Washington Nationals Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

A good job to start off with
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2019
If you need a good starting job, second job, or if you're a retiree it is the place you. The managers are nice as long as you do your job. My job isn't really hard but it can become tedious at times as well. I never had any problems with the customers because they mostly have simple needs.
Most beneficial job I've ever had!
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  District of ColumbiaJuly 5, 2019
Working for the Nationals provided my first corporate sector opportunity. It was immense learning curve which grew my knowledge of business very quickly. The management their was perfect they seemed to position me in situations which required critical thinking and a solution oriented mindset. The hardest part of the job wasn't the job at all, it was getting to work on time navigating through the capitol traffic if driving or fighting my way through the congestion on the train. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with individuals across all sectors of business.
their some trash
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2019
management was some trash you could never get what you need when when you need it such as key card to the register if and when needed another clock in card if you lose or misplace it .communication is also trash they will have you emailing calling or waiting in the office just to see or talk to some one they pay good but other then that they just some trash
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything
Nice place to work however the salary didnt go with the job duties.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2019
Enjoyed working there for the time, guest services was better than working the security. You were always doing different jobs, alarms always went off for no reason.
Pros
Free food at times, always received free gifts from the nationals.
Cons
Every evening it was a meeting that was useless, took 2 hours to walk the stadium to check all doors and levels after the game. Too much walking.
Fun Workplace
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2019
The workplace was fun and exciting. I learned a lot about inventory management. Management was really productive and influential. the hardest part of the job was organizing merchandise. on the other hand, the best part of the job was meeting the players and enjoying the customers while watching the game.
fun for the kids
Summer Youth Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2018
the neighborhood its in is F****her than that i love the staff that works with the kids other than that i mean heyyy ! i hate baseball ! gives my child something to do !
Fun place to work.
Guest Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 8, 2018
In a typical day we greet customers, check ticket and keep and I out for any problems with the guests or park. We were able to watch the game while we worked. The staff were all great.
Pros
One free meal everytime you worked
Cons
You are outside, rain or shine until the game ends or gets canceled.
Nice to get out and meet new people
Guest Experience (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2018
Nice short hours and teaching me to deal with the fans in a respectable why. The organizers are always there to let you know what is going to happen on any given day to keep us happy in the workplace. the hardest part of the job is working through rain delays. The enjoyable part of the job is when the team wins.
Pros
Free lunches, watching the ball game, meeting new fans.
Cons
Working in the rain
Fun, exciting, fast paced, adventurist keeps you on your feet
Guest Experience Representative/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2018
I loved my job was sad to let it go. The staff was great the fans were crazy but the experience was awesome. If I could go back to work I would. The overall experience was great. You got comp tickets to select games, giveaways, free concerts and the locations was on point for me at the time because I lived in walking distance.
Pros
Fun Fun Fun free games
Cons
heat
Fast paced work
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 10, 2018
Quality Service is a plus making sure the quest get great speedy service. Ok work if you can stand it. I learned that I will not let a guest down. So many people there don't do any work
Pros
Cons
Hot
Fun and family oriented workplace
Guest Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2018
•a typical day would be to check each and every suite before guests arrive. Then proceed to greet guests as they arrive and give them access to aforementioned suite with suite key.
•I learned this is a friendly environment where you will make a few unexpected friends along the way.
•exceptional management
•very cultured and diverse
•the hardest part of the job would have been making sure everyone is satisfied, including children.
•the most enjoyable part would have to be the environment.
Pros
Free lunches, free beverages, healthcare, dental
Cons
Weather conditions
This Fun Fast Past Job That I LOVED
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  1500 s capital street washington dcAugust 1, 2018
A typical day would start off with lunch one of the pluses working here they care if yiu eat or not which I like a lot for me some days I be so busy before work I don't get to eat. Another thing I like was the second year you coming back to the job you get a rise and plus if you liked where you worked the leave homestand then can bid on it. There were really nothing I didn't like besides how hot it was and I wiah we could take some of that ball park food home over all a good company that wouldn't mind working for again just looking for something new.
Pros
free lunch before work
I learned a lot as an intern
Production Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2018
As an intern with the Washington Naitonals scoreboard production team, I gained a lot of hands-on experience in sports production, the field I hope to pursue.
Sales Driven Enviornment
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2018
A Sales motivated office that is driven by revenue and ticket sales. A typical work day offers 2-3 meetings to cover various topics from season plan sales to group sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is the baseball environment from free baseball games to setting up on field events.
Pros
Free Baseball games
Cons
Individually focused
Great place for the right time in your life
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2018
Employees are worked to the bone. A cool place to work, but a tough place to work - the benefits do not outweigh the job requirements. Senior leadership doesn't take care of its people.
Retail for a sports team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2018
Working for the Nationals was similar to working for any other sports team with a retail section. You were either a cashier or a person who worked on the floor (i.e they simply folded shirts or asked basic merchandise knowledge)
Pros
Able to listen to the baseball game and possibly catch a glimpse or the game
Cons
super short breaks, little to no job security
The had ping pong table in the club house.
Player (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 14, 2018
Its a cut throat business I loved playing for the Nationals until they traded me in 2007 to the Milwaukee Brewers but all in all i had a great time with there organization.
Excelent
Guest Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2018
Great place to work at. The people and the environment is wonderful. Workplace culture is so diverse. Definitely would recommend this job anyone would like baseball.
Thankful
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2018
Upon giving the opportunity to join this baseball team I had no idea of what magnitude my life would be effected based on this assignment. I had just graduated from grad school and needed some one who believed in me.
Pros
Experience
Cons
HR Staff
Part time, Seasonal work
Guest Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2018
Game day staff for the Washington Nationals baseball games. I work as an usher in the stands and as a 50/50 raffle ticket seller. I love working in the ballpark.
Pros
Working for a pro sports team. Great 2nd job
Cons
Part-time, seasonal. Outdoors (weather)