Watermark Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Low paying, unorganized, poorly ran community
Server (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 15, 2018
The only real joy in this job was helping the residents. Most of them are very sweet and will show their appreciation for you. Management seems to just make decisions on the fly, without thinking about what's needed or even actually possible. Pay raises and advancement opportunities are meager at best. If you start at $10 an hour, after 1 full year you have an opportunity to get up to a 2.5% raise (25 cents). This will only happen if you actually have a review and ace it, and then if hr actually processes that raise.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Raises capped at 2.5%, terrible management
Not a great place to work
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 25, 2018
Useless executive director, unqualified Human Resources Director, favoritism, nepotism, egos, arrogance, back stabbing, gossiping, theft from maintenance director.
Pros
Benefits even though it’s lousy
Cons
No Oversight
Rewarding Place to Work
Concierge/Front Desk Management (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 13, 2018
If you enjoy working with and serving senior citizens, then this is the most appropriate and enjoyable place to apply. The staff works cooperatively to help meet company goals and objectives, in order to meet the overall needs of the residents and their families, and all internal/external clients.
Pros
Flexible hours - Great for College Students or for earning extra income
Cons
Benefits are nearly non-existent or either too expensive for PT employees, Low salary--not commensurate to inflation/increases and constantly changing economic trends
Great Place to Work
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 5, 2018
This is a company you feel like really cares about you as an employee. The benefits are great and the environment is friendly and comfortable. Always enjoy my 8+ years with Watermark!
Great teamwork
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PADecember 3, 2018
I loved it at Rose Tree Place. All of the nursing staff worked together and the management were pretty cool. The residents were so nice and the facility is beautiful and clean. They have all sorts of events and they do nice things for the staff there. Pay wasn't that great but the work wasn't as hard as your average nursing home. I wish I still was there but I did something stupid and got fired. But I'd still tell people they should totally work there. I looked forward to go to work every day at my time there.
Pros
Half hour lunches, great food, nice people, teamwork.
Cons
Pay could be a little better
Workers work together
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2018
The work is not bad as far as hard. However the hours are the worst one week you may have hours the next your may not have any, so there was no steady pay or room to grow! No benifits or any sick or vacation time we didn't even get uniform allowances.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not enough hours or ant benifits
Terrible company to work for
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 3, 2019
This company did NOT paint a clear picture of the position I was hired for. If they had, I would have not taken it. I was NOT told about more then half of the job on interview. I found out my first week that I was steered in the wrong direction. I tried to get HR involved to resolve and upper management declined. You can not work with them at all even after the inaccurate interview. So now I am under paid for a position I don't even want. If you apply for this company get your responsibilities in writing before you accept. They have it but they will give it to you after you start. My interview was very misleading and they will do nothing about it. So be sure you know what your getting into, as I left a better position to work for a misleading company.
Pros
Pay check but it's definitely not enough for what is expected
Cons
Everything about this company is a con
Hourly staff are looked down upon by management
Business Office Support (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 22, 2018
Management looks down upon the hourly staff. There is no positive reinforcement. Hourly staff are treated like disposable staff right from the start. There is not much consideration toward hourly paid staff. Management makes innuendos and demands rather than treat you like part of the team. You quickly realize your part of a different team. Training is by watching someone then being told to figure it out afterwards. Spent 2 days watching someone do their work, then told good luck when they went on vacation. I was left with duties that needed to be shown and explained. I wasn't given the chance to actually perform them with any guidance or questions answered. Other management staff will demand you do other things without any directive or help. There are people there who will make you realize real quick you are not worth trusting because you are an hourly employee.
Pros
Not much
Cons
No training, management has no consideration for hourly staff. No positive reinforcement.
Residents are the Best Part about this place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Being with the Residents is the most enjoyable part about the community and job... However there is not effective leadership to help coach and direct management to bring up the moral of the community. i believe it starts form the top down and its just not in each of the Directors, they are more robotic due to all corporate paperwork and requirements, and the Directors have no experience when they hire, or some just dont want to relate to associates.
Pros
coffee, residents, staff
Cons
benefits, Management, Ed
My Experience
Clinical Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 4, 2018
They pay was great but when it comes to management horrible. The services they had to offer to the patients and employees were alright because there were pto and health benefits but no comfort or concern for emergency situations.
It’s nice to work at in the meantime
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 25, 2018
Overall I love working there but with so much DRAMA going on there between different shifts you just don’t know what to be prepare for. I love working with the residents but the females around that place SMH you have to have thick Skin to work in a place like that and management DONT make it no better it’s like they like the drama and continue to allow it to happen so thumbs down for me
Pros
Residents
Cons
Staff/Management
Watch your toes and mind your tongue
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2018
Most of the time, every front line staff member will do everything they are allowed to do for residents. When it comes to helping another employee, most will ask for help but not return the favor, and will be quick to throw another under the bus to save themselves. And don't expect any one to stand up in your defense, everyone is replaceable. Recognition of hard work is given for housekeeping, servers, and maintenance teams.
Pros
hard to come by
Cons
culture
Terrible place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 3, 2019
First off I couldn't do this without putting a star but I'll make this clear, this place dont deserve any! This was the worst place i have ever been!! Rasist/discriminating people. The managers are disgusting people, they only care about money. I seen people get away with neglecting the residents, refusing to change , feed , shower or attend to any of their needs. They're paying thousands of dollars to basically not be taken care of. The managers set people up and lie to fire people..This place is a dam joke !!!
Cons
The whole place is an issue
Interview made it sound like a wonderful place.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Extremely short staffed. No DON only temps, no shows to skilled nursing. The staffing supervisor had to work the floor every day I was there after her full day of work. Staff that oriented me my whopping 2 days of orientation told me the truth. One wanted to quit the other said there are frequent no shows and nurse shortages every shift. A time clock out of Fahrenheit 451.No parking. Marked late for clocking in one minute late. My second day both other nurses were over 30m late coming in and yet on orientation was told by hr that it was patient abandonment for being allowed to go home 15 minutes early even though orientor nurse was still there. I told her during orientation the orientee nurse is not in the count . It’s a vindictive uncomfortable facility. Archaic medication documentation is all on paper mars.
A nightmare scenario. Required to wear a horribly unprofessional “uniform “ fit only for retail - nursing unit looked more like a Best Buy than a facility. Uniforms are not protective from patient fluids.
Pros
Cons
Totally for profit not patient or employee centered
productive environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 29, 2017
overall I like working at 3030 Watermark I just hope for a better raise and acknowledgement like rewards that I should have been awarded for my dedication and hard work. being appreciated and acknowledge for what you do daily goes along way action speaks louder then any words for me. I should be making my goal pay of $16-$20 an hour RIGHT NOW. I enjoy my residents and co workers and the feeling is mutual :)
Pros
Love my JOB!
Cons
BENEFITS are not SO great:( DO not get holiday pay for ALL Holidays:( NO work Differential :(
Terrible assistive living management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 25, 2018
Assistant Director showed favoritism and does not care about residents. Very rude and terrible at keeping staff and usually will give 20+ to a single caregiver. Does not help out and prefers to let you drown. Most coworkers are rude but due to being overworked.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, understaffed, terrible management
Professionals: beware
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2018
Very poorly trained staff. Any person who believes the resident comes first will not fit in here. Poor management. Basic infection control practices ignored. If you believe in quality care-don't even apply.
Pros
Short commute for me. Worked with great program director. Wonderful residents.
Cons
Everything else.
Theft, Gossip, Back stabbing
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 2, 2018
Bring your own equipment and it gets stolen, bully environment, management does't have time to listen to you. Charge nurse gives zero support to floor nurses, never leave on time, other nurse constantly complain about working there, all show upon hire, then reality sets in. Left after one month. Big waste of time.
Pros
Cons
everything about this employer
Director of Staff Development (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 25, 2018
Management are supportive. Embracing diversity. Excellent and safe environment to work. Their Mission is CREATING EXTRA ORDINARY AND INNOVATIVE COMMUNITY WHERE PEOPLE THRIVE.
Outstanding
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Each day is filled with job satisfaction, learning and growing. We are new to Watermark, recently joining in August. To date, I have only experienced a company who is dedicated to its Associates.
Pros
Great Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Watermark Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.