Washington Hospital Employee Reviews

productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 5, 2018
a typical day at work we stay busy
i learned how to be more comfortable with vital signs
management was great
the hardest part of the job was to get everyone in and out of the office on our busy's days
Pros
dissccont on lunch
Great
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Med-Surg FloorFebruary 28, 2018
The Washington Health System is a great place to work. The care partners and the nurses work well as a team. There are many opportunities to learn and expand. They are great with educational experiences.
Washington Hospital is relaxed with a calming environment.
Volunteer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day at work, I would check in to the gift shop and help patients or visitors of the hospital with their needs or questions. Furthermore, I would play their baby grand piano in their lobby as a form of musical therapy during my shifts.
Very nice place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant/ER Tech. Job (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 14, 2018
I love this hospital because the unit I work in is very nice and fast paced. There's also many people who are always willing to help you when you need it.
Very fast paced working with large diversified group of technologists
Medical Technologist-Generalist (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJanuary 3, 2018
Washington Hospital is a facility that handles many outreach facilities as well as a large inpatient population allowing the laboratory to function in the black. The laboratory is large,quick paces and I still work there utilizing my skills in all areas of the clinical lab.
Pros
Commensurate with experience
Cons
schedule
Poor Management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 29, 2017
Not enough employees so work is overloaded and very stressful. Management does not know or enforce the rules because they are outside company. They do not listen or care about there employees
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Workload, poor management
cafe
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 15, 2017
I feel very good working at Washington Hospital as a CNA. They have very good management,all worker are very friendly,and polite and helpful, I don't feel any presser during working hour,it is very nice
environment to work.
Fast pace fun place to work
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 14, 2017
Put your running shoes on here, the ER is very busy one. However organized and team players. I would work for them again. I was perdiem employee and they expected a lot with not much to offer back.
Pros
good people
Cons
not much to offer back to your dedication
Had a very enjoyable time working with the hospital.
Medical Records Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 6, 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits and good job stability
Fast pace, rewarding work environment.
Washington Hospital is a very good hospital. The hospital has is famous for being one of the best cardiac center in the bay area. The joint replacement center is very good and affordable.
Pros
The management is very organized
Cons
Very far from my home
quick work
Communication Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 23, 2017
I like you can move around, the training here is easy for those who are willing to learn. after a year of working you are able to take classes and they will pay
benefits
Cons
pay
Billing
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 17, 2017
Self-Direct position includes all aspect of billing and account reconciliation. Verification of payments and adjustment to ensure proper reimbursements. Tracing unpaid claims and resolving issues with insurance companies. Filing appeals and grievances as needed, as well as reviewing accounts for contract compliance. Setting up payment arrangements and consolidate private accounts. Float to different departments as needed. Answering multi-phone lines, filing, data entry, scanning and distributing mail. Other specific clerical duties, projects assigned by manager. Dedicated, reliable, detailed oriented hard-working, self-starter and a team player.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Floater position
phlebotomist
Phlebotomist/ Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 6, 2017
Long hours - lots of overtime available. High quality of care. New technology. Positive energy. Great team of people to work with. Lack of notice in scheduling and a regularly changing schedule. Were expected to check schedule daily as it may have changed.
I do not want to give a review
Travel Nurse- Eden Sutter Health (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 3, 2017
staff is great. since i work per diem at whhs; my hours is not guaranteed. low census thus i get called off a lot. no paid time off or insurance as all other hospital is if you are per diem.
Nice Hospital to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  EndocrinologySeptember 28, 2017
Greeting Patient's accepting co-payments, verified insurance, schedule appointments, submit subscription and prepared medical record charts for Patient's.
Pros
Protect Patient's rights.
Cons
Disgard Patient's Information.
High Standard of care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 9, 2017
There is an expectation that the patients are taken care of with respect and dignity. I enjoyed working with the staff, and the management cares about the employees.
Washington Hospital
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 30, 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits and good job stability. The IS team is an awesome team. We collaborate and focus on improving the organization and provide care for our patients.
The nurse units have embraced IS as a critical part of their day to day operations.
Pros
Health benefits and pension
Cons
Fast pace
I was pleased, with the Summary.
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2017
I was pleased with the different roles, that I had to play, during the time that I was employed at Washington Hospital Center. I hope to return to WHC, and continue my career, until I retire.
I have medical staff prevelages at washington hospital
MD (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 14, 2017
I have medical staff prevelages at washington hospital, I admit my patients over there when needing inpatient care.
Good environment. nice electronic health records, easy to work with patients and staff. Good Nursing staff.
Pros
Very close to my office
Rewarding experience
Nursing Assistant/Light Duty Correspondence Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 3, 2017
Fast pace, rewarding work environment. Caring for others has to be in your blood to work at The Washington Hospital. Had a very enjoyable time working with the hospital.
Cons
short staffed
very large hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 2, 2017
I was a floater at this very large hospital. It was difficult at first to navigate around, but after about a month you get the hang of everything and what elevators to take. LOL