Washington State Department of Transportation Employee Reviews for Fiscal Analyst

4.0Pay & Benefits
Not all it's cracked up to be
Fiscal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, North Central RegionFebruary 21, 2016
I worked for North Central Region in Wenatchee for 28 years and found that unless you worked in Engineering you were treated like a nobody. Maintenance workers weren't treated as well as Engineers but better than anyone else.

While I enjoyed the work - the micro-managing and incompetent supervisors, snotty back-stabbing co-workers and rude upper management (that needs to retire) - made the work days miserable. Every day I went to work I dreaded it and just wanted to be left alone to do my job.

Depending on what job you do - you most likely will be very busy. If you can overlook some of the co-workers and almost all upper-management you will be okay. In order to survive here you need to build up a real thick skin. You may also find it is sink-or-swim with very little actual help.

I did appreciate the leave that you can earn over time. I also enjoyed learning different aspects of my job and meeting a lot of different people.
Pros
Healthcare, earning leave, wage, and meeting a lot of people
Cons
Co-workers, upper-management and preferential treatment given to some