Waste Management Employee Reviews

Found 3,065 reviews matching the search See all 3,340 reviews
waste management
Inside Commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Waste Management was a great place to work for five years, however advancement opportunities were very minimal. The money was great and bonus structure had me all smiles. Commercial sales was a great department.
Horrible place to work
Residential Refuse Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 18, 2018
If you love money more than anything else in your life then work here. If you value your life and family then this isn't the place for you, especially if you're black. If I could put less then 1 star I would. They won't allow me to post how I really feel so I'll just leave it at that.
Pros
abundant OT
Cons
everything else
Great pay and extremely good benefits but it’s a sweat shop
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 17, 2018
Waste Management is an okay job for those who want to work a lot and make a lot of money. Ours was Union. Which resulted in good pay (25.76 an hour) and extremely great benifits!! Commercial starts at 2am and you get off whenever. Usually 12-14 hours a day. Routes are always growing. Means longer days the longer you are there. A lot of guys who’ve been there for years look 10 years older due to the stress and lack of time for the gym or healthy eating. Managers were pretty good! Residential started at 530am with same pay. You can take home 1000 dollars a week working 54 hours a week. So all in all, it’s a good job, but maybe temporary. I just didn’t have it in me to keep working weird days off, nights and extremely long hours. Wide variety of new and ancient trucks. A lot of guys work there and do 6 days a week because they hate their wives and home life.
Pros
Benifits are amazing. Great pay. Union.
Cons
Long hours. Early start times. Co workers complain a lot
Really bad management in training locations flint Michigan
Driver in loader (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 17, 2018
These guys fired me due to bad performance took me over 6 weeks to even get a manager to come out in review me but when he did I did everything I was trained to do in I failed in got fired I wouldnt work for these guys ever again in if I new they was the way they was I wouldnt never have in the first place was a complete waste of my time.
Pros
Long hours nice pay
Cons
You will never take a lunch but they will still take your money as if you did.
No set time to get outits when you finish everything
Helper (Former Employee) –  Pen Argyll, PASeptember 17, 2018
All they want You to do is keep moving can't even get a break when you ask for one then when you get off break they want you to pack out another truck or help someone else even if you was alone an no one helped you
Pros
You workout for free
Cons
Go in clean comeout disguting workin all weather conditions
Nice place to work.
Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
WM is a nice place to work. We have an excellent CEO and leadership team that delivers on their commitments to the company. Depending on the department, opportunities for growth can be limited.
Not a good place to work
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 16, 2018
When it comes to advancing its not about what you know but more about who you know. I have over 25 yrs service and was overlooked for a position that I’ve been working for my entire career. On paper and in field experience I was more qualified for the job but the person that got the position was a friend of the person doing the hiring. I have done whatever this company has asked and was as engaged of an employee as a person could be. I have seen a lot of good employees get fired over minor rule infractions and bad employees keep their jobs with major rule infractions because of who they knew. It’s sickening to me to walk away from a job that I put so much into knowing that I’m a better qualified person for the job. I used to stand up for the company whenever I would hear people talking negatively about it but after what they did to me I promise to let my story be heard.
wm
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WASeptember 14, 2018
wm is a well running business they treat their employees well.
the only thing is during the winter its a little stressful.

just a good place
Pros
good place
Cons
cameras in cab of trucks
fun and good learning experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 13, 2018
perfect time and work experience, good to work in that fun place. Enjoyed my time there.

Everything work well!!!!

Traveling around was exciting!!!
fun place
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 12, 2018
great place to work if you're looking to grow your career for the long term. Great leadership and management program for people who want a normal 9-5 job clocking in and out!
Pros
great
Cons
breaks
Friendly Environment, Great Benefits, and lots of room for growth
SBS (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 12, 2018
Plenty of opportunities to move up. Company offers great benefits even for those employees in the lowest positions. Pay could be more competitive, but overall great environment and place to work.
Its a kool place
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Sun Valley, CASeptember 12, 2018
Some of the people that I work with are very nice and friendly and are willing to help you when u need the help. And some of the Managers are nice. Over all it's a nice place to work at
Pros
Cons
Dont get pay the holiday because im only a temporary
Fun place
Helper (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 12, 2018
Has gatorades and food allthe time for its employees. The staffis great with our safety meetings in morning . and also great with putting the guyson good safe routes
Pros
Being outside
Cons
Long drive times
Usually a relaxed place to work
Sorter, presort (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
A good place to work with great benifits. Management is great too. Sometimes we get under 40 hours due to machines going down though. Or lack of material.
Pros
Paid vacation, great benifits
Cons
Smell, pay dont really ever increase
productive, interesting
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR/FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HI 96707September 11, 2018
busy establishment, hours of operation was 6 days a week. Lack management it was uncooperative, not a very big establishment and not many employees for the Hawaii island of Oahu. Too much waste and not properly managed.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dirty dusty
Collaborative Workplace with supportive management
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure at WM, and would return tomorrow! Upper management is extremely supportive and very engaged. The culture is very family centric and inspires employees to do a great job.
driver
Commercial Driver/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 10, 2018
high paced job great people amazing location that has long term employment for those that seek a career allow family time at home with a great salary to provide a great life
Good benefits, poor managment
ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 9, 2018
Great health, dental and vision benefits. Worked as contactor at third party location. Enjoyed normal work week schedule and ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
Wasn't a very fun place to work
Front End Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 8, 2018
I thought that the management was very poorly ran a treated people like a number if you had any problems they just didn't care felt like all the overtime and helping on other routes management never really appreciated it like I said just felt like a number
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Healthcare benefits in made pretty good money
Terrible Management
Digital Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 8, 2018
I left this company because of awful management. I have friends who wants to work & I always tell them to runnnnn. There is a reason this company is always hiring. They have such a high turnover. People would literally walkout for lunch and not return lol. That says a lot. If you get hired here & just need the money. I suggest you work here until you find another job. Pronto!!!!
Pros
Benefits & Pay Raises
Cons
Management Very Dysfunctional place to work. You will find yourself on fmla.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

80out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Waste Management.

Powered by Comparably