Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 3,408 reviews matching the search See all 3,715 reviews
My first sales job and I was lucky.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 25, 2019
I left to come home and get married. There was a lot of room for advancement in the company and they provided excellent training. They went above and beyond
Pros
Networking, travel. conventions
Cons
Wrong territory at the time for me
FUn place to work
Sales Executive - LEED Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 25, 2019
Get into office, make phone calls then go out and see prospective clients. Handle phone calls and come up with solutions to the issues. reach out to fins new customers, contract negotiate on pricing. try to find the best solution for the customer
I cannot tell too much of good things of the site I work for
Driver/part specialist (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 25, 2019
no motivation, constant stress , under paid , favoritism , honest hard work don't get financially recognized. Favorite people do. 40 hrs. paycheck equivalent of a Mcdonald's worker .
Pros
steady
Cons
low paycheck, stress, dead end, no motivation
Its cool
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2019
I would recommend it. Its fast paced and you learn a lot from being there. If you learn you can move up in the company. The benefits are good. I've learned a lot from bring here. You learn slot about what is done with waste materials.
Pros
Cons
Great
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMarch 22, 2019
Great place to work. Was given a company phone and vehicle so I did not have to put wear and tear on my vehicle for site visits and etc.
Very competitive industry.
I like this job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2019
This was a great place to work I enjoyed working here it was just that it wasn’t enough hours to be made in the week and the only way that you work 40 hours a weekI had to leave because I could make enough money working there
A means of survival
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 21, 2019
This company was contract based, thus I was not granted the ability to really established the gist of all the benefits or packages they offered. My tenure with the company was no long
Not a fun place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2019
Worked long hours. But no opportunity to move up. Manager had his favorites and preferred to use then rather than give a new guy a shot at being able to move up on the company
Pros
Good job. Lots of work
Cons
Very few breaks and lack money to be made no opportunity to move up in the company
Good job
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Wellford, SCMarch 20, 2019
Overall a good place, outside of the camera in your face and strict policies, you could be done in 9 hours or 14 up to you. Management is inconsistent with certain people. They change the policies almost weekly. If you can drive and not have camera events you’ll never have any problems.
Pros
Pay, time off, work/home life balance, benefits
Cons
Policy change weekly, camera, favoritism
outstanding
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLMarch 20, 2019
I help control operations ,the job is always exciting and challenging i love it here,the managers and district managers are all very knowledgeable. The drivers and mechanics are all excellent workers.
Fun easy job
Weigh Master (Former Employee) –  Tullytown, PAMarch 20, 2019
The work itself is pretty mundane, but it wasn't challenging. Often you'll have a lot of time to occupy. Coworkers are great for the most part. Company is competitive and offers decent benefits and pension.
great place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, FLMarch 19, 2019
great place to work job stability safe and friendly employees though think your all chiefs and don't let the actual management do the job they were paid to do.
Not for me
Trash Collector (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 19, 2019
On top of that pay being terrible the drivers didnt wanna give us breaks when we wanted them even thiugh we did all the work and its the rules so i couldnt do that.
Fast-paced, physical, stressful
RESIDENTIAL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMarch 19, 2019
All customers have unlimited accounts meaning that they can throw away as much trash as they want every week and you are required to collect it all. Very fast-paced. Trucks are complete junk. 2003-2005 models. They break down all the time, making your day longer and harder. Dispatch is always adding extra stops to your route and the route manager rides your back. The pay and benefits are pretty good $18.50 an hour. If you can handle the stress from dispatch, route manager, traffic and below par trucks than its not that bad of a job. Everyday starts at 4am. Weekends off except for after a holiday then you work the following Saturday at 2am.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Vacation/PTO time
Cons
Very hard work, long hours and junk trucks
They are heavy into work first, family second.
Driver (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 19, 2019
I was informed of a pay scale reform. I don't know if it went through. They do have the best benefit package out there by far, if you get through all the red tape. They are a big company and act like it. They pick favorites and coddle them.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Too many safety regulations
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAMarch 19, 2019
There were to many safety regulations the site manager at the time was all about herself and making herself look good to corporate but later heard she got fired two months after I quite
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Took many safety regulations, that it becomes stressfull making sure you addhear to everyone all the time
Nothing good
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZMarch 18, 2019
Waste Management is not the best company to work for because of the lack of progress. No opportunity to move up in the ranks and half the time the manager tries and pushes you to hard.
Cons
Short break/ no paid breaks
Grass Isn't Always Greener
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 18, 2019
Great COMPANY to work for, but like all companies there are good moments and bad moments. Management makes the difference, unfortunately my most recent experience with management at the has been a very poor experience. There are a lot of politics in Management. The kind of politics that make you decide between what "feels right" and "what's going to progress my career."
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Politics in Management
Thi so[lace sucks
DRIVER DUMP TRAILER (Former Employee) –  Derwent, OHMarch 18, 2019
Hard part of teh job was a typicla day what u learned manawnegnement workpleace culture the hard oart of the job the em=most enjy part of the job was oing
Pros
Lunch
Managing drivers
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMarch 17, 2019
I would get there at 2 am and do the SDO launch. After the huddle we would walk out and make sure all drivers were doing there pre-trips. Once they left I would get ready for my 9 am meeting with DM and we would talk about the top 3 and bottom 3 from the previous day. Once that was done I would hit the road doing Observations and checking in on sites.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss