Waste Industries Employee Reviews

Stressful
Helper (Current Employee) –  Street, MDOctober 10, 2018
Management listens to problems you may have on assigned routes but does not try and find a solution to benefit their helpers. They cater to drivers with problems. Trying to get a day off is rough with constantly being understaffed.
Good place to work if your not shy of physical work.
Waste truck operator (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCSeptember 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Waste Industries. Plenty of hours per week. Good benefits. Moral is good here. Friendly atmosphere. Managers are easy to get along with.
job was good role to have
LEAD DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 19, 2018
my position there was as an service tech . I delivered and removed units from customer sites and maintained them as well. driving from different locations across the state maintaining and servicing the units
Fun place to work once your used to it
Helper 1 (Former Employee) –  Street, MDSeptember 3, 2018
I trulyenjoged working here. Only down side was once you finished your route 90% of the time you had to go help someone. I’m a team player and understand if a truck breaks down or short staff and there’s a legitimate reason. But not helping someone bc they want to be lazy or go so slow that they fall behind. It’s the same people that always need help. They run through a lot of good helpers bc of it. It’s almost like your penalized for being a good hard worker. After a 1200-1300 stop route I don’t feel like helping someone. Truly do miss it though. Would go back to work if they offered me it.
Pros
Besides repeat routes everyday is different never know what you’ll see
Cons
Having to help lazy people
the other drivers are nice to work with
Driver (Current Employee) –  Townsend, DEAugust 28, 2018
The hours are very long and the pay sucks for the trash industry at 16.25 starting pay even if you have experience. That is very low compared to other companies in the same field. The long hours are crazy that you don't have plenty of time for your family.
Pros
getting the experience of the trash buissness
Cons
pay, hours, and managment
This was avery dangerous job.
Helper/Driver (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCAugust 23, 2018
I get up at 3AM get there at 3:30AM leave at 4:00AM to start route. The hardest part of the job is riding on the back of it, wend the trash truck stops I haft to jump off get trash cans and dump them with out getting hit by cars. The best part of the day was going home with out getting hurt.
Pros
30 Min.
My experience
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GA hiAugust 11, 2018
No family time. Holidays off but you have to work the following Saturday. . management sucks. You will be paid low according to diesel mechanic standards. But you can make it up on overtime. The health insurance was high. The shop always had a smell I mean you working around trash all day.
Pros
Alot of hours.
Cons
No family time. Worked till 2 am nightly. Management sucks
stressful
Diesel Mechanic/Foreman (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCAugust 9, 2018
Expects too much of 1 person in a 24 hour period. Very understaffed in mechanics. Make promises and the management does not keep. On call 24 hours every day
Not good
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, SCJuly 22, 2018
I have been at Waste Industries 2 and a half years. During that time I have been picked on. I was not allowed to do my job. I was forced to give poor customer service. I wish the general manager knew everything that was going on. He is the highlight of the job. I wish he was around more. I quit this afternoon.
Pros
The general manager
Cons
Not being allowed to do my job. But being expected to jobs I couldn't do.
decent job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAJuly 8, 2018
hours no good for family man, get up to early and with babies dont get alot of sleep to begin with. with older children it would be easier to maintain the pace
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Fast pace and long hours
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 25, 2018
It was an ok place to work permanently but I was put on by a temporary agency as a part time worker making full time hours, my pay was too low for the amount of work that needed to be done (8.50/hourly) and I would work from 4am to whenever the route is done normally til 6pm or 8pm which restricted me from handling any business I needed to handle during the day.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2018
Waste Industries to me was a great place to work. It seem like they cared about their employees. They were always doing something to show the employees how apperative they were of us. Waste Industries offers great benefits.
Pros
Hour lunch
It’s a stressful place to work.
Front End Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 15, 2018
They add more stops to your route and we have to be off the clock by 3pm but yet want you to get every stop. The managers are not that bright they say one thing but do another also they fire you for petty stuff. They got cameras all over the trucks they say it’s for driver safety but it’s to spy on the drivers they gonna have a lot of drivers quit.
Pros
Pay
work Day
Driver Trainee Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 11, 2018
Start time was at 5am. Then it went from there. You would have about 10 stops a day unless you were call to help someone on their stops.It is a very strenious job.I liked the job because it was never a dull moment.
Pros
the money was Great
Cons
cut throat atmostphere/
Driver/loader for recycle
Recycling Truck operator (Current Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCJune 4, 2018
Drive recycle truck half of the day. Other half of day, I am up and down on back of truck picking up recycle bins. Can be rough sometimes getting up and down of back of truck. I like driving the truck.
Stressful work ,if u good at what you do,will make help out the slower works and you ebd up doing two to three routes
Front End Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 29, 2018
High risk job ,can lose your job at anytime,don't care for the drivers who the work horses at the company,never get to enjoy your breaks because they watch the truck with cameras and no when you stop for break and there come calling you to help out 90precent of the time.poor equipment that break down alot.
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Everyday is a high risk.
postive and safe enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 17, 2018
fast pace, productive, competitive and medium moral
employee management relation was good. positive motivation for safety driving. Good feed back for creative idea to improvement in safe driving.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
morality level
Easy job with low moral due to management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMay 11, 2018
The job is a really laid back job and easy once you have mastered the systems, however, a lot of micromanaging, not enough employee support, low moral, no room for growth/advancement, pay doesn’t match some employees job duties (some representatives are doing 3 in 1 jobs but only getting paid for 1), hard to get time off and mandatory meetings that inconvenience you.
Pros
Easy job, lunches provided occassionally
Cons
Salary doesn’t match job duties, time off availability
Poor management
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 8, 2018
Management does not stay long and some don’t have the required management skills to properly enforce DOT policies and plays favoritism and is very disrespectful to employees
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor management
Very busy work place
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 6, 2018
This is a very busy place to work. There is very poor communication between product lines. The work load is decent but the management is very poor in the product lines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about