Wasserstrom Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Engineering dept. good
Manufacturing Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2018
Loved the environment and the position.The schedule was flexible and the job was challenging. Which was great. I would recommend Wasserstrom as a great company to work for.
A lot of productive people working there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 6, 2018
It was good job that offer break and well manage .I love working with my coworker but it not stable job sometime there was a lot of work then following week it was slow .
Pros
Free waters
Cons
short breaks
I havent been there in a while so i dont know if it has changed
Welder/manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Lay back workplace, alot of overtime as well, decent pay medical benifits a reasonable pricing, has good coverage depending on plan that's choose good free lunches.
Able to work with own initiative.
Estimating (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Make sure that you are prompt upon arriving to work. Able to work with own initiative. Ensure that information given to management is accurate and concise.
Pros
Accesible
Cons
Desk Layout
mom and pop shop
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCJanuary 9, 2018
company had no organization. the management was kind and mostly fair, but organization lacks much in lean manufacturing. the jobs vary, I was a machine operator and the job was very simple. overall I enjoyed my 3yrs there.
productive
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2017
Great company to work for, had great benefits and ability to work up to a better position, the only thing I can say that I didn't enjoy was being laid off due to a reduction in force and not knowing if and when they will be hiring back.
Pros
appreciation meals and possible bonus
Overly worked at times
Receiving/Returns Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2017
Not enough consistency with people staying on the job, poor choice of people to hire. Lots of work at times and limited people to help get things done in a timely manner.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
lack of workers staying on the job long
My experience
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2017
I worked for Wasserstrom Company for about 3 months .. It was a temporary job .. and even though those hours are long .. they go by so fast because you are working. I really loved Wassertrom company .. Even though it was a warehouse everybody was busy and theres no drama and the supervisor over the electrical area was so helpful , he needs 5 stars over all just stay in your lane and you will work peacefully
Pros
food, employees
Fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Great atmosphere and good people who want to help out.the management was ok some faulks weren't as good as others but it was still good. The work wasn't stressful and made for a quick 8-10 hours.
Fast pace,very productive
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  2560 valueway Dr. Columbus Ohio 43224September 13, 2017
Every changing with a lot of multitasking. High energy great place to work. Evolving to greatness. A good home for a family stable future. A place that can be recommended with great pride.
It was a great work place pay and advances weren't good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioAugust 29, 2017
I would work there again if they changed there pay rate and pay advance - other than that they train you to drive a lot of machinery fork lifts small trucks and teach you the RF Gun and how to pick
Learning experience
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2017
This place has taught me that there are better jobs out there and that I should not settle if I am unhappy in the workplace. I am in search of something better, not necessarily wages, but well-being.
Pros
Free lunch once a month.
productive
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2017
It's welcoming i learnt how to be more productive, the management are friendly but need to work on the work area due to dusty and the hardest part is lifting.
Fun and safe work place for the most part
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2017
A typical day at work is real busy from start to finish.My main focus will be to do my job right and as safe as I can do it to the best of my ability.The hardest part of my job is sometimes having to put away real heavy items while the easiest is having to put away real light items.The workplace culture changes from day to day and hour by hour.At Wasserstrom I learned to operate the Cherry Picker to where I got real good at doing.
Pros
Starting early getting off early
Cons
How hot it can get in the warehouse during the summer
productive a nice place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 23, 2017
I had work with this company for 3 years. reason for leaving they moved to another location. a typical warehouse work. packing in a line and quality control.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
to far to drive
Co-workers r polite and willing to help one another
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 11, 2017
The short time I worked at wasserstrom I was told by upper management to keep up the good work and that I would have a full time position with the company well didn't turn out that way I was released because of lack of work as they say but they turn around the next day and bring in another temp worker as one of my former co-workers informed me
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
U go to work wondering if its going to b ur last day or not
Very nice work atmosphere
Data Content (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2017
I worked from home and was required to go in once a month. When I had to go in it was a good work atmosphere and able to get work done timely. Worked with me on my hours that I worked.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Pay
Great company
Painter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2017
The place is easy to get to, and parking is just fine. The crew is knowledgeable, and they do focus on high quality products. They train well, however their compensation is considerably lower than the competitors, while the benefits are pretty good.
Good Company
Installation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Very good company to work for at the time a lot of traveling for this job. This job taught me a lot about construction. Good co workers
Working to Go in Debt
Operator I (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 24, 2016
A typical workday at Wasserstrom consists of arriving at 5 or 6 am and clocking in. Supposed to attend meetings and sometimes they do them and sometimes they don't. The schedule always changes throughout the week. Management does not know how to manage the workload. We are not guaranteed 40 hours a week. I have a good group of co-workers. There is nothing hard about the job but the pay stinks and if you have a family to support, this is not going to do it. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers.
Pros
You'll know everyday if you have to get off early or not.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay