Washington State Department of Transportation

Washington State Department of Transportation Employee Review

View all Washington State Department of Transportation reviews

Good benefits
Confidential Secretary/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WASeptember 18, 2018
Good benefits and pay. Administrative Assistants are a good team. I was happy to be a part of a good team. The location is good if you live in Olympia.

Other Washington State Department of Transportation Employee Reviews

A great career, if you can manage to get hired.
Transportation Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Union Gap, WAFebruary 23, 2019
As a female working in construction I was paired off with a female to mentor me. She was less than excited to have gotten stuck with me, however, so I was kind of pawned off on other inspectors all summer. I had hoped to have more responsibility but I mainly got to observe. I honestly felt unwanted but still I learned so much and I thought the people were very down to earth and intelligent. I think I would have enjoyed the summer if my mentor spent some time actually talking to me and training me to do things all the other interns were learning. That part made me frustrated the whole time. The pay and benefits are awesome when working for a federal agency. I am trying to get hired on now that I have a degree but it is a very competitive process.
Not a good employer
Washington (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 29, 2019
WSDOT is currently firing and running off all ot the employees close to retirement replacing them with kids right out of college with no skills and little knowledge. The people are brow beaten, bullied, harassed and hide in their cubes, eyes always down not to be noticed.
Pros
ORCA card
Cons
HR is vicious, Managers aren't supported, unqualified Directors.