Waste Pro USA Employee Reviews

Told I would make 17.50 per hour. No thanks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fla.March 13, 2019
Non stop fast paced. Long hours. Chinese over time. ($5.00 per hour). On average I made $12.72 per hour for busting my rump and performing well. I worked on the back, driving, in the yard. Helped other routes. Trucks were always bteaking down. Had to start at 4am. I'VE SEEN BETTER DAYS
Pros
Na
Cons
Too many to name
poor management
Vacuum Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Gautier, MSFebruary 26, 2019
Very poor management at the top. Company lost a huge contract at a local refinery due to the manager only putting one man per truck when the contract called for two. Was trying to cut cost to pad his bonus. Drivers lost jobs. He kept his
HIgh Stress
Regional Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Florida City, FLFebruary 22, 2019
Company should be more professional and consistent with policy. Great people and a small company feel, which is good and bad. It is great to be busy and there is always plenty of work to do. SOme people are petty and there is a lot of high school drama on occasion.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Inconsistent with following policies
Different experience
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2019
It made m look the industry different once you see what kind of challenges they come thru on a daily basis. Also gives you a better perspective in how to handle your daily solid waste.
Work too many hours getting paid less only $130 a day 12 hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 14, 2019
The job itself is okay working too many hours getting paid Chinese overtime which is should be legal I think they said sometime they treat you like little kids talk to you different or two men and I'll get paid less
Pros
Half the people work they're also getting mistreated but overall it's okay just poor management
Cons
They pay you Chinese overtime more hours you work less you get paid
Disrespectful
Front End Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 29, 2019
Worse people to work,no respect many hours don't pay over time, racism no good are all. Never haved good tuck environment stressful.I don't recommend this company for nothing.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Ran by Idoits
Residential Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Just dont do it...Unless u need it that bad. $5 Overtime pay THATS RIGHT $5 DOLLAR OVERTIME PAY!!!!an hr and sumtimes ur workin 10/12/14hr days in the HOT SUN. They expect you to finish your assigned route and help others with $5 DOLLAR FREAKIN OVERTIME!!! No to mention the old broken trucks they send you out on. Favoritisms for all of the spanish workers becuz majority of supervisors are SPANISH. Apply at your own risk frfr
Pros
Money
Gone without warning
CDL Class B Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2019
New Manager let me go cause he said a street was missed in my summary but it was not on my summary he set me up
its alot of work but the pay is decent
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
hard labor not appreciated
si
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2019
oportunidades en otras sucursales y mejor salario
Pros
hay beneficos medicos
Cons
si hay tiempo
Terrible dont do it unless you are desperate
Garbage Collector (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Poor management that plays favorites. Trucks brake down every other day. They do not pay you time in a half overtime! They pay "Chinese overtime" which maybe eight dollars an hour. Start at 6am lucky to be off by 8pm for a whooping $150 a day salary. Average salary is 32,000 per year.
Pros
Christmas bonus $150
Cons
Late hours with little to no extra pay
Fun work place keeps me focused and anger free stress free
Garbage Truck Helper (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL also pembroke pinesJanuary 3, 2019
Cool coworkers respectful caring like family also we hang out joke talk about future and life goals made sure each other as co workers have each other's back.
Pros
Free lunches hang outs help with what every even after work
Cons
More extra time wiitch is more money
Not a good work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bunnell, FLDecember 18, 2018
Poor management and very low moral, they lose workers on the daily there is know type of team unity.there is no type of safety enforcement everyone is for themselves and routes are to long
Pros
They have ok benefits
Cons
No lunch break and you eat on the run
Challenging and Life Changing Workplace
Residential Helper (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLDecember 15, 2018
This job is for real men . Many negative comments about management but worry about your own job title . It’s sumole do your job go home and you’ll live
Pros
Physicality, Bonus opportunity, Free Workout
Cons
Negative image, Unappreciation, Negative coworkers, Lazy Drivers
can be tressfull from time to time
Sanitation Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 12, 2018
its on ok place to work lot of truck problem witch interm set you back a lot to complete you route in time.and the route are some of the biggest problem they are way too big
Trucks are all to far gone!
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 5, 2018
The trucks are all in very very bad shape, as a example they had me weld a driver door shut! That was just so they could have that truck to pick up trash they didn’t care about who was driving it or if someone got hurt! Shifts are very insane way to much over time, an there always changing shifts around.
Stay To Yourself
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSDecember 3, 2018
If you love riding in hot and uncomfortable TRUCKS , this is the job for you. Just stay yourself at this job. Please just go to work do your job , and go home.
Pros
It’s A Job
Cons
Low pay
Good job
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Gautier, MSNovember 29, 2018
The job is very nice but the hours are long and hard. starting at 1 pm and working till 3-4 am very day. They really need to consider having 3 shifts a day instead of 2. having 8 hr shifts instead of working 12-16 hr days.
Working safely at an substantial pace
Hoper (Former Employee) –  Gautier, MSNovember 27, 2018
I had to deal with the public, basically I learned not to bring my personal feelings to work because that would be bringing stress on top of stress to work. I am very experience at customer relation.Also knows how to give excellent customer service. I am very responsible and dependable when it comes to performing my duties. I enjoy working with the public very much and can work independently, with minimal supervision.
Pros
Able to work independentaly
Cons
Dealing with the challenge of the weather.
Excellent Work Life Balance
Fixed Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 12, 2018
Great company, excellent work life balance for hours. Easy to take time off and work extra or take a laptop home to catch up as a salaried employee.

Management supports learning, does as much as they can to help. Communication could be loads better. That's the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable is the ease of creating lasting relationships with coworkers and gaining their knowledge to learn and grow in any position.
Pros
Casual work environment, great coworkers
Cons
Sometimes hard to please management, communication
Good pay and Benifits, job security
Diesel Truck Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 4, 2018
Privately owned company treat employees very well. They are very nice people. Company is always growing and purchasing the latest waste equipment including compressed natural gas engines. Currently operate in nine states offering the ability to transfer to different locations. Plenty of room to advance within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Pro USA. Our community is ready to answer.