Washington and Lee University Employee Reviews

Amazing
Physics and Engineering-Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VAJanuary 2, 2019
I'm a student assistant and don't have many responsibilities beyond helping when I can. I set up the weekly labs and assist professors when I am needed.
Amazing environment
Catering Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Lee, WAAugust 29, 2018
Everyone at Washington and Lee is easy going and amazing to work for and with. Works around busy schedule, such as class, sports, doctor appointments, etc.
great work environment with room to progress in your career
COOK II (Current Employee) –  Lee, WAMay 16, 2018
There are plenty of opportunities to progress in your field as well as benefits to further your education. The managers make sure you get proper training as well
Great Opportunity
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAJanuary 14, 2018
There is intense institutional buy in. The university presents a lifelong commitment to its alumni, faculty, students and staff. It is a very family oriented institution that extends itself. It is committed to enhancing the community.
Pros
Family University
Cons
needs more diversity
nice place
Phonathon Caller (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VAJanuary 12, 2018
This is a nice place to work, even though Lexington is very far away from any other cities. My managers were all nice, and no one had unreasonable demands.
interesting environment
Assistant Women's Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VANovember 6, 2017
Ad is a great person. and so is the other coaching staff members. always there to help you out. VA is a greatstate and the weather is perfect. Campus is located in a great part of the country. lots of outdoors activities
Washington and Lee is a fast paced work environment
Cafe 77 pm supersvisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VASeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed my Job at Washington and Lee University for the first 8 years it was a great family oriented company. In the last 2 years the management team changed to an outside company which would have worked well if they had full control but in sharing duties with the existing management team did not work at all. there were constant conflict between the two companies creating a hostile and stressful work environment. They have since went back to the original management team which was in trouble and could not keep the team together in the first place that required the second management to team to be hired they continue to have management problems. Washington and Lee as a whole has been a great place to work but it needs management in the dining service areas
Student Employment
Fitness Center Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAAugust 10, 2017
Excellent place and people. Worked there while a full time student. Great place to meet fellow students. Monitored equipment and students for safety.
Prep and serve food
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VASeptember 14, 2016
I love the people I work with. The hardest part would have to be getting everything ready for the night. I enjoy it all honestly. The management is very well honestly.
The professional and friendly culture at W&L is top tier.
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VAOctober 16, 2015
I enjoy working for Washington and Lee University greatly and wish the cordial atmosphere could be replicated across all industry.
wonderful workplace
customer service (Current Employee) –  lexington VAJune 4, 2015
I enjoy working for this company. it is a good work environment with friendly and hardworking employees. I have learned so much and enjoy every minute of it.
Pros
friendly c-workers
Cons
short breaks
Not a bad place to work.
Catering Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, Va. 24450April 13, 2015
My department is chronically short-handed and over-booked which makes for a difficult work days at specific times of the year. I have been there 8 years and we have had 3 directors.
Good, reliable help is very hard to find in this small town.
Pros
free lunch when you have time to eat.
Cons
chronically shorthanded and overbooked
Productive place
Assistant to Prof. Le Blanc (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VAMarch 23, 2015
A place where one empowers himself/herself with knowledge. I really liked working there, as I developed my leadership and research skills.
Productive and fun work environment
COACH, ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, PHYS ED INST (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VANovember 12, 2014
Athletic department works well together and has great leadership.
Fabulous Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lee, WAMay 9, 2013
A great environment to be part of. Great co-workers. Loved working with events and coordinating the offices.
Great value system and wonderful people with whom to work.
Head Athletic Trainer, Associate Professor PE (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VANovember 2, 2012
Nearly everything about this university makes it a wonderful place to be employed.
Pros
great co-workers in an enjoyable work atmosphere.
Cons
work/life balance.