Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority

Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Employee Reviews

it a job
Utility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2018
everyone deserves a good place to work. a typical day is face paced and a bit stressful. you are allowed adequate time to do you job on a good day. sometimes things can get rocky.
Real communication breakdown from Top Management to the bottom worker
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Most of the time throughout the system upper management does not police the middle and lower management for disseminating important service bulletins or changes that will affect workers and customers.
productive and talented group
Business Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  GreSeptember 11, 2018
Was able to implement programs, and use skills. Continual changes in organization. Good people, challenging work and learning that made difference. Would like to work again for this organizations. Worked in Quality Assurance and Warranty, now QICO. Open to working with other departments.
Cover your own butt
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2018
Work is very slow but can can get a lot done if you are in school, management is strict on punishment ,not much work incentive or positive recognition, seniority based, rare to no weekends off so family or social life is difficult to maintain.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
mangement, no weekends, depressing
Fun work place
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2018
Besides Honeywell this is one of the best jobs I ever had good money good benifits good retirement and best manegment I ever works for they care of there employees you can move up in this company I was there less than a year I was making 22 dollars a hour love it
Pros
Good money good benifits good mangement
Cons
Working different shifts
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) has diverse components that allow for career advancement.
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDAugust 29, 2018
From an employment point of view, WMATA has many departments, job functions and levels that allow for career advancement. The company also provides for career training which includes tuition reimbursement, in-house classes and courses and certification modules.

The environment and atmosphere is professional, safety sensitive and customer service oriented.
Pros
Great employees (co-workers, managers).
Cons
Difficult employees (co-workers, managers). Combative patrons.
Fast Paced
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2018
Very fast paced, must have one common goal, very busy(always have something to do) must know how to think outside the box. Must have great customer service skills with such a huge company.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Facilities Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2018
WMATA is a great place to work with excellent benefits.
There's room to grow.
I was constantly learning.
I received proper training on Microsoft Office products.
I highly recommend employment with WMATA.
Busy work environment
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 21, 2018
Always plenty to do in WMATA
Learn new technology
Work under very peasant management
Multi-cultural environment
Had the most enjoyable work place with them
Before coming to WMATA I hoped to retire from a company that cared about their employees.
Metrobus Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20001July 21, 2018
Make sure to join the union. Go to as many union members as possible and work safe. You can only fire yourself. Take advantage of the benefits that are offered at the time
metro pays the bills and thats all
Bus Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDJuly 17, 2018
good job to pay the bills , very stressful atmosphere, typical day consist of working to help with the next day fleet. I would like to say the benefits are nice but the rate the general manager is going, in the next year or so you wouldn't be eligible for any benefits. (retirement,401k,&pentions)
n/a
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 3, 2018
A typical day consisted of the employees either being given assignments to fix either hvac, mechanical or electrical problems with the railcars, moving trains in and out of the shop or clean-up the shop. During the course of 7 years I learned how to use hand, electrical, and pneumatic tools extensively. Management is decent to poor in most cases. The best part about the job is the people you work with. Management is what hurts the experience.
Job
Revenue Processing Tech II (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 28, 2018
It is ok
Good people
Good hours
No stress
I don't understand why I have to answer this question if I don't want to.
I don't have any more to say about this company please stop asking me
Productive and great place to work
General Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 27, 2018
Not much advancement opportunities
Hours are based off of seniority which makes it hard sometimes
Great benefits and salary
Union based
Great policies
Cons
Not much advancement opportunities, Hours
n/a
Specialist, FMLA (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 26, 2018
This job does not allow for a work life balance; in addition the information that you are provided during your interview or at the time of hire about the job and the atmosphere of the organization are not accurate.
Learned alot with WMATA
Sr. Purchasing Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 26, 2018
I learned a lot within WMATA as I moved within a variety of positions. I enjoyed my work and the individuals that I worked with most of the time. The hardest part of the job was being involved with an administrative union which didn't benefit the Authority.
Great Company
Bus Planning and Operations (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2018
The company pays greatly. You could really maintain a living working there. The environment is fast paced and that's what drives the work there. Great company.
Working for the Authority
Train Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2018
Life as a Train Operator was very rewarding. I loved my job. I loved interacting with the customers and my co-workers. Management, depending who the individual was, was ok. This would be the perfect career if the company had people friendly, morally and ethically trained Managers. Outside of the management, the Authority is a beautiful place to work, raise your family and retire. I enjoyed interacting with my customers, helping the public, chit chating with my co workers.
Pros
interacting with the public, great benefits, and excellent pay
Cons
poor management, no moral, clique-like behaviors and favoritism
It is a nice place to work
Diversity & Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 3, 2018
It is a nice place to work. A few years ago it was chosen as one of the best places to work in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. There are chances for upward mobility.
Worst Company I ever worked for.
Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 30, 2018
I came in early every day and clocked in on time every day and was fired for not clocking in 10-15 minutes earlier by which i was not even told that i had to. I was thankful to have the job because it afforded my family better opportunities which had me coming in 20-15 minutes early every day. The benefits were great and needed for my family and yet they basically took some sort of issue with me and decided to let me go without reason and because of poor agreements with the union i was let go without even being allowed the opportunity to fight for myself. basically they are hiring people for dream jobs and letting them go for personal reasons. Do not come in as a storeroom clerk like i did every other position that is available will better suit you if you expect to be there a while. the management in this area is horrible and the pay is not worth the mess you have to put up with.
Pros
coworkers, hours, pay, benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Reviews by Location