Waste Connections Employee Reviews

Easy job with a lot of hours
Garbage Collector (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TXFebruary 9, 2019
the job is not hard, as far as most labor jobs go. Riding in the truck or on the back emptying garbage cans. Reward and bonuses around holidays, can get overtime no problem, if you wis to work longer hours.h
Excellent company to work for.
Receptionist/ Call center Rep (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COFebruary 3, 2019
Excellent company to work for, great team, Company cares about there employees. They offer great benefits and they take time to answer and help you in any way possible.
Best job I had
Front Load Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Great place to work! Pay is good never had a problem there , hours are long but with in time you can manage your hours an the faster you work the faster you get home
Great Career choice to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2019
If you have experience in Diesel Mechanics, then this is the place you want to retire from, but if you are just learning or want to know more, well in my experience this isnt the place for you.
Operations Route Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2019
Great job !!!!!!! Everyone is like a family and works together. Great opportunity to grow with the company, traveling and able to move up quick!!!!!!!
Great place to work!
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 14, 2019
Waste Connections is a big company but is able to maintain a family owned feel. Good work/life balance and love the servant leadership culture. CEO is very passionate and has a unique approach to business which makes this company very successful. Salaries can be low in some areas but with bonus and stock options, full package is very good and competitive.
Pros
Culture, Flexibility, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Decentralized Branding
its a good place to work if your just wanting place to get a paycheck every week.
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2019
its ok place to work. Plenty of work. Management could do a better job of taking suggestions from employees.its a who you know( buddy system) in order to gain advancement here.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
management. its not what you know but who you know to get better chances to move up the ladder
Productive and fun workplace
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 11, 2019
Great job with great opportunities. We work as a team and learn new things everyday. We put in 100% into our work everyday and strive to meet our goals.
Would work there again!!!
Shift Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 9, 2019
Thank you for the amazing opportunity to be apart of the company. To anyone that worries this company is not going to be good to you.. your wrong they are like a big family .. they take care of there family!!
Great potential
Operation Supervisor Waste Connections (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJanuary 9, 2019
The employees is what make this company great. The drivers who go out everyday in all conditions is the backbone of this company. The culture management tries to evoke, is the same culture management does not follow.
Fast paced work space
Commercial roll off driver (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Good place to work for take care of you.union job,hard work but well worth it.Fast paced. Get rewarded for a job well done. Safety is there number one concern
Pros
Barbecue’s
Cons
Short breaks
Eh
Operations Manager (promotion) (Former Employee) –  Abbott, TXJanuary 7, 2019
It was fine but the newly acquired company did not want to follow the mission all that much and made it difficult as a lower level manager to make sure things got done.
Cheat their customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2019
They like to overcharge their customers and then not refund the money. Had to leave because I could not live with my self. They are crocks and should be put in jail.
Temporary Job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXDecember 20, 2018
Not my favorite place to work. Customers are angry and hateful. Management was fair. I wasn't prepared or trained on how to deal with ignorant people.
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33147December 5, 2018
I usually start my day early in the morning by pre tripping the truck and doing my paperwork. Then i head to the route and service each customer that is on the route sheet. After the route is completed I head to the land field to to dump out the truck. I then conduct a post trip of the vehicle and end of the day paperwork. The work place culture was friendly.
Rumsey Tuscaloosa management
Office (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 1, 2018
DO NOT GO TO WORK HERE. Cut throat management. Care about their employees a joke! They only care about management and the numbers being right at corporate to get their bonuses . Only management gets bonuses. Ma agenent are liars!!!!
Benefits
Cons
good company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Austin, TXNovember 30, 2018
my boss was very difficult to work with and for
came to work everyday. boss didn't like the way I performed my job because it wasn't they way he would do it. never gave me feedback on any project. didn't like the decision I made on nightshift.
Horrible place to work...stay away
Residential driver (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLNovember 19, 2018
Pay is unfair to hours worked, long illegal work hour days, no OT pay, mgmt. is beyond unorganized and plays favorites. trucks always broken down. Will let you go over anything and call it misconduct. Better off working at Mcdonalds.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Everything else
Drive a Class B vehicle, lots of stress and fast paced work environment, great employees
Recycle Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 6, 2018
This job has its ups and downs. Working long hours, but the pay is nice. You get your route done but you never go home when your work is finished. There isn’t much room for growth. But job security is a benefit.
Pros
Salary, great employees, job security
Cons
Hours, no growth, safety
I would not recommend anyone working there
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rapid City sdNovember 6, 2018
I would not recommend anyone going to work there the management in the shop is very bad and if you don't fit in with the group they will get you fired they
Pros
The pay
Cons
Cut throat place to work management in shop sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Connections. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight