Waste Connections
Coronavirus update
Information from Waste Connections:

Waste Connections Employee Reviews

United States548 reviews
Good
Good place to work, safety is number 1
Overall people are treared good, as long as you do you job.

Company trys to work with everyone very diverse environment
The people you get to meet and work with daily
While being a part of Waste Connections means getting to know an amazing group of people. These individuals are down to earth, hard working, and some of the best friends you can make.
Decent place to work
I personally dont care for getting paid every two weeks,but had no choice. Work was fine but as you got more accustomed to the route, the faster you got done. So you made less.
Very fun place to work
Management don't think you are good to be promoted to the next level.Listen to your previous management.Manager is not confidentiality friendly,tells your business to other employees.
Job
Not much room for growth in the company..In bad weather could be long days.. Maintenance issues were very bad also made for extremely long days.. Company was just run well enough to get to the next day
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Decent place to work
Has it's good and bad. Good pay, good, benefits and home evry night. Long hours and hard work at times. Nothing to crazy though. Managers take care of their people and will back you. Overall a good, long term place to work.
Good workplace
Repairs and maintenance on trash vehicles. Good staff. Tire repair and replacement. You have to provide your own tools. Cleaning and maintaining your work area always.
Friendly company
Have a friendly smile and be sincere, show then that you are a people person and care about helping the people you are providing support to in the field.
Awesome company
This is an amazing company that puts its employees first even during this covid-19 pandemic. Waste connections is doing everything they can to help it’s employees!!
Good place to work but be ready to be moved around when people call in.
The people here are great, sometimes the management is helpful other times not so much. If a groundman calls in be ready to get up and go in at 6 to 9 in the morning to pick up trash. Youll learn to operate the trucks during your time here. Theyll teach you the ins and outs of each truck if they have time.
Don’t waste your time as a mechanic
The Erie shop is a joke, don’t really fix anything and pencil wipe paperwork. Every one there is more interested in playing on there phone or playing video games than actually fixing equipment. Not really sure how the trucks stay on the road . No parts ever and if you want any kind of specialty tool be prepared to buy it on your own to do your job. Bosses get mad when you tell them you need to down a truck to repair it.
Excelente
No pude seguir ,trabajando , me gusta WC,love deceo volver
Pros
Nada
Cons
Nada
Great Company
I really enjoyed working at Waste Connections. The reason I had to leave cause my wife medical situation but if not I will still be there. They make sure you are always good and I hope to return to the company again. All supervisors and managers were great and make sure you were doing good. Only down fall is the trucks they seem to have issues but when it happens they always send help and that is a good thing in this field
The operations manager has very little people skills
Other than it being a job, poor Management, they don't let you succeed they keep you where you are like it or lump it. The operations manager at this site is a poor excuse for an individual who cares very little about the employee he'll step on anyone's toes to get ahead
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poor site manager poor operations manager
Not a good company
Management sets you up for failure! You get your job done and always expected to go help the slackers! And they throw the recycling in with the trash! Horrible management!
Waste Connection
Good job with much work never slows down and good supervisor... I just love to fear trying find something closer to the house. Really wouldn't leave it.
Okay job
Lotta physical manual work heavy lifting running routes 12 to 16 hour routes working by yourself with no help operated taper on rear load of trash truck removed catch his recliner’s washing dishwashers 55 gallon cans barrels
The best part of the job
I loved being able to help each and every person that called. whether it be by responding to an email or a person-to-person contact at the front desk. Being able to resolve the problem or take a payment was the best part of my day
Just a job.
Its a job that cares about customers and not employees. Management is clueless to some parts of the job. It’s nothing special, just a job if you looking work.
Safety First and good benefits makes a good statement for me.
Company has good retirement with company match and benefits are hard to find.
The pay is good and no charge for the uniforms, boots and other supplies are a plus. Do your job and keep safe practices in mind and you will be successful.
Pros
Good benefits
Customer Service Rep
At the end of the day, I dont hate the company or my co-workers! The culture is family oriented. They feed us ALL THE TIME. We help each other when needed, we work like we're supposed to, and we have fun during down time. Is it perfect? Nothings perfect. However, this is one of few places I've worked where I would think long and hard about leaving. Something about being comfortable where I work seems to have that effect on me.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Connections. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.6
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Waste Connections.