Washington Redskins Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Executive Assistant to Daniel Snyder, Owner (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 3, 2019
The Redskins are awful. Simply awful. They are dishonest and just plain awful. I do not recommend this place to anyone. There is nothing more to say about this place. They are plain awful
Pros
Cons
you name it
Terrible management, poor work culture and environment
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 2, 2019
You never know what you're going to get working for the Redskins. Management never thanks you for your work or acknowledge you exist. Work overtime with no overtime payment or any type of compensation worthy of your time. No chance to go up in your career; once you join that's your position and salary forever.
Pros
Being around football and access to utilities.
Cons
Pay, management, culture
Not suggested
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 26, 2018
Would not suggest working here. Very toxic environment that includes constant management changes, constant turnover, and extremely low rate of pay and horrible benefits.
Fun and Fast Paced environment
Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed working for the Washington Redskins as a Ticket Taker. I also loved greeting the fans. The best part of the job for me was meeting all of the fans. The hardest part was working in the cold weather and standing on my feet for hours.
Fun place to work but...
INTERN (TICKET OPERATIONS) (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJuly 15, 2018
Working with the Washington Redskins is a lot of fun but depending on the position, you might not get paid much. Also, you work majority of family holidays - Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. It's a fun job and atmosphere on game days but you sacrifice a lot.
Pros
access to games and special events at stadium
Cons
low pay and no free holidays
Great Worplace
Captain Press Level (Current Employee) –  FedEx Field, MDJune 12, 2018
busy Every game. The hardest part of the job is moving Celebrities thru out the Stadium without Fan Fair. The most enjoyable is helping the Owners Guest and meeting All Celebrities, Players as well as the President of the United States.
Pros
Working for the Owner
Cons
no break
Intern
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 9, 2018
Great place to intern. Some of the best public relations professions in the NFL. Working in the offseason is much less intensive compared to an internship during the season.
Great
Game Day Staff (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 5, 2018
I loved working there, it was a great experience. Being in the atmosphere gave me a view of what I want to do in life and being there just made me love the game of football even more.
Reflection on the team
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 25, 2018
The work environment at the Redskins is difficult. It can be rewarding but is very cut-throat and not conducive to family life. The organization knows people will accept a pay cut to work there and they leverage that. Many that work there do not last.
Usher (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 19, 2018
Good supervisors to work for, fun place to work.Half price on meals. Get to see all the games.And the co-workers are fun to work with.The pay could be a little more. Love helping people and in so incidences you most help guest with unruly people.
Pros
half price meals
Cons
Short breaks
Intern
Training Camp Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 17, 2018
It was a great experience. However, the fact that some of the executives refused to help even after they said they would left me a bit confused. At least be upfront and say "no I will not help you".
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not form of compensation.
You won't be bored
Editorial director (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 4, 2018
You will learn a lot about the business of football and about the business of business. You may not like a lot of that, but there it is. There's always excitement around a professional football team, so that's a plus. This one, however, spends a lot of time in crisis mode and that creates pressures and anxieties and great demands on one's times.
Pros
Game day (tickets)
Cons
Inordinate pressure.
Great experience
Game Day Host (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 3, 2018
I am a sports person myself and I got a chance to be around work that I would love to do myself in football. This was a great experience to see and work behind the scenes of a football stadium. I would love to do more work in the arena if it was possible.
Pros
Access to the games
It Was Awesome
Gameday Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 13, 2018
Working for the Washington Redskins was a blast. I really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff, and to make it even better, I was a fan of the team. It was definitely a job that I enjoyed waking up to every weekend.
Over worked, under appreaicted
Digital Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 9, 2018
It was assumed that you had no life outside of work and frequently were expected to work nights without any additional compensation or appreciation. I often got in before managers and stayed after.
Fond memories, not recommended
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDDecember 1, 2017
Sure, working for an NFL team is pretty cool, for the first two weeks. Then, it’s you and it consumes you. You’re required to work long hours for minimal pay.
Great Job, Low Pay
PREMIUM SEATING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 15, 2017
Great experience, cool job.

Unfortunately, it's very hard to live in the area without a second job on top of this 40-50 hr/week job to make ends meet
Fun team oriented atmosphere
Redskins Charitable Foundation Staff (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 27, 2017
Coming to work didn't feel like work. We have a great team and management is very understanding. I absolutely developed my interpersonal skills working with the Redskins. I loved my coworkers. Only issue I had was the pay.
Very Lively
Hospitality Intern (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 25, 2017
Working this job I made lots of networking connections and got to be a part of a fast paced industry. This job will help you work on your interpersonal skills and as well as sales skills.
Account Executive
Account Executive - Sales (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDOctober 6, 2017
Calling fifty to one hundred people a day that usually did not want to talk to you was not always fun, however every now and then you would talk to a real football fan. Management does not adjust their expectations for sales which can lead to it becoming impossible to hit sales goals. If the football team or front office was doing something the fans did not like the management would still expect high sales.
Pros
Free lunches after Redskins wins