Washington Prime Group

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Excessive workload and short staffed

Expectations are too high for the minimal staff on-site. Pressure and demands of staff extremely difficult to maintain. The environment is high pressure and best efforts are often not enough to meet the demand

#1 Worst Place to Work - Marketing

Marketing is a disaster from the top down and are disorganized, disjointed, and out of touch, and just a hot mess! These are some of my experiences:- Projects that leadership comes up with are often unsustainable, against best practices, and drive conversions down. - Even after warning against bad ideas, cause you to work longer to fix it...if it can be fixed; otherwise it ends up being abandoned, causing huge time-waste.- No processes for repeated projects and tasks.- Poorly thought out plans by unqualified team members who don't put any effort into learning their job, needlessly increase the workload of others. - Redundant meetings drag on and on because agendas aren't utilized to keep things on track.- Meetings often turn into boring lectures because some people (more than others) talk way too much and have little valuable to say. - Marketing is years behind current tech.- Innovation, data-based decisions, and modern practices aren't welcome. As a person of color in Marketing, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the lack diversity in every way...especially diversity of thought. I was disappointed about the lack of respect, acceptance of myself, and acceptance of my ideas. I was disappointed that, on a few occasions, leadership would either shoot down my ideas or blow me off only them to propose my ideas as their own months later.

Pros

Free softdrinks...

Cons

Bad leadership, tons of long and unnecessary meetings, clique-culture, good work is rewarded with more work, unsupportive leadership, and unstable future.

Innovative company focused on reinventing retail... FUN, exciting, paid parking, trendy.

Highly recommend WPG! It's a very collaborative atmosphere, lots of great perks such as free parking, snacks, a trendy office located in the heart of downtown Columbus. Surprise lunches happen often, all the Cherry Coca Cola you can dream of... music is always playing and its an overall enjoyable vibe.

Pros

Great people, free parking, trendy office, surprise lunches, free snacks!

Busy and fun work place

Everyone gets along, everyone helps each other. It is a fun environment and very busy to make your days go fast.Management is very helpful in anything you need and listens to you.The hardest part of the job is just the constant interruptions to help guest but that is also what keeps it from being boring and keeps you from just sitting all day.

Pros

Flexibility if you have appointments or family matters to deal with

Cons

Really can't think of anything

Great place to work!

The people, the atmosphere, and the quality of work is exceptional. The teams really care about delivering great products to our guests whether it be thoughtful marketing campaigns, engaging activations, cutting edge technology, or environmental services (i.e charging stations & solar panels). In addition, WPG really cares about their associates and makes every effort to provide a clean, safe, comfortable work environment. Notable offerings are ... free & convenient parking downtown, weekly yoga, great cafes with an assortment of coffee & free drinks, lap tops and cell phones for remote work, standing desk options, zoom meeting scheduling built in to Outlook, and Microsoft teams for staying connected.

Pros

Talented Co-Workers, Great Technology, Caring Management, Community Engagement, Social Conscience

Cons

None to speak of!

Run

The favoritism and political bull is terrible. Treats the ppl who actually get the work done like trash. Ridiculous timelines and manufactured deadlines. Turnover is awful

Pros

Parking

Cons

Politics. HR is useless

Not sure if there's one good thing to say..

This place absolutely drained me. I don't know if I can even list all the cons since there are so many from corporate down to field level. Corporate shows so much favoritism and politics its insane, especially in corporate marketing/ West region, so beware if you go into marketing here particularly at one of their west properties. My specific field office had its own little political realm too with corporate instigating half of the time and using field employees as their puppets. The field employees at my office sometimes went against each other with HR doing absolutely nothing and just showing blatant favoritism. And don't even get me started on the pay. If you absolutely must work here, be at a larger property (that's not West!!) so you can get higher pay (not sure if that's even livable though) than the scrap change the smaller properties get.... take this with a grain of salt though.

