Waste Connections Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 19, 2018
Company is by far the leader in Waste industry. Waste Connections was the best place to work and gave me the tools I need to be successful in my future endeavors.
Pros
Job advancement and great work place envirmonet for growth.
Cons
As they grow, they struggle with keeping their values and people intact.
Nine dollars
Helper (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2018
Enough money for that. The management over there is messed up at everything else is cool. If I had another chance to work there probably I will accept it.
Pros
Not
I’ve driven for Waste Connections for over 2 years
Truck Driver Class B CDL (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
A typical work day for me would be waking up and arriving at 5am to work. On average, I’d usually leave work around 3pm. The driving itself isn’t a challenge since I’m very determined because I have two sons who I am sending to school. Personally, i am confident in my driving because I’ve driven roughly 5760 hours for waste connections (this is a conservative estimate). During my time working there, I never really struggled with the tasks I was given whether it be extra work hours or a trip to different city.
Pros
Healthcare, healthy work environment, manageable hours
Cons
No appreciation for office team. Terrible office manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAJuly 13, 2018
If you carefully read job description they tell you being in the call center is a high stress job, who wants that? Customer Service means follow up but no time for that here, never fully staffed! No appreciation for office staff who take the brunt of it for the company! Continuously running out of garbage carts and parts to support customers needs, on back order for months with customer. Then a cluster getting them all delivered! Many fell through the cracks and new neighbors would get them while others wait months! Not to mention $ 15.00 start here but elsewhere $ 16.00 start. If they would follow the proceedures passed out to employees that would be nice.
Pros
Free trash service if you are living in a home
Could be better but for management.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brookings, ORJuly 12, 2018
Working for Waste Connections was not the easiest place. The office manager instills work drama and pits employees against each other. It was stressful working there not knowing if you would get a secret shopper call or not. While I worked there every time we had an office staff meeting we heard nothing but negative.
Pros
Free garbage service
Cons
Office Drama.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 9, 2018
Was not given enough supervisor on the job training. I just wished I was given better opportunity to be a great leader with company and assistant division manager was not fair
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bad leadership
great job
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJune 28, 2018
this is a great place to wok fun envierment well paid great safety program with bonus every month they really take care of their worker there loved the job
Pros
evrything
Awesome
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 22, 2018
I love it here. Employees here are awesome. If you like being outdoors this is the job for you! I totally recommend working here. Its a fast paced job
Pros
Benefits, Good Pay
Good company / poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 12, 2018
The company overall has the potential to be a good company to work for. There are good people that work there that make it a good place to work. The company pushes for a positive servant leadership culture. Unfortunately for our District, management uses that servant leadership for self serving purposes. There is a huge divide between them and the employees. There is a continuous lack of communication. They have forgotten what it is like to work and operate as team. There is a difference between talking about working as a team and actually working as a team. I would not recommend working for this company in this area.
Worked from the second you got there until closing time
Trash Picker (Current Employee) –  Iowa Park, TXJune 10, 2018
I worked 1:30-5 everyday after school and I walked around in rain, snow, or shine picking up trash. Its not really a career I wanted it was just a job during school to make some money. The management at the job is really good and great people to work with again, just wasn't what I wanted to do for my career path.
Cons
no benefits
Terrible Place To Work
Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJune 10, 2018
No life. Low pay. Horrible people and atmosphere. Have to work all holidays and mandatory OT every single day. No room for andvancment and employees talk trash about each other all day everyday.
Stay away!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX Garland rdJune 9, 2018
Management for the Dallas location is a Joke...

Back stabbing culture. Get rid of the current upper management this place might be nice place to work.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Current upper Management in charge ...
Hopper on back of the truck (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, LAMay 30, 2018
Good people to work with and friendly and kind to get a long with, they cook for us on holiday in give us water and powerade in the summer they give us a 30 minute launch break.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Poorly managed company.
Roll-off Driver (Former Employee) –  Finksburg, MD 21048May 28, 2018
My day was long and exhausting. I learned to try not to rush and be as safe as possible. Management staff was understanding sometime but on the other hand asking what going on with the route. Workplace culture was great because I like my co-workers. Working past 12 hour day was the hardest part of the day. Again I enjoyed my coworkers, my job was a little easier because of them.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Short breaks, some days no breaks.
driver (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 25, 2018
unfair employment, I will never apply there again
bad managers, bad unfair hirers
unfair employment, I rate them poorly.
Good luck you will need it
Cons
It's a great job for someone who is older closer to retirement.
Driver/operator (Current Employee) –  Mermentau, LAMay 24, 2018
Love the job but truly wish it paid more. It's very relaxed and a great group of guys. The biggest issue is there's wry few opportunities to advance in the company.
liked it
Helper (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 23, 2018
great place to work. good bosses, good pay. friendly co workers.the pay is very good and the days go by pretty quick because it is a fast paced job i liked it there
Diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMay 21, 2018
Having the parts you need to repair trucks was a problem.
Most of the coworkers will work as hard as other. Management cared to a certain extent to help the employees.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Poor management skills
Rolloff Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2018
Company is going through change after being bought. Management is good old boy style. Some hired from within with no management skills. Other managers have been let go because of gender bias.
Pros
There's always going to be trash that needs to be picked up.
Cons
Poor equipment, bad management.
Pretty much work buy myself, no one dogging me
WELDER, R360 (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 10, 2018
Okay to work here. Co-workers have their favorites. Work a lot outdoors in the elements even though there is a shop. there is never any room for all the work that needs to be done.
Do like being on my own, I get more done that way.
Pros
work on my own
Cons
outside is too hot or too cold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Connections. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight