Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 3,261 reviews matching the search See all 3,549 reviews
Summary
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Low starting pay, very minimal raises. Management cannot make a coherent decision based on personnel and vehicles. Trucks constantly in bad condition.
Pros
Team
Cons
Pay
Great work environment
HELPER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Good work atmosphere, physically aggressive, friendly environment, good management, flexible schedules, great pay, good benefits, room for advancement
great job untill new manager came in
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 14, 2019
my job was great until my two roll models and best bosses left and a new manager came in and made my life totall which made me have to quit which I never wanted to do
N/a
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Working at waste management was a different and unexpected experience. It was okay. The supervisor s were very rude and blunt. The company had very little organization.
Pros
Full-time
Cons
Short breaks
plant closed
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2019
wish the plant did not close . I loved my job and was never late or called off ,but the plant had a massive fire and had to let go of many employees .
sdfsdfjob
Roll Off Dumpster Driver (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 11, 2019
job was a good one good pay liked every min of it for the most part it was always something diff when you went into the land fill job was easy but people never run outta trash
Pros
good pay
Cons
n/a
Wm
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtahJanuary 11, 2019
Manages the day-to-day Collection and Post-Collection operations of multiple sites, establishes and maintains safety performance, productivity metrics and cost management processes. Develops, implements, and coordinates the safety program for the area.
Like being in special ed for drivers
DRIVER CDL (Former Employee) –  Wellford, SCJanuary 10, 2019
We were promised we would never work in the rain. But would be paid regardless for that day....lie.every morning at 330 am we had to line up for safety meeting like children and be told things you already know.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many restrictions...treat like you like you an idiot
A great career
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  West Sunbury, PAJanuary 9, 2019
I felt like they were fair with wages. The medical benefits helped out a lot with vision and dental. I couldn't ask for a better boss and the people I worked with were dependable.
Pros
The people
Cons
The snow
Great Job
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 9, 2019
I loved this job. Was hard work but the pay was fair and the company offered a lot of benefits to the employees. I wish I still had this job good company to work for.
Pros
pay
Cons
hard work and cold sometimes
My typical day at Waste Management
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 8, 2019
My typical starts as I get up early and try to get to work at least 25 minutes before the ‘start time’. In this way, I can avoid any delays due to traffic jams and can still be on time for work. Then, I sit down and plan the day. I jot down what all plans I have to complete and prioritize them depending on their urgency and importance. I check my voice mails and emails and the calendar and try to make plans such as organizing meetings and such. This way I can increase my pace for doing work and can be more productive for the day
Productive and fun environment
Setup Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2019
Company is a little bit fast paced and changes always suspected. A lot of different people around you. There is a cafeteria and a work out gym provided onsite.
Great benefits, would have loved to stay
ROLL OFF DRIVER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoyed my time with WM. The training was extensive and educational and I hope to be back with the company some day. The required schedule that was changed abruptly without much notice forced me to resign. WM has a lot to offer and I hoped to retire with them one day.
Terrible place
Trash Collector (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Not a good place to work for they aren’t good to union employees they treat the other employees who are nonunion a lot better than the ones who are union
Pros
Pay
MRF Operations 5th Supervisor in 1 year
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 7, 2019
Little to no training
50/50 Good vs Bad days
Cut-throat environment encouraged by manager/colleagues, creating an extremely discouraging work place
Pros
Frontline employees work hard in poor conditions (Cold, dusty, rat infested)
Cons
Training, environment, leadership
Excellent Company
Analytical Problem Solver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2019
I've been contact for over 2 years. Great management, very fair. They rarely hire permanent and I have been working for the same wage for 2 years. I asked for an increase and it was denied even though my work duties have tripled.
Could be an awesome company if management and upper management where change and knew what they were doing
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Mangment are young immature cause favoritisms throughout the departments. Either your in the crowd or your on your own kissing azz ever day. Old system, poor phone system. System needs to be update or re written so they can condense screens could make the job a lot easier and not so stressful. Having a real system and not having so many duplication of screens and ones we can do with out and having to go back and forth and it would speed up the system with not having so many things running! But for now , Doing to much for no money . Single person could not afford to live off this income there benefits terrible.
Pros
Relax Atmosphere
Cons
Harrasment favoritisms old equipment
Doing all the operators work for them and getting paid less than half of what they make
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Danville, INJanuary 5, 2019
Worste job you could possibly have,if you are a felon they frown upon that and treat you horrible there would not reccomend working for them at all if you are looking to advance and/or have beneficial things such as health care or dental benefits
Pros
N/a
Cons
They do not hire felons and underpay people who work for them through staffmax llc
Fast paced and stressful at times
Residential and commercial recycling driver (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAJanuary 5, 2019
I enjoyed working for Waste Management.
A typical workday is usually about 10 hours. Routes are large. Driver’s help each other out. Great benefits .
Pros
Great benefits, steady work
Was great place to work
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 4, 2019
This was a greatjob with very extensive training. Great pay and amazing benefits. The pace could be hectic but stay steady and busy and time went by quickly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Waste Management.

Powered by Comparably