Washington University in St. Louis Employee Reviews

great benefits
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2018
Washington University is a great place to work if you have a family. Washington University tuition reimbursement is amazing. After one year you can can take classes at Washington University for free and after 7 years Wash U will pay for your children to go to college.
Wash U
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2018
Awesome pay and benefits. Get to work with some amazing educated people. School/tutition beneifts are great. Definetley an academic setting. One of the better employers in my opinion.
Very fast paced environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Washington University. If not for my health failing I would probably most likely never left. They were always doing small gestures to show the employees we were appreciated.
WU is very political.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2018
Upper Management is very political. They only care about making money and constructing new buildings. The pay is terrible, compared to similar positions at other companies. The benefits are great, that is about it.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Fantastic place to work.
RESEARCH NURSE COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2018
The polar opposite of Coastal Carolina. Highly intellectual with focus on continuous education. Opportunity for growth. Treats employees with value & respect.
Great job
Pre-cert Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 4, 2018
I love working at wash u ! Great hours. Great benefits. love my co-workers. I work in a very fast paced environment so it makes the day go by fast. I like how green the university is.
temporary position
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2018
this position gave me experience and helped me become better equipped to work with people. I learned how to multi-task and learn many skills that i could use in future endeavors.
Productive and relaxing place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2018
Very nice place to work. The management staff is very good to work for. The customers we provide the service for are very demanding which allows you to challenge yourself at work.
Pros
Relaxing environment
Cons
Paid once a month
One of the best anesthesiology resident program
Resident (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2018
The program has very high bar for residents in this program. The training was very intense. I had many opportunities to be exposed with very sick and complicated cases.
Washington University
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2018
Everyone I worked with in my department was the top of their class and very friendly. We shared the office space with another department which was difficult because their staff wasn't friendly or helpful.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Poor Management
Great benefits
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2018
A great place to work with many benefits for employees and their families. Great advancement opportunities and health and tuition reimbursement programs.
Awesome place to work
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2018
You will love the campus! The faculty & staff are amazing. Really progressive and innovative. Honestly, don't have nothing bad to say about the university.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2018
I worked in a research lab with a great lab environment, great research advisor, and a great place to learn fundamental lab techniques and tools of the trade.
Great Place
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. I was sad when I had to leave due to medical issues but, even after having to leave they still tended to stay by my side. I learned more ways to be a team player and how to help others in need.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
Leaving when I did
Not the best Company
Clinical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2018
Overall, there could be major improvements with this company, such as organization and being more professional. Also, the patients are not important to this company, some patients have not seen the doctors in months. It is horrible talking to a patient about a doctor canceling their appointments or changing the times. Additionally, People need to be trained for the job you are wanting them to do. It is rather sad, when the boss cannot do the employees job, but wants to give critiques on how they can do better. I would say that this company is has dealt with racism and entitled individuals. If you are African American, then good luck with being advanced in the department and being heard. I wished that it would have been better, but everything is a lesson.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Professionalism
Great university
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 15, 2018
I absolutely loved my time at Washington university. The environment is one of a kind. You will not find another employer that has so many opportunities for employee engagement while at the same time maintaining a firm balance between work and home.
fast working environment
IBC-II Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2018
very fast working environment. Under monthly reviews. Have monthly quota's and grading. I love the flexible working hours. I have learned all my training as a billing rep. at Washington University. went to training classes.
Pros
College tuition reinburstment
Cons
parking
Short term work, difficult rewarding
Architecture Discovery Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2018
I worked with the Sam Fox Special Programs in ADP. Worked several hours each day with a group of high schoolers to help the understand architecture and learn what it may be like for me to have a teaching role. Long hour but short term. Food and housing was included.
productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2018
Washington university is a pleasant work environment.The people are friendly and there is a work life balance .its a community that promotes internal growth.
Great educational environment
Senior Research Technician (Former Employee) –  PEDSJuly 31, 2018
Research positions at Washington University Medical School have ample opportunities for various fields. Tuition reimbursement allows one to increase knowledge or attain further degree. Very collegiate atmosphere with friendly and knowledgeable faculty and staff and latest research innovations. Free MetroLink Pass is a bonus to save gas and parking fees. 401 contributions are matched with increasing percentage based on years worked. Many other opportunities and Benefits. Great place to work for recent graduates or more experienced personnel. Highly recommend WUSM as a place to work and learn
Pros
Many opportunities to learn and meet people
Cons
Location is downtown so heavy traffic during rush hour sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington University in St. Louis. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss