Waste Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast pace and long hours
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 25, 2018
It was an ok place to work permanently but I was put on by a temporary agency as a part time worker making full time hours, my pay was too low for the amount of work that needed to be done (8.50/hourly) and I would work from 4am to whenever the route is done normally til 6pm or 8pm which restricted me from handling any business I needed to handle during the day.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2018
Waste Industries to me was a great place to work. It seem like they cared about their employees. They were always doing something to show the employees how apperative they were of us. Waste Industries offers great benefits.
Pros
Hour lunch
It’s a stressful place to work.
Front End Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 15, 2018
They add more stops to your route and we have to be off the clock by 3pm but yet want you to get every stop. The managers are not that bright they say one thing but do another also they fire you for petty stuff. They got cameras all over the trucks they say it’s for driver safety but it’s to spy on the drivers they gonna have a lot of drivers quit.
Pros
Pay
work Day
Driver Trainee Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 11, 2018
Start time was at 5am. Then it went from there. You would have about 10 stops a day unless you were call to help someone on their stops.It is a very strenious job.I liked the job because it was never a dull moment.
Pros
the money was Great
Cons
cut throat atmostphere/
Driver/loader for recycle
Recycling Truck operator (Current Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCJune 4, 2018
Drive recycle truck half of the day. Other half of day, I am up and down on back of truck picking up recycle bins. Can be rough sometimes getting up and down of back of truck. I like driving the truck.
Stressful work ,if u good at what you do,will make help out the slower works and you ebd up doing two to three routes
Front End Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 29, 2018
High risk job ,can lose your job at anytime,don't care for the drivers who the work horses at the company,never get to enjoy your breaks because they watch the truck with cameras and no when you stop for break and there come calling you to help out 90precent of the time.poor equipment that break down alot.
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Everyday is a high risk.
postive and safe enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 17, 2018
fast pace, productive, competitive and medium moral
employee management relation was good. positive motivation for safety driving. Good feed back for creative idea to improvement in safe driving.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
morality level
Easy job with low moral due to management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMay 11, 2018
The job is a really laid back job and easy once you have mastered the systems, however, a lot of micromanaging, not enough employee support, low moral, no room for growth/advancement, pay doesn’t match some employees job duties (some representatives are doing 3 in 1 jobs but only getting paid for 1), hard to get time off and mandatory meetings that inconvenience you.
Pros
Easy job, lunches provided occassionally
Cons
Salary doesn’t match job duties, time off availability
Poor management
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 8, 2018
Management does not stay long and some don’t have the required management skills to properly enforce DOT policies and plays favoritism and is very disrespectful to employees
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor management
Very busy work place
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 6, 2018
This is a very busy place to work. There is very poor communication between product lines. The work load is decent but the management is very poor in the product lines.
a decent place to work if you want overtime
Driver (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCMay 2, 2018
fun place to work at times you can get plenty of overtime. The job is very laid back but has a lot of hours weekly. You come in early in the a.m. and you might get of later on that afternoon but depends on what route you may have.
Pros
advancements
Cons
short lunch breaks
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 27, 2018
Waste Industries was a family owned business when I worked there. The owners and management team were very supportive of promoting from within. The open book, open door mentality made it a great place to work.
Pros
Fammily owned
Good place to get a start
Heavy Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
While i worked there managers changed almost ever 6 months in shop the pay was ok but not competitive with other companys like waste managment or republic
My nightmare workplace
Recycling Operator (Former Employee) –  9029 Deponie Dr. Raleigh NCApril 12, 2018
Working for Waste Industries was a nightmare an very traumatizing.I wouldn't wish that experience for no one.I reached out to HR for help an didn't receive ANY!!!! But told that they felted I had thicker skin.I felted as an employee at this company that they protect me from the behaviors of others.
Pros
Custumers were kind
Cons
Harassment an the bullying
Exciting family environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCApril 5, 2018
Waste Industries is one of the best companies I have ever worked for, its staff and employees are much like a big family. The company is ever expanding and giving more opportunity for advancement year over year.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Compensation should be better for the market we are in
Group effort proved true during Privitization of the City of Raleigh
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 7, 2018
I have never worked with such a team that came together as one during the City of Raleigh changing Commercial Waste Removal. Such a great experience in my first outside sales career.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Relaxed environment good pay
The management is really good
Great hours pay to match
Benefits are competitive
Sick days and vacation days
A place worth applying
Trash is a hard business alone
Commercial Front Loader Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2018
Risky routes, unorganized discipline, and no team effort.
First shift gets paid as much and sometimes start off making more than 3rd shift employees
Cons
Low pay, work every holiday on 3rd shift, unrealistic goals for employees
Hard Work
Helper (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DE 19720February 12, 2018
This job is very hard work and very physical. Just don't get injured because you will have to get a lawyer involved to get back pay which will eventually result in your termination.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCFebruary 2, 2018
Excellent benefits and compensation. Professional environment that is team oriented. Great management team that is always willing to help. Customer driven environment.