Watermark Retirement Communities
55Below average

Watermark Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

United States194 reviews
Management is not involved at all. There isn’t any room for advancement as all of the accounting staff are 50+. Unless you are close with Kelly they will find a way to push you out.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Poor management
Excellent job, everyone is very welcoming and supportive. I enjoy serving the residents, you definitely make life long friends and companions. I love it here
Not family-friendly! The company will run you into the ground. You will not see your family if you're a salaried employee. Super stressful work environment. Anywhere is better than here. Do not be fooled by the first three days.
Pros
Cons
Not a company you want to grow with
the new manager is greedy and arrogant always power tripping. no raise and very low pay so stay away or you will just waste your time here and will get stressed all your life!!!!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay greedy management
They made it seem like such a great place to work when I first started. I had planned to work here indefinitely, as I genuinely liked the routine with some flexibility.
But as soon as budgets cuts came rolling in; You, a lowly hard-working employee who is surviving off a measly 1600 dollars a month, gone. Typical corporation. Don't waste your time. Find a place that cares about you and your work.
The company’s leadership has shifted and changed, and not for the better. Once a group that was flawed but supportive, now is unrecognizable and a significant disappointment. Does not walk the walk of its own claimed culture any longer.
The ADMINISTRATIVE, DON AND NURSE. They are very clicky, if you don't do all the dirty work for them, they retaliate and let you go! The admin is racist and favors her own! They make someone who knows what isn't right take yhe fall for the one nurse who is favored! They don't like strong nurses, they want puppets! It's always you against them!
Poor management and toxic culture. There are many other companies out there that have higher standards and morals.
One of the many concerns that disgusted me, too many to list, was when I witnessed two employees making fun of a handicapped individual who was actually one of our nurses. These are the same people that are

supposed to be advocating for people

that have struggles. I found that low character was common in the community, so I quit after three months.
No management support. As soon as a family was unhappy the management company looked for a fall guy and they put numbers above cares or programming. Watermark gives too much power to their Executive Directors and allows them to act in their behalf in falsely accusing employees to satisfy families that are upset at not getting their way. They act in fear of a false review versus good cares and the truth.
They treat everyone like slaves and pay is so bad even with covid 19 they never gave us a pay raise while we were risking our lives not only that part timers or students like me never got any benefits
More like skilled nursing home, residents are not properly taken care of and lot of gossip that goes on. Backstabbing staff!! Very stressful always short staffed and a very heavy work load for little pay. Don’t appreciate good workers.
Pros
The residents and families!
Cons
Pay, heavy work load, gossip, backstabbing staff, underpaid, Not appreciate at all! No communication whatsoever!
Wonderful place to work, loved my job! Management very caring Excellent training program They really care about the residents, and their care Every employee is valued
Med tech pay is under 16$ per hour !! they ask your salary requirements as if they are any where close and invite you for a interview knowing they can’t afford to pay you even close to what you’re asking . They should disclose that before having people rush in for a second interview wasting everyone’s time.
Very thorough training. Culture feels like a family and values their associates.
Our Executive Director makes sure that we are on track and communicates regularly and effectively. She truly cares about her associates!
I was welcomed into the company and given the tools needed to make my job successful for me personally and for the company. We worked together daily to provide an extraordinary environment for the resident to grow and thrive.
Worst management ever..
No communication

Turn over rate is crazy

Your just a body

Just not recommended

Not a "true" assisted living

Better pay other places
racist and treat African Americans like we re nt humans,they won't pay your vacation money once you leave.look for every way to deduct your pay checks
Despite self sacrifice and extraordinary results, new "leadership" with their own agenda can minimize and dismiss those sacrifices and results. Committed to the bottom line for themselves, these new "leaders" care nothing about what once made the company a positive environment. Those days are long over, never to return.
The residents here are wonderful and truly appreciate everything you do for them. But the ED is a bully to employees and directors she doesn't like. Quick to point out when she doesn't think someone is doing their job, but everyone is supposed to overlook her clique of mgmt friends that hang out in her office braiding each other's hair. The Dir of Nursing is a young girl in over her head, that lacks leadership skills. The Sales Dir treats residents like dirt once she gets them in the door. The Community Life Dir passes all her work off to her assistants, is so disorganized, but thinks she knows everything, and never misses the chance to remind you she's in charge. The amount of turnover at this place is crazy, but nothing is ever done about it. Think twice before coming to work here.
Got hired was there two days caregiver sleeping in closet another caregiver gone for 2 hours in there memory care unit complained to supervisor.Day 3 was asked to do meds and got call next day saying im on suspension for giving meds i was told to do.....never got a call back about work ....blackballed over telling on co workers that are favoured.This place is unprofessional and terri will run you out if she isnt to her likings
This is a good job for people who are just starting out. The are very helpful and it is very easy to make friends. This job does not have the best safety circumstances and can be a little dangerous as management does not do there job to keep the place safe all the time.
Pros
Great place to work, nice people, great pace.
Cons
Safety hazards, some rude people.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Watermark Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7