Cons

Pay, lack of culture, politics, blatant favoritism

Heavy workload with unreasonable deadlines

Washington Prime Group likes to Push the Work Life Balance but in the Lease Accounting department, this is not the case. Short staffed, extremely excessive work load and unrealistic deadlines every month. Salary position so you will not be paid for the evenings and weekends that you have to work to complete your assigned work each month.

Pros

Free downtown parking

Cons

Poor work life balance

Good

learned a lot working there. like working with tools and outdoors. really helps my craft by working hands on. always room for improvement. always willing to learn

good

Cons

Looking to advance your career? Start here!

It's been a pleasure working for Washington Prime Group. New to the industry and company itself, my local team and corporate marketing team were open arms and always stated, "Please reach out if you need anything!" When I took this position it was a huge advancement in my career and I couldn't be more thankful for the opportunity and career development they have provided. If there is anyway to change the bonus structure, I was disappointed to find out the untimely annual bonus opportunity. If you help secure profitable revenue for the company January through December, you won't receive a bonus until three/four months the following year. However, with commission opportunities, I am still very grateful to receive individual performance perks (commission) throughout the year.

Pros

Benefits, Remote Work

Cons

Annual Bonus Payout, Multiple News Channels

Productive and fun place to work

A typical day at work consist of reports, attending to tenant needs, ensuring that all departments are well staffed and are actively engaged in their daily duties. The hardest part of the job is to keeping everyone happy most of the time.

Overall

Wonderful culture and leaders. Excellent opportunity for advanced growth. Fantastic onboard process Convenient location and free parking is a definite plus

Lots of Events

Other than General maintenance you will also be required to set up and tear down commercial events including set up and breakdown of stages, chairs, drapery, and other décor.

Avoid Like The Plague....

Backstabbing management, poor wages, no direction, meetings with no agenda etc. Just look at the mall, the decor is from the sixties, and super high turnover rate for stores. Many empty stores for years. This place is nauseating and mall management belongs under a slimy rock.

Unprofessional, rude employees

This job is very unprofessional. They do not provide training and it’s like pulling teeth to get trained. The employees are rude and are back stabbing. They smile in your face to talk about you behind your back. Very hostile work environment. Not a team player environment and they are quick to be rude and nasty. This place is toxic!

It’s all fine till after the first month

Everything is fine till after the first month of employment when the office lady follows you around comes outside to see what your doing when your just eating lunch in your car to avoid her but it doesn’t work or security jumps to what ever she says and follows you around to this place is full of harassment so much of it I quit my job but if you avoid The office lady and the head guy in security you will be fine but good luck trying to void that

Pros

Maintenance team is awesome

Cons

Evil office lady

Everything is urgent and done incomplete

The culture seems great, with a nice office, great perks, stylish workspaces and a generous expense budget. But, leadership has very little direction. Very large projects that teams do not have the resources to pull of are expected to happen in little to no time with little to no budget. It's almost as if leadership will wake up at 3am with a "great idea," call a meeting in the morning and all of a sudden you drop every project you're doing to make what seems like a fluff idea happen with no direction and a very short timeline. Then you come in the next week and are told to focus on something else. Rinse and repeat. Days are filled with pointless meetings and you end up with a million projects that seem to never get finished.

Decent place to work

Decent place to work. Good benefits. Good pay. Usually easy to get time off. Good insurance benefits. Has 401k with vision and dental insurance. I've worked at better places, and worked at worse places

High Turnover is an indication of the management at WP

High turnover is an indication of the management at Washington Prime. For an accounting shop the hours were reasonable and they have above average pay.

Time to MoveOn

When I first started at that position there was very little work being done to upkeep the property but I feel that when I started working at maintenance they felt that they have a young person working for them and is willing to do more than he should to accommodate them for when they need it done. I have been certain type of skills and mechanical background they did not consider paying for knowledge.

Great local management team

WPG is a good company with good benefits. The CEO is an outside of the box thinker and has amazing ideas and puts forth some really impressive projects to drive growth. The local management is strong and takes good care of the team. Very much a family type atmosphere.

Pros

Strong compensation for Director level positions

Cons

PTO cannot be taken during the Holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Prime Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Washington Prime Group