Waste Connections

United States747 reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & Benefits

Health Insurance

They cover 80% of the family health insurance so that's extra money in your pocket. Also quarterly safety bonuses. They try to get involved in the community and donate bikes for kids every Christmas.

Good pay, great co workers

Great company to work for as a csr. Good pay,benefits and bonuses! One of the easiest jobs I have ever had! Management does not allow verbal abuse of employees.

Waste Connections insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Great place to work at , the money is good . The environment is also very good . No stress , the mangers are always there to help and the job isn’t hard

May 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the hard work our essential employees put in every day.

Some good people.

It was alright. A lot of favoritism here. No one helps each other a lot of back stabbing etc.Watch your own. Work was alright long days in the summer to hot in shop which isn’t the worst part, the millions of flies is the worst part. Great lunches and cook outs. Benefits are good.

May 2, 2022
We appreciate the hard work our essential employees put in every day, and we care about your concerns. Please reach out to your local manager or HR representative if you would like to discuss further.

Do a good job of hiring like minded teammates

It is overall a good place to work. The pay is fair. Mainly Monday thru Friday but there is weekend work available. Equipment is older but fairly well maintained.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours camera in cab

Pay is fair overall good place to work

Overall not a bad place to work. Most of the people their are very helpful. Benefits are good. Need college degree to move up. No overtime. Not a stressful job.

April 25, 2022

Good place to work.

Overall you just have to get use to standing 12 hours the work is easy. Management is always looking out or trying to look for ways to improve the facility. The work life balance could be little more even.

April 25, 2022

Fabulous place to work that values their employees.

I have had many opportunities to learn and advance while at this job. The management has been supportive in providing training along the way. You can't beat the culture of this company.

Pros

Opportunities, benefits, family environment

April 4, 2022

Junk

The east texas locations are a joke. Management is not cross trained on what the employees do. Management has raised their voices to employees. Management goes around the recruiters to hire people since they are so desperate. The bonus program is great if you don't make a single mistake. Trucks are rigged to run. No one is treated the same its all based on what is convenient for management

Pros

Pto is good

Cons

Too many too list.

Overall a fast paced job

Good company , good people overall I liked the job but at the same time it was overwhelming having over 100 stops a day and more for me because I was a new driver

Too political

Grown men acting like children, too many company politics. Good benefits, long days, sometimes unhappy clients. Helpers are contracted through hiring service

April 4, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the hard work our essential employees put in every day, and feedback like yours helps us improve.

Management sucks

Management expects you to do stuff they can't do. They complain about hours but never come help you get below what they want you to have. Routes are huge. Supervisors have no idea what us drivers go through but still try and tell us how to run a route when they have never picked up one can.

Pros

Benefits co workers

February 28, 2022

Easy to learn trade and very supportive

The co workers are very family oriented. They know how to make you feel at home and if you have a problem they can help you by providing room and board for free.

Pros

They provide drinks, snacks, and free dinners

Cons

No breaks, family members get best routes, favorite employees leave as soon as the route is done, favoritism, no life after work

February 22, 2022

Very productive and fun all around

It's a great place to work, great team of people in the office and overall pretty laid back, great benefits good pay . Great team of boss's, this is the first company that's been a corporate company that I've worked for and actually enjoyed, good group of ladies I share a small space with, fun, laid back, somedays are fairly busy but we always have fun working together

February 22, 2022

Buen grupo de trabajo en general

Nada es perfecto pero se puede trabajar con ellos buenas condiciones de trabajo y seguridad

Pros

Los seguros todos iguales cobran caro y no quieren pagar cuando lo necesitas el

Cons

El trabajo es fuerte tienes tu tiempo para almuerzo etc

February 22, 2022

Safety-focused company with an outstanding culture and compassionate Servant Leaders.

Waste Connections is a fantastic company that adheres to its core operating values of Safety, Integrity, Customer Service, and being a Great Place to Work. The management philosophy is based on the principles of Servant Leadership, where leaders serve their employees by supporting the individual and collective goals of the team, ensuring safe operations, removing obstacles to success, providing strong support, and empowering employees to take ownership of their position. It's refreshing to work for a large, successful company that recognizes, values and celebrates its hardworking employees every day.

Pros

Safety is always the 1st priority, strong, compassionate servant leadership, good pay & benefits, a family-focused organization that supports a healthy work/life balance.

February 10, 2022

Bad environment and very biased about promotions.

Pay is good but not enough for the headache. Would not invest your time in this company because they will not invest in you. Management is poor and has no clear path on what they want or where you can progress in the company.

Pros

Good pay for the most part

Cons

No breaks, overworked, nowhere to move up.

January 31, 2022

You are just a number but you are home every night.

Safety is #1 value but in reality it is last. They don't care about safety unless it benefits them. Very long hours and if you aren't able to take a lunch they take the time out of your check anyway.

Pros

Free service and home every night.

Cons

Lack of safety concern, no chance for advancement, low pay, long hours.

January 31, 2022

Fun guys to work with, very early hours.

Days start at 1:00 or 3::00 depending on your preference. The training is ok, if you go to a different route, you're pretty much on your own, keep a phone charger for GPS.

Pros

401k, insurance

Cons

Drive cam, can't take a drink while going down the road, records everything you do, so they can go back and look at things, even tho you had no accidents. Big brother watching you.

January 31, 2022

Pretty busy makes time go by quick

Pretty good pay every week stay busy which makes time go by quick good benefits free trash disposal provided uniforms sometimes free lunches and tool vendor for mechanics

Cons

Nasty garbage

Good steady job

It was an easy going job. Show up complete your route. Make sure get all stops. Management was great. Can’t really advance. Good ppl to work with. Salary was good

January 31, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Connections. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight