Washington Redskins

Washington Redskins Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA25 reviews
Required to show up to work in good physical condition and communicate well with other on employees on your team. The organization was unmanaged in my opinion.
Professional modern workspace
Professional workspace with modern features within a sports facility. Worked multiple NFL events with opportunity to produce content for team website.
challenging environment
Working for the NFL posed constable new challenges of witch I've never had to deal with in my career. Even though I worked in the kitchen, I was seal judged based on how well the team preformed.
Great environment, gained valuable experiences
I got the experience to work closely with professionals in the field I'm hoping to pursue after college. I learned so much about accounting and the administrative side of professional sports. The culture is great and the hours are very flexible.
Great if you like Fast Paced work
It's a temporary low paying job that I knew would not be enough to pay any bills. It's a fun experience. I believe it's better suited for someone in school or someone retired who wants to be busy.
Pros
If you like the football team you would like working here
Cons
lots of standing
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Worst place to work
The Redskins are awful. Simply awful. They are dishonest and just plain awful. I do not recommend this place to anyone. There is nothing more to say about this place. They are plain awful
Pros
Cons
you name it
Terrible management, poor work culture and environment
You never know what you're going to get working for the Redskins. Management never thanks you for your work or acknowledge you exist. Work overtime with no overtime payment or any type of compensation worthy of your time. No chance to go up in your career; once you join that's your position and salary forever.
Pros
Being around football and access to utilities.
Cons
Pay, management, culture
Not suggested
Would not suggest working here. Very toxic environment that includes constant management changes, constant turnover, and extremely low rate of pay and horrible benefits.
Intern
Great place to intern. Some of the best public relations professions in the NFL. Working in the offseason is much less intensive compared to an internship during the season.
Pretty loose and open environment
Environment was a rather fun place to be at, when it relates to the video office itself. You an expect to experience something new each day that you show up to the building. The access to interact with players and coaches is a rather unique and exciting opportunity.
Pros
Interactions with players & coaches, and free breakfast & lunch
Cons
Weather at times and sacrifice some weekends
You won't be bored
You will learn a lot about the business of football and about the business of business. You may not like a lot of that, but there it is. There's always excitement around a professional football team, so that's a plus. This one, however, spends a lot of time in crisis mode and that creates pressures and anxieties and great demands on one's times.
Pros
Game day (tickets)
Cons
Inordinate pressure.
Over worked, under appreaicted
It was assumed that you had no life outside of work and frequently were expected to work nights without any additional compensation or appreciation. I often got in before managers and stayed after.
Fun team oriented atmosphere
Coming to work didn't feel like work. We have a great team and management is very understanding. I absolutely developed my interpersonal skills working with the Redskins. I loved my coworkers. Only issue I had was the pay.
Very Lively
Working this job I made lots of networking connections and got to be a part of a fast paced industry. This job will help you work on your interpersonal skills and as well as sales skills.
Tough job
Management gave us everything we needed (physically) for successes, but overall management was short on overall support for head coach on down. Tries to get involved in things they should have left to the head coach.
Fun place to work
The Washington Redskins are a fantastic company to work with, especially for internships. My internship experience was very unique and I got a lot more out of it than I would have with various other internship opportunities.
great experience
with the team for three years and i enjoyed every minute of it. great opportunity to grow as a person and player. built long lasting relationships with staff and teammates.
Interesting and helpful for future jobs
Great workplace that gave benefits for future jobs. Easy to connect in the workplace and able to have a hands-on experience in the NFL organization. Would recommend.
Great Experience
It has been a great experience to work for the Washington Redskins and see the inner workings of a classic NFL franchise. Whether it was working game days at FedEx Field or working at the facility in Ashburn it truly has been a great learning experience.
Great internship
Its a great group of people all in one place and everyone is there to work extremely hard and do it with a smile on their face and love what they do. Its a lot of work and the hours are long but the experiences you gain, you can't get anywhere else and after experiencing games on Sundays it really makes it all worth it.
Pros
The people
Friendly work environment
A typical day at work included photographing events and creating online galleries on www.redskins.com
I also spent my day scanning in photos and creating a digital archive of former Redskins players and coaches.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Redskins. Our community is ready to answer.