU team and I am proud to be a minimal part of it.
In resume my experience wotking at Whasington is excellent I am very happy to be Working there and I show it with my dispositon and behavior towards my coworkers and the patients and families I work with
Pros
Provided advances in education and many carrer oprtunities
Cons
I love my job. I wish it was closer to my home.
Medicare Biller (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 30, 2018
There are several tasks that need completed on any given day. Your routine is your own. Mgmnt allows you to figure out what works out best for you to work effectively and efficiently to complete everything timely. They're respectful and easy to approach. I've learned an exceptional amount of knowledge in Medicare guidelines & the process of billing facility UB-92's.
Pros
Early shift, lunch options (time), plenty of parking, holiday perks
Cons
If you're one that requires constant assistance, this place requires working independently
Great work environment
CARE PARTNER (Former Employee) –  ortho neuro unitSeptember 28, 2018
great management, great learning experiences. early rise and can stay later than scheduled. high intensity and long tiring days. really teaches you how to be patient
Wonderful hospital
Administrative Clerk/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 8, 2018
This was my favorite hospital that I've worked at. It's very comfortable and has great teamwork. They have gotten rid of the poor management and I believe that the hospital is even better than it was when I was an employee.
Pros
Comefortable environment
Cons
Bias, clicks and backstabbing.. The union sucks and the outside contracted management is the worst i've ever seen.
Project Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 12, 2018
Once was a great place to work or so I thought. But it does not take long to see your worth.. The slackers are rewarded while if you are in the minority you have to watch your back daily.
Pros
It's a job !!! You work inside 99% of the time while few choose to work outside. That's all
Cons
You walk on eggshells everyday, can't trust anyone !
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department, Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 18, 2018
Although nurses are made to wear white uniforms, the skill of those who work at WHHS is unparalleled. The teamwork to provide a patient-first care ethic is amazing and humbling. Patients receive great care and employees are happier here than at most bay area hospitals.
fast interesting place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 27, 2017
Great environment Culture
People were friendly and courteous.
great pay, benefits, and bonuses
Able to work remotely
Daily tasks included
Calendar management
scheduling and managed doctors nurses, social workers, chaplains, visitors work schedules
track and manage employee hours, and vacations
logististics for all internal and external meetings.
catering,
managed all webinars, meetings, and telecom
Pros
flexibility
Terrible Management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 6, 2017
No sense of fairness or loyalty with senior executive staff. Can be dismissed for any reason concocted by management. Wonderful staff generally taken advantage of by predatory management.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Shark tank
A great place to learn
EMERGENCY ROOM UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 21, 2018
I was able to learn a lot of job duties with on the spot training. The support staff was very easy to work with and was very eager to help. My department manager was excellent in providing extra support in the most challenging times in the Emergency Room. What I loved about this job was it was as fast paced. There was never a dull moment. The most difficult and challenging times were accommodating multiple nurse and physicians requests at the same time.
Great Teamwork
Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 10, 2018
Great team players. I was new to the company and my co-workers were very patient and kind to me. My on boarding process was a huge mess but I did manage.
Great learning experience
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 26, 2012
I terminally cleaned, decontaminated and sterilized all equipment and instruments throughout the hospital. I also distributed supplies to the operating room and throughout the hospital. The management here was by far the best I have ever been around. The management and the co-workers allowed me to learn all the basic fundamentals of working in a hospital. The hardest thing about working in the hospital was working evenings, weekends and holidays. The best part of working here is making a difference and helping people who are sick or who need help.
Pros
very good benefits
This was long ago
Staffing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 12, 2018
This was long ago and work was very busy. High stress and not accommodating. But pay was alright for the job. I dont know what else to say to describe.