Waste Connections Employee Review

View all Waste Connections reviews

decent pay for work harder than it needs to be.
Recycling attendant (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I worked at a recycling center cashing out customers for CRV bottles and cans. The work will keep you occupied but some days will be so busy that your ability to complete tasks would be impossible without cutting corners as the workload can sometimes be just too much for a single offsite employee. The pay was quiet excellent and benefits were nice as well, though opportunity for advancement was out of the question, to advance I was told I would have to take a pay cut and start over in an alternate position within the company!

Co-worker relationships consisted of saying hello at clock in at the MRF and goodnight at Clock out at the end of the day.

Hours were solid at 40 hours, 5 days a week.

Management was decent though constant reminders were needed over and over again for needed supplies. For example scales were off balance for months cutting customers pay-outs short until W&M finally came and shut down our centers near the end of the work day. In all my time I never revived an actual review of my performance, outside of casual conversation saying "You're doing a good job."

Other Waste Connections Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2018
The drivers are wonderful. Management not so much. Its all about safety until it becomes about money or safety. Then it becomes about the money.......
Another Big Company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 14, 2018
Working with Waste Connections will provide you with a fairly decent job, the office people tend to be nice and there is a lot to learn... However, being a big company, you tend to be dispensable, especially if your numbers are lacking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Connections. Our community is ready to answer.