Waterbury Hospital

Waterbury Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Community Hospital
Small community hospital culture, great outcomes, nice people
Everyone smiles and staff are friendly

Great nurses and staff - patient care awards for top outcomes
Administration does not value nurses
I have worked here for 13 years. Over the years it has gone from being a non profit organization to a for profit organization. It has not changed for the good.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
Overwork of nurses
Great people. Excellent place to work. Newer management but doing well. Pay is decent but the people are like family. Many have been there for a very long time.
Horrible place to work
The atmosphere there was depressing and job security in a constant state of uncertainty. There were no raises for years. There was never anything positive. They just kept complaining about the hospital having no money. Supplies were always scrutinized.
Not great to work for

Pay ok

Too much gossiping

To many clicks
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
excellent experience
This was a great place to be. My instructor was excellent and taught me many fundamental skills and was very supportive. I never felt overwhelmed and the staff was always very welcoming. The environment was fun yet professional, and I appreciated getting to laugh and learn at the same time. I guess the hardest part of the job would be paperwork, but it was honestly not bad. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team.
productive and fun workplace
A positive environment and friendly staff in the HR department. My efforts and work were constantly appreciated. The job was a temp, however, they were satisfied with my work ethics and knowledge that they kept offering me new projects.
Fast pace
Place is a fast paced environment that keeps nursing staff on their toes. Must be able to manage multiple patient being covered my multiple teams.
Union is helpful
A waste of career time
They are always looking for ways to take away from the little people. If you are not a nurse, which have the best union, management Is brutal! Not worth a second look. They clearly entertain too many committees to make them selves look productive. MANAGEMENT IS A JOKE. EMPLOYEES MEAN NOTHING
Behind the times
It's a great place to start a career, but some of the equipment and policies seem to be a little outdated. Some managers are better than others. They are union which helps to provide adequate pay.
N/a
Great hospital to work. Good benefits, such as pension, raises and health insurance. Union hospital. It is a community hospital where people mostly know each other.
Productivity
it was a really nice place to work at. If you like to work an an environment that has a lot of team work that occurs then Waterbury Hospital would be the place for you. There is a fast pace at all times mostly in the Emergency Department. You are always felt welcomed when it comes to all employees.
Worst place I have ever worked in my career
This was by far the worst place I have ever worked. I think that the CEO is very likable and tries at times to do right by the community but he does nothing to manage his leadership team. Dealing with HR was a mixed bag in the sense that they support management but not the employee. I observed a lot of nepotism, discrimination and compliance issues. The CFO is the worst in the industry but because he is essentially a "used car salesman" he gets away with acts of discrimination and other issues that would get the hospital in trouble on the state and federal level.
The leadership is all about self-preservation and don't care about their employees or the patients receiving care. The parent company condones this toxic environment. Run don't walk if offered a job here. Nothing enjoyable about the job.
Fun but too far
As an online intern, Waterbury Hospital had a lot to offer and a lot to fix. I strongly suggest the management to train their staff better and offer better benefits.
Pros
Parking Space
Cons
Healthcare, Management
provides learning experience
It is a nice place to work at but with my job title there is not enough opportunities to pick up extra time. The pay is good but the hours are not enough for me.
Great experience
Challenging floor which has enabled me to utilize my critical thinking skills and advance them.
ACLS certification is required for this unit.

Fast paced environment.
Delusional dysfunctional management
This is a hospital that on the surface appears functional and managed well, but it is highly dysfunctional behind the scenes. Administration lives in a fog with no real solid plan for moving forward. Everything they do is superficial. It is a much darker place to work if one digs deep. They will let you go without warning and go about their business without a backup plan like nothing is wrong. One word: DELUSIONAL!
Pros
Cons
Management, Administration
Different per my other experiences
Hiring process is unhealthy for career growth but I had a great relationship with my IT director and experienced autonomy with respect to my duties and responsibilities because of her.
Pros
Freedom to be creative and lead
Cons
Management structure
Great Place to Work
A great work environment with staff that works together. On the floors or even in the ED, nurses and PCAs use teamwork to accomplish tasks. I have learned so much from this facility.
Fun place to start my career
Good place to start my career as a Phlebotomist. Great people to work with. Benefits were fine, tuition reimbursement programs offered. They did offer career advancement
Great people tough times
Waterbury Hospital has some great people. If it werent for the mismanagement for years, the abuse by the state of Connecticut and the Unions taking advantage of the organization for years I probably would still be working there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waterbury Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
4.8Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Waterbury Hospital Reviews by Location