Washtenaw Intermediate School District Employee Reviews

Great Co. to work for!!
Router / Dispatcher / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MI 48198November 7, 2018
I loved working for them! I had a very good supervisor who was not asking you to do anything she was not willing to do herself. I loved working in the computer with the routing system. Most of the time it was fast paced and the day would fly by. The hardest part of the job was good but challenging. Talking with upset parents. It felt good to let them know that their child was safe and on a bus going to their bus stop. As long as you verified that their child was safe they would be OK and settle down.
Pros
The pay was great!
Cons
Some parents you could not calm down as hard as you tried.
Wonderful job opportunity
Early Head Start Home Visitor (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 12, 2018
Washtenaw ISD is a wonderful agency to work for. I have had the opportunity to experience working with an amazing team, team development and the offering of many trainings.
Very well organized
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 30, 2017
Well organized you was able to get the hours a route you wanted.

Management was nice, friendly place to work.

Most enjoyable seeing the children everyday.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
no paid sick days
WISD Technology Department
TECHNOLOGY LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI 48103August 2, 2017
Now, this is a place to have a family and growth. There is only one downside to it all and that is the politics of a school district. The director is accommodating and kind, she looks after her team and ensures we are getting the best possible outcome. There is no place that could be as amazing as working for a technology department.
Teacher Consultant
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 6, 2017
Excellent Employer. Good benefits and excellent salary package. You are treated as a professional. Professional development is provided. Professional growth within the organization is available to all.
Pros
Fair treatment
nice
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 4, 2017
This was a nice place to work even though the money wasn't very good had to work two jobs. This is a good job if u already have one and don't mind traveling.
Fun and Exciting Place to Work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 27, 2015
Transported students and/or special clients, such as persons with disabilities to and from their destinations. Ensured adherence to safety rules, assisted passengers boarding or exiting the bus. While on the road, adhere to caution at all times. Work as a team with co-workers. There is no hard part of the job because I love what I do and the most enjoyable part of the job is talking with the children.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours worked in a day
A challenging place to work where I learn new things daily
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 14, 2014
At the WISD there is never a typical work day and I must flexible to ensure that student needs are met. I have a very effective team who work together in meeting student individual IEP and personal goals. WISD allow for professional development in which I greatly like to participate in.
Pros
Free activities and event participation, professional career development
Cons
short 15 minute break
This job produces the advantage of working with students, transporting them to various schools
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor MiJanuary 7, 2014
Transport students to various schools, a requirement of Commercial Driver License is a must. Management team works well together in order to run a smooth business, I work well with my co-workers, the job is not hard, unless you have a problem dealing with some parents. I enjoy working with the students and getting to know them.
Pros
Working with the Students
Cons
Long breaks
If you don't care how students talk and treat you Willow Run School District would be ok
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 14, 2012
I honestly enjoyed working there, my co-workers, I couldn't get used to the way the students would act and the things they would say to you inappropriately.
Pros
don't have to work weekends or summer and the school breaks
Cons
students unruly, disrespectful, management doesn't stand behind you kids say and do anything without reprimand
A good part-time job
Bus Monitor and Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 5, 2012
The hardest part of my job is getting up at 4:30 am to be at work at 6:00 am. I have learned alot about children, their personality and behavior. I have a great boss. I like most of my co-workers, the younger co-workers tend to be loud and rebellious. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the children, and making sure they have a fun and safe ride to and from school.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough hours