Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 3,177 reviews matching the search See all 3,461 reviews
The most horrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sun ValleyNovember 19, 2018
Do not go there or work there. The people are ignorant, have no education. Honestly I rarely say this about people because I think people are smart but the people here have to be stupid.
Pros
Driving is easy
Cons
The smell of trash poor management
Waste
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2018
Waste management was very depressing because I seen dead animals such as dogs/cats/horses/ etc and came across a dead infant wrapped in a plastic bag. The smell was over the top. Not enough protection to cover your face and skin. But I needed to pay bills so I had to stick with my position until I was able to find another employer
Pros
Cons
very depressing
Company as a whole is amazing, however not all disstricts
Territory Manager/Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eastern NYNovember 19, 2018
Company offers flexible work schedule for those in the sales positions. As a whole, the company does an amazing job giving back to the community however specific districts fall short in this area.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
fun doesnt smell as bad as one would think
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LANovember 18, 2018
We were a subcontracted company put in charge of fabricating and manufacturing the control panels that went inside of garbage compactors used at various businesses from McDonald to nuclear plants.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 17, 2018
I loved working at waste management it keeps you on your toes. Great place to work the manager is super friendly. There is a lot of learning opportunity and growth.
work enviroment
rear load driver (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 17, 2018
I worked at WM for 1 year in that time the management experience was awful it now makes sense to me why there is always a hiring event or open positions in the Vero Beach, area other than that the work was hard and long butI I felt like I had accomplished something at the end of the day
Pros
good benefits great company
Cons
poor management
Fast paced and stressful
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, PANovember 16, 2018
Wasn’t horrible. Same as any other company. The harder you work the more they expect. Management had favorites and the favorites were the ones that were not very good at their jobs. However, the favorites were the ones that would advance. The good employees that bust their butts were held back from advancing for fear that they would never be replaced. Management is very unprofessional when interacting with employees. Too many rules and other bs to put up with. It’s just trash and the company makes it out like rocket science. Not much thinking involved in the job but the direction the company is going has drivers using tablets while driving instead of focusing on the road. Overall, good for something temporary. Puts a lot of wear and tear on your body.
Pros
Employees
busy
ROUTE MANAGER WASTE COLLECTION (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 15, 2018
Need to hire two route managers I worked there for a whole year and they never would hire an additional route manager. 6 days a week 12 to 14 hours a day. hard if you have a family
stable company but little to no chance for advancement
Swing Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UT 84088November 13, 2018
the company has good benefits for vacation,401k, life insurance, or stock options. But the company is set up so they have no liability for any thing that can go wrong. All employees sign off on all operations on I pads so any thing that breaks or fails is your fault.after being there 2 months I found I made the same as a 8 year employee
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very fast paced enviroment
Logistics account representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2018
I really loved working at WM and WMRA. The only reason I left is that I felt stuck and bored since I didn't want to become a sales person. The benefits are really good and the work/life balance was great.
Pros
Great work/life balance and benefits
Cons
Work can get repetitive
Typical day at work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 13, 2018
The job was OK but i feel i was under paid. The employee's and managers was great. Handled any situation professional. The company was full of veterans that you could learn a lot involving the company.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Short Breaks
WM Not just a job
Operations Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 12, 2018
WM is the Industry Giant and tends to be very innovative in solving clients Waste needs. Very fast paced environment. If one is flexible and willing to work in dusty areas, the money is good.
Waste management have good benefits and stock purchasing options
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MINovember 12, 2018
Waste management is a fine company with benefits and stock purchase I like the working hours are fix you don’t work pass 5:30 pm, people are friendly .
Pros
Set schedule
was a great place,
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Granite Quarry, NCNovember 12, 2018
Was a great place to work,It was a good while ago when I worked there.I have heard they made a lot of changes, some not for the better.I did get a lot of good training,
Pros
salery
Cons
hours
Fun
Garbage Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 11, 2018
It was a good business very professional. Clean office, customer service friendly, learned alot about the bussiness. If I had another oppurtinity I would work back at the business
Pros
Na
Ok place to work
Construction Desk Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MINovember 11, 2018
Pros
Never work on weekends,unless you’re in dispatch.
This company does have the ability to move around, I’ve had 2 promotions in 4 1/2yrs.

Cons
They “promote” employee referrals, but use outside recruiting sources that interview people who aren’t a good fit for the company and leave before 90 days. Can be a bit high school like with cliques.
Driver Trainer, Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2018
Room for advancement in management, especially if you're willing to relocate to another state. Union protects good workers, but also protects people that should be let go.
great coworkers, bad management
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WINovember 9, 2018
the job is smelly and working conditions are poor. the equipment was always breaking down. its a high pass fast moving job where making money is more important than the safety of the employees.
sexist environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elgin, SCNovember 7, 2018
sexuall harassed on a daily basis. discriminated against due to race. low pay. sleazy managers. crude language. drivers allowed to talk to women like women of the night
its a good job
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLNovember 7, 2018
WM have great Benefits and pay. They have long 10 to 12 hours days 6 days a week. They have high turn over rated due to strict a rules. They have a large fleet of trucks but struggles to keep them up and most are unsafe.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss