Washington Prime Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
You Do Not Want to Work Here
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 10, 2018
The WPG location in Fort Myers (the Edison Mall) is terribly mismanaged. The staff can be hostile and unprofessional towards other staff that they do not like. If you are not in the manager's clique, you are automatically an outcast. The manager also protects the abusive supervisor who has been the source of harassment in the workplace for at least the past 6 years. Although I learned a bit in my role, it was not worth the emotional and psychological torture of working with people who unapologetically do evil things towards their coworkers. Unless you like to be in the middle of grown 50, 60, & 70 year old people yelling at each other all of the time and extreme passive aggression, I would advise working somewhere else.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunch, hostile work environment, harassment, discrimination, unprofessional
Bait and Switch
Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2018
You are initially lured in with the promise of career advancement in order to entice you into working longer hours without being paid overtime. In reality it is just to get as much work out of you as possible without having to pay you fairly. Management will push meetings back as far as possible in order to avoid talking about certain subjects and will say one thing to a coworker's face but then talk poorly of them behind their back.
Cons
Management, Salary
Fun, friend making environment
Lease Accountant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 20, 2018
Low pay, but a fun and friendly environment. Sometimes that is exactly what you need to get through your work day. A good entry level position, a lot to learn.
New Corporate Management Is Driving Company Downhill
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2018
When I first started at this company I loved the environment. But current management at the corporate level has no drive. Things are always delayed and you can never communicate with anyone because they are always in meetings. Many new hires have been given titles they have no experience in. The work environment portrays itself to be business casual, relaxed, open and fun but recently employees have been getting written up for minuscule things that are not against the handbook.
Pros
Convenient Downtown Location, Nice Building, Employee Snacks
Cons
Interesting and enjoyable work place
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 20, 2018
The office work hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Being the landlord of the mall tenants has offered an interesting and rewarding job. I've learned leasing, legal and retail procedures. The training provided is very detailed and the company provides a very large and detailed training library for employees.
Not the best management team
Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2018
The company started out very well, however, corporate changes have resulted in a complete decline in the company culture and overall management. People are given titles that they haven't earned or have no experience in. The company's focus has changed from being focused on providing good products/services to worrying about minutia and creating paper pushers. The new regime resembles more a factory worker environment than a professional environment.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Poor management
Hard working with a relaxed feel
Lease Accountant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2017
A company that is very hard working but everyone is very relaxed and always willing to say hello or help you with a question or concern you may have. The company is very involved in the community whether it be donating to charities or participating in events such as 5 Ks or Pelatonia. The dress code is very relaxed in the sense that you may choose to wear jeans and a polo or t-shirt everyday. They encourage you to support your sports team on fridays by either wearing jerseys or whatever you feel is best to show your support. The cafe offers free bottled drinks. Overall a great company.
Summary
Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2017
Generally a positive culture with great people to work with.
High management turnover in recent years.
2 corp offices in Columbus, OH and Indianapolis, IN.
Good company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHOctober 16, 2017
Overall, Washington Prime was a good company to work for, unless your looking to advance your career. They will tell your next in line for a promotion, but will end up taking longer than two years to promote, if it happens at all.
Best Company Ever
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2017
Incredible company that truly values its' amazing employees. It was my greatest regret to leave the company, but my hands were tied. I will miss this place. (Indy Office)
Pros
Everything: location, employee engagement, corporate setting
Cons

Want to know more about Washington Prime Group?

Ask a question
Growing pains
Specialty Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2017
Tough environment. This new company is having some growing pains. Management teams change pretty often. Policies are unwritten so you get to make up the job as you go along.
Pros
Local people are great
Cons
Management is not tight - management style varies greatly between regions of the country. Scattered.
Overall a Great Place to Work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2017
WPG is a great place to work, and the management really works hard to make sure you are happy. Great company culture, and they take your work life balance into consideration.
Wonderful Company to work for
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2017
Wonderful Company to work for. Great overall benefits and work environment. Conducive to learning about the job and very flexible. Just ask. Would recommend to a friend.
Seminole Towne Center - Administrative (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLFebruary 11, 2017
My current position is rewarding because of the knowledge I've gained and the skills that have learned.

The Office staff are nice people and great team players. It is a retail position on the back end of the operations of a mall.
Pros
flexible work time if needed
Cons
too much sitting
Hard work for no pay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 10, 2016
You'll get paid for doing managements job and your job for minimum wage. The hours are so low, there's not enough tho go around so no one no gets paid at all.
The management team is really nice but they are fake and stupid. That talk about everyone and demand so much yet they do absolutely nothing in the office.
I hated this job b so much
Pros
Easy, sit down job
Cons
Pay, work, management
Fun workplace, friendly, great for students.
Assistant at Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 1, 2016
I was so lucky to come across this job. They worked with my school schedule, and they are a group of friendly people. A typical day at work for me starts at 9:45 and ends at 6:30. I answer the phone for the CottonWood Mall and answer general inquiries, take messages, and transfer calls appropriately. My coworkers are older than I am, but I have always felt very welcome. The hardest part of the job was working long shifts, I've never had to work 8.5 hour days but I've grown used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the customer service booth and getting to talk to everyone and greet people. I also enjoyed being able to do school work on my down time, they have provided me with everything I need.
Pros
Computer access, flexible break times, flexible schedules, friendly, fun
Great Place to work
Senior Leasing Counsel (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2015
Great benefits and are appreciated. Work as one big family. Great benefits. I have great access to management and support staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Prime Group. Our community is ready to answer.