Washington State Department of Transportation Employee Reviews in Renton, WA

Dot
Logistics Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Renton, WA 98057September 5, 2017
Federal position with the DOT/FAA. I would recommend a position with the FAA as the pay and hours are competitive and the staff professional and the management fair.
Learned about aviation information.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 8, 2017
Processed personnel actions for 7 states. Also helped out with medical insurance for employees.

Ordered office supplies. Made travel arrangements.

There is no more for this review.
Pros
Aviation information
Cons
no cons
pretty good place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 4, 2017
Great job security and pay. Management priorities change quickly and management officials vary in their perspectives. Employees need to be very flexible in their work and priorities.
Pros
Job security, great benefits
Cons
constant shift in managment priorities and objectives
Faa
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 31, 2017
The working environment is very professional, and the opportunity to progress or learn new skills is wonderful. Advancement within 2-3 years is attainable.
Fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Renton, WA 98057October 18, 2016
On a typical day as a Lead Administrative Assistant I am responsible for clerical duties for a group of 44 individuals. My group deals with safety of the National Flying Space, which includes taking phone calls for accidents, unsatisfactory conditions reports, safety risk management for all the western area and routing this calls to the appropriate specialist.
I review time and attendance to ensure accuracy and compliance with government and state laws.
I review travel authorizations and vouchers for all specialist and managers, so that all monetary reimbursements are per FAA travel policies.
I review all memorandums and letters, routing for signatures and tracking within our filing system, also keeping with records retention laws.
Pros
Government job, with many benefits
This is a great place to work. Great people and lots of opportunities.
Management and Program Analyst (FV-343-H) (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 26, 2015
A typical work day begins early with a long commute and beginning work at 6 a.m. I check all emails since the day before and then begin running reports to ensure there are no issues with schedule or budgets for all projects that I monitor for the Western Service Area.

During my time at the FAA I have had many opportunities to strengthen my leadership skills. I love helping others succeed so obtaining a management position is in my future.

My direct management is great to work with. My recent manager really cared about her team, knew the business of the FAA and what our team is all about and allowed us to succeed. The majority of my co-workers are also great. There is such a great feeling of inclusion at the Service Center.

The hardest part of my job is probably that all the tools we use don't talk to one another so there is a lot of repetition in our work.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team members and knowing I have a part in keeping the flying public safe.
Pros
Coffee shop and Gym located in building
Cons
Constantly changing resources
Public Sector Work
Senior Materiel Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 3, 2014
I'd really like to get out of the Public Sector...I'm not able to grow at the level that I want in my current role. There's not sepecially great compensation in the Public Sector. At the end of the day, I feel that my skills could be better utilized and bring better value to another company. As far as the work. I have a passion for PC/Mainframe/Server files and large exports. Then linking several systems together for Facts and Data.
Pros
Holiday and Paid days off
Cons
Public Sector jobs, frozen pay scales, Sequestration cuts.
98% Travel instalation Technician
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 10, 2013
10 hour days Mon - Thur.
Landing systems Comms Networks High/low RF Power systems
As Lead Installation Technician supervised 3-8 Technicians
Living in hotels 350 days a year
Ensuring the safety of airline travel
Pros
Loved the FAA
Cons
Travel
A Great Developmental Organization
Real Estate Contracting Officer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 5, 2013
This position will develop your real estate skills and prepare to pursue positions with greater leadership opportunities outside the organization.
Pros
Great Benefits and Training
Cons
Limited Growth Potential into Managerial Positions