Washington Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 8, 2019
A low stress work environment. Enjoyed meeting people with very different personalities every day. Overall it was a wonderful place to work and great people to work with.
Does Not Care about Work/Life Balance
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AR 72703June 7, 2019
A Not For Profit Hospital that continues to build and expand instead of that care of the many employees that have spent their entire career at WRMS. This employer will cut you and walk away without looking back, your sacrifice means nothing. WRMS does not help you grow to your full potential. The Administration continues to get millions on time of retirement while “the help” continues to strive daily for the possibility of a 1.5 percent raise for the year.
When times get tough this hospital decides to take 2.9 percent away from employees base rate, when times get better they never give it back...when that has taken the employee possibly years to get that raise to begin with.
This place is very top heavy lots of admission positions ready to micromanage. Instead of realizing that we are adults trying to make a living for your families.
Pros
No freebies at all
Cons
Rarely breaks or lunches.
Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 23, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Washington Regional! I worked there for 8 years and was very happy with my experiences. Washington Regional helped me grow both professionally and clinically.
Wrmc
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 16, 2019
Working med surg was hard. Often my additional aid would call in, and I would be left to manage 18 patients myself, and you didn't have a good nurse that night, you were not going get anything but VS and trays passed.
its hard working at a hospital at night
CNA (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 16, 2019
its hard to work at a hospital at night, id like to think that management did they best that they could in solving problems. its a hard job and there are some amazing people working there
Washington Regional
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 6, 2019
Flexible schedule and tremendous on the job training. Raise was available upon completion of National Certification completion. Great staff (including nurses and doctors) that helped you learn your way around the hospital.
Poor Management with absolutely no integrity
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Imaging/outpatientMarch 22, 2019
The overall facility & the services offered are excellent. However, WRMC management lacks honesty & integrity. They are not advocates for their employees & are unbothered by truth. I have 30+ years experience in my field, have never had any negative actions or complaints against me. Nor have I ever been treated by an employer with such disrespect as I was @ WRMC Clinic management. l truly loved working there until I began to see how they actually treated their own. If someone in management decides they are intimidated by you & how well you perform your duties, they will make it extremely difficult for you. Truly sad, because if they vested their time in taking care of patients like they would want to be taken care of, instead of trying to act important & climb the corporate ladder, it would truly be the best hospital in the state of Arkansas. Sad but true. Being the best in medical treatment is useless if you don’t have the staff & management to support it. Thank you Mery Hospital for being a true light in NWA. Thank you for the foundation of Faith you were founded on & continue to honor & uphold as you TRULY serve the patients of NWA! God will bless those who bless others!!!!!
Pros
WRMC has great medical staff
Cons
But lacks quality management personnel to support them
Terrible management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 21, 2019
The IT management is horrible. They care nothing about the people that work for them. Lots of lies and promises that never come to fruition. If you are a yes man, this is the place for you. That is all they are looking for. The current director is only looking to move up and doesn't care who he hurts in the process. Do not work here.
Pros
Loved co-workers
Management supportive
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 16, 2019
I worked as anRN in Holding Room for surgery. Really enjoyed co workers & doctors. Management was supportive & responsive. Felt had resources available to perform job successfully and safely.
Pros
Great environment w/ great coworkers & physicians
Cons
Weekend work requirements
Abundant Work Load with New Management
Insurance Claim Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoyed working at WRMS. I am currently working Arkansas Medicaid Claims. Typical day would be to respond and work emails, work claims in our system queue to see why claims are not being paid or if they are pending, work claims that have been denied and research possible errors and/or corrections, work Medicaid Held claims that are pending the hospital getting PCP referrals.

Fun co-workers. I'm the type of person who sets goals for myself to meet and I was allowed to do this.

New supervisor who is very inexperienced, insecure and still learning how to interact with staff through trial and error.
You will go far if your a yes man
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 4, 2019
the only way to get anywhere at this hospital is to bow down to the upper management. This place does not care about you at all, all you are is a way for them to pad their pockets. The directors will cut corners to get them their yearly bonuses. The hospital runs like a rusty wheel and management doesn't care as long as they look good the rest of their staff will suffer. if you have any common sense, you want to actually get paid for the work you do, or want to be appreciated, DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Management, No training, Lack of motivation
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 29, 2018
Great place to work if your are competent and confident in your skills. A very large amount of autonomy. Staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming. You see a variety of interesting cases.
Good place to work if you want to pay the bills.
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 3, 2018
Overall working for WRMS is tolerable. It is as good as any other job. I would recommend working for WRMS for entry level but training is at a minimum.
Pros
If one does their job, managment leaves them alone.
Cons
Weak managment.
Fair job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 2, 2018
It was a good job. It had the risk of exposure to illness, but was a decent low wage job with good management. the only reason I left so quickly, was due to illness making me incapable of continuing work there.
Pros
Benefits, good management, kind employees
Cons
Exposure to illness, hard physical work
Great opportunity
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 31, 2018
Working at Washington Regional allowed positions to advance medical and people skills. Learning techniques for specimen integrity was highly recognized.
A very face paced workplace
OR Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 25, 2018
This was the worst hospital I ever worked at, the manager was rude and didn’t care about their workers getting hurt, they would make a bunch of lies to get you fired or get you a write up so they wouldn’t have to pay your workers comp.
Overall Good Hospital
Claims Analyst and Biller (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 18, 2018
Pros: Benefits, 401K, decent vacation time. Decent pay, although see cons.
Cons: stressful work environment, underpaid compared to other hospitals. Upper management very much into micromanaging.

Enjoy the job itself and overall love my work. Daily dealings with other coworkers is a challenge. Lot of politics and drama.

Love the hospitals focus, and mission-being a nonprofit they strive to help all.
Downside, the medical staff not as caring as other facilities I've dealt with.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Decent vacation time acrruals, Discount for Wellness and to the Hospitals Exercise Center
Cons
Stressfull management, underpaid compared to other medical facilities in area, no room for advancement without backlash from management.
Be prepared to have no life outside of this place
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AR 72701October 18, 2018
Unrealistic expectations no room for mistakes be prepared to have no outside life. They expect you to work over your scheduled hours if you can’t you’re punished awful place to work would not recommend
Poor management.
Lab Processor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, arOctober 17, 2018
There is a lot of backstabbing and underhandedness at this company. Coworkers are encouraged to go behind others backs instead of coming to the person with the problem.
Pros
Decent pay
good job
Assistant to Nursing (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 8, 2018
it was an honor work for that hospital they tech me so well and explain everything to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Washington Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location