Washington Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Donate Life
Administrative Assistant I&II (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 15, 2018
WRTC is a nonprofit company that saves hundreds of lives, the employees and well as the employer is dedicated to the mission, vision, and values of the company. It is a family at WRTC.
overall good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Compensation was pretty good and I enjoyed most of the management. The only reason I left was because of a conflict that was discussed in my interview and then became a problem when it was time for my work schedule to be switched around.
Pros
work environment
Cons
some management
Great group of people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 14, 2018
These were some of the best people I have ever worked for. Really was a family orientated company. Would go back to work in a heartbeat. I am still in touch with most of the people from here.
Great Management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 11, 2018
Positive work environment with supportive leadership! I really enjoyed my time Washington Regional. Benefits were less than desirable as well as pay due to it being a community hospital.
Pros
great work balance
Cons
pay and benefits
Great work enviroment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 7, 2018
Even on a rough day the nurses at this place of employment really know how to pick you up and help out as much as they can. Overall and amazing place to work at!
very stressful clinic within the WRMC umbrella
RMA (Current Employee) –  Shiloh Clinic Springdale, ARMay 4, 2018
I have worked for the clinic I am currently employed at for 8 years. I enjoy being able to take care of the clients there over this time. Our clinic is a lot of CCM, PCMH and paperwork. I feel like the actual patient care has suffered from all of this.
I am not against hard work at all, however with the late clinic hours of 8-7pm by the time you get home it is time to really go back to work in the am.
When i first started there it was regular 8-5pm daily. When work was over, you could actually still do things in the evening and enjoy family time and I was even able to attend church on Wednesdays. With the current schedule I cannot make it to church on Wednesdays and that is a big priority for me.
I am looking for a clinic with 8-5pm hours.
Pros
The clinic where I work is close to my house, less than 3 miles.
Cons
every nurse in our clinic is very stressed, the work load is very crazy.
Great place, biases promotions
PROJECT MANAGER/ADMINISTRATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 26, 2018
Washington Regional is a great place to work and even better if you know someone, that is a really quick way to be advanced. Education is key here so get that.
productive
Public Benefits Clerk for Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 24, 2018
productive place to work, especially if you like to be fast past and love staying busy throughout your day. also, good place to work if you love to problem solve.
Great place to work!
Cardiac Nurse Clinician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 23, 2018
I have a strong, supportive team with a good manager. I feel respected and am motivated by my team. I enjoy working at Washington Regional Medical Center.
Pros
good pay
Cons
less than good communication
COMMUNITY EDUCATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAApril 23, 2018
Not just a job, a very collaborative environment where you're always learning. The most enjoyable part of working with this organization is all of the outstanding volunteers that are all involved in organ donation.
Friendly staff, good environment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Business OfficeApril 8, 2018
I love my co-workers. As long as you do your job and don't spend your day chatting at a coworkers desk or messing with your phone, management is easy to deal with.
Benefits seem pricey but are better than my previous workplace, except for dental.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Month end, high deductible health plan
Great job, but with a few flaws
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 3, 2018
I love getting to interact with the patients, patients families, nurses, and doctors. some of the stories are very heart touching. On the downside, the hours are all over the place and not all problems are handled through the supervisors.
Pros
Interact with co workers, patients, costumer service
Cons
Attitudes, Problems, hours
Coordinator/Buyer/Ins Adjustment Analyst/PB Adv (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 30, 2018
I worked in three different department over my 7 year tenure and they all were very different in my overall satisfaction. But, all were very good at work/life balance and compensation/benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Things are changing
Senior interface analyst (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 18, 2018
Not sure how the new management will achieve goals with staffing as it is. Fearful that users are going to suffer delays in implementation. Success is a long time out, and only if additional staff can be added.
Pros
Stable employer
Cons
Turnover, lack of advancement opportunity, some employees have "special" status
lacking in staff
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 12, 2018
always busy never any breathing time, nurses thinks they know it all refuses to help half the time. management wont even help even if certified. not a good place sorry
benefits
Cons
everything
Good Place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 4, 2018
It was an alright place to volunteer would probably have enjoyed working for pay more. People were friendly and staff genuinely cared about the patients
Stressful/ lack of management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 28, 2018
Management here is honestly a joke. What applies for one person doesn’t necessarily apply to everyone, it’s all about favoritism. You’ll be asked to work a unit that you’ve never even been trained on therefore you’re own patients are at risk. You may or may not ever get a raise for all that you are asked to do outside of what you’re actually trained on. Also insurance is crazy expensive and not the best coverage.
Pros
A few great coworkers
Cons
Healthcare, management, pay
New leadership team
Patient Access Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 25, 2018
My director was afraid to put his neck on the line as he was close to retirement. New CNO took too long to figure out what needed to be done (what changes needed to be made). Not enough rooms for all the patients yet they are adding on to their cath labs and their OR suites. Interactions between departments were painful.
Pros
Latitude to do what I wanted in my job
Cons
Upper management didn't support our departments
enjoying working with the patients
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 24, 2018
I learned a lot about wounds. Enjoyed learning about the patients I took care of. I enjoyed learning different ways to help heal a wound. The hardest part was when a wound was very difficult to heal. It was a great feeling when it finally healed.
Pros
had good insurance
Cons
some time had long hours
Great team work, patients will always lose when ya short staffed
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 11, 2018
Nice place to work, need better pay to secure experience staff retention. More money for people with experience, be more diverse in your hiring! Patients will benefit in long run!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight