WATCO COMPANIES Employee Reviews

Layed back atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellston, OKDecember 5, 2018
Managers was good to the Team Members. You're not called an employee you are a TEAM MEMBER you are treated with respect. Just do your job stay busy everything will be goodf
Loved working at Watco
ADMIN ASSISTANT LEGAL/RISK MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSDecember 4, 2018
I loved working at Watco. I would recommend getting hired into the Watco family to anyone. They have great benefits and employee recognition. Overall just a great company to work for.
Wonderful company, wonderful employees, overall great place to be employeed!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSNovember 8, 2018
Working at Watco companies allowed me to be flexible with my hours, considering I was in school as well. The environment is overall uplifting & motivates you to succeed. Watco has been one of the best jobs I’ve had!
not good thay suck
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 5, 2018
giting lade off no worning thay don't care we don't care it is not that good place to be at all wood not tell no one to go there ever if you know what I mean.
Watco Companies
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMNovember 5, 2018
Watco Companies was a wonderful company to work for and it's unfortunate that they are closing their doors. The management and team members were a wonderful group to work with and I have enjoys my time with them.
Pros
Safety lunches
Poor managment top to bottom no quality assurance.
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsville txOctober 17, 2018
Lack of leadership, poor managers and leads receive no punishment even when given proof of short commings on the job i.e. leaving shop all day with no leadership pressence with new people on the floor, sleeping under cars, not providing proper training. No quality control, processes not followed impacts used to tighten valves on gaskets torque sequences not followed all to finish cars on time. If auditors really knew what went on here they would take there equipment to someone else. STAY AWAY the money isnt worth prison time for cutting corners on this job.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Management and everything else
Really loved this place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 13, 2018
I really loved working for Watco. It is a layedback kinda job but work itself gets a little busy at times but not a 24/7 rush. The employees are amazing and so is the managment. The only reason I left is because we relocated and it was to far for me to drive back and forth
Great Place
Blaster/Painter (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAOctober 6, 2018
Watco was the first place to teach me how to become a man. The work team that I was working with inside the blast shop was excellent we always about one another.
Lots of hours
Engineer/Conductor (Former Employee) –  Rupert, IDSeptember 24, 2018
When I worked there management was terrible. They micromanaged crews all the time they were always adding to the work load which made it really tough and hard to be happy. But overall it paid well just lots of hours
Great Place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 21, 2018
Great Place to work with lots of advancement if your willing to put in the hard work to build your team up. Highly recommended. Great team work with lots of reward at the end.

Want to know more about WATCO COMPANIES?

Ask a question
Safe and productive work place
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARSeptember 19, 2018
Watco is the best industrial job I’ve had I’d recommend anybody who desire industrial work to give them a try first, they’re great with creating opportunities and preparing you for a life time career
its a good job to get your foot in the door
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Green River, WYAugust 25, 2018
this job is not something i would make a career out of i feel as if i am treated poorly. the politics are really bad and they will fire people for no reason.
Pros
good money and benefits
Watco
Revenue Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSAugust 22, 2018
Great place to work especially if you are from the area. They are heavily involved in the community and take pride in doing so. The pay is good for the area but can easily be beaten in bigger cities with the same responsibilities.
Pros
Railroad Retirement
Cons
Dismal office space
Great Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 3, 2018
Working with Watco has been the highlight of my professional career. During my time with the Company, Watco has proven to be a progressive, safety oriented, and equal opportunity employer. For advancement, Watco looks to promote from within and each team member is given every opportunity to progress and succeed. The training at my location is frequent, thorough, and very useful as it is specific to on-site service. The Management team truly cares about the team members and makes every effort to demonstrate that their health and safety is the number 1 priority. I have also met upper management on to site visits and they are caring, skilled, and great leaders as well. I only have great things to say about this Company.
Pros
Great corporate culture, great pay, great benefits
Not enough training, starting pay is terrible, management isnt very good
CMO (Former Employee) –  Green River, WYJune 22, 2018
Not a very comfortable place to work, office is old and falling down not to mention that the mice are part owners of it. No shop or lean to-to work under so working in the elements and heat isn't an option. Equipment is old and is constantly needing attention. Basically no training what so ever, its pretty much learn on your own or drown. Not impressed at all in the location managers and their secrecy about every thing. On call 24/7 with no compensation for weekends that you don't get called but must stay close in case something happens. Change in anything at the location is very hard. No company vehicles or buses to ride for the commute.
Company only cares about the bottom line
Transportion Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2018
I worked for the Dallas office of this company for 2 months. The manager left for vacation telling me what a wonderful job I was doing, only on the day he came back from vacation and fired me with absolutely no warning at all. Told me numbers were low, even though I was still training. Training was a joke. It was like giving someone on the street a medical manual, putting them in a surgery room, and telling them to remove this man heart. Combined with the incestuous office atmosphere, the typical sleasy salesman lying mentality, and the overall cheapness of the office, (I had to supply my own office supplies), I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Load Operator (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDJune 7, 2018
Great place to work and grow, management was 50/50
They pick who they want for certain positions based on how much they like you..
It’s corporste ran but the facility is in the middle of nowhere.
I wouldn’t be where I am today had I not been selected after my interview. I applied 9 times.
It was definitely a diamond in the rough job.
I learned a great deal of information.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Cold weather management was 50/50 people that had power shouldn’t have been in that position
Always something new
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2018
Very busy, always something new, wear jeans, lots of Excel data entry Process and coordinate daily requests for customer transactions. Complete paperwork for customer load requests. Maintain customer spreadsheets and generate reports. Track product volume for individual customer, per product type. Communicate with customers as needed, providing information, answering questions and responding to emails. Working with and creating spreadsheets per customer needs.
questionable integrity
Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Management is a tight knit group and does what they want, regardless of "what may be right". This may not be true for all management at Watco, but it was true for the people I interacted with. HR didn't respond to my complaints or concerns.
Company Shut Down
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Midland, PAMay 1, 2018
Work was mostly done outside in the weather. Plant was closed. Employees were all laid off. Little effort was made to accommodate relocation or other job opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WATCO COMPANIES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.1InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

1.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight