Waters Corporation Employee Reviews

Lots of work
Server (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 23, 2019
Fast paced walking to even running to keep up with demand. On feet for almost entire shift. Expect newbies to get paid more than you. Seniority means almost nothing.
Warehouse distribution
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 31, 2019
Overall company is a good place to work. I worked in the distribution center, which was the bottom of the barrel to them. We were definitely treated like that. Worked there for 4 years and was treated like dirt. Not once did i feel like i was appreciated by management.
Waters has sprung a leak
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 25, 2019
new management only cares about making money & no longer gives it all to their employees & their families like they used to. Now you must constantly look over your shoulder looking for when the ax will hit you!
Sinking ship with poor leadership
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 17, 2019
Waters has the potential to be a great place to work but they have the wrong people in management positions. There is a culture of fear and lack of trust. Gossip is rampant and the environment is not collaborative. The lack of communication creates resentment and unhappy people. The health benefits are awful and the lack of maternity/paternity time is embarrassing and cruel.
Pros
onsite gym
Cons
Management, lack of innovation, benefits, culture
Lots of learning opportunities
Mechanical Engineer, Instrument Development Group (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 3, 2019
While at waters, I had immense opportunities of real world engineering exposure. I got my hands real dirty real quick; I had been placed on the project team working on a new set of binary gradient module for ultra high performance liquid chromatography pumps. The pumps were going to be tested to check for leaks, under high pressure with different fluids such as liquid carbon dioxide CO2 and isopropyl alcohol. It was a dream come true for me as I had just finished a brutal but mentally stimulating semester of engineering thermodynamics, nonetheless I had always wanted to stay up close to apply all that in the real world. I got to do high-pressure seal test for fluid friction and dry friction to see allowable stresses the O-rings could withstand under high pressures. I also had the opportunity to learn GD&T using SolidWorks and NX unigraphics as well as hands on machining experience and even writing technical reports for project updates. I had the opportunity to work closely with the electrical engineering and software teams for data acquisition troubleshooting on various pump modules. Being closely involved with meetings really helped to straighten out the path I was to take on tasks. The work environment was really friendly with lots of opportunities to learn. Entry level engineers are regularly assigned mentors with personal one-on-one meetings assigned on a weekly or biweekly basis to discuss personal goals, tasks, achievements and issues related to tasks. These meetings afforded me the opportunity to understand the problem and forge ahead with tasks given. The work campus  more... has a field with a soccer team, softball team and a gym. There’s also a cafeteria on site open between 6am and 2pm. Ultimately, waters gave me the solid foundation needed to forge a career in mechanical engineering and beyond. I would recommend it as a good place for a first time entry level engineering job asides the commute from the city which took roughly 50 minutes to an hour.  less
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, gym, soccer and soft ball field
Cons
Can be repetitive
Cool work place with work space.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2019
Its an Nice Work place for young adults just wasnt for me, the pay was kind of low, it only lasted while i was working for youth work.
Overall it was an nice company too work for temporarily.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Overall good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 30, 2019
Overall good place to work, convenient commute, decent health and wellness benefits, work/life balance in some departments, many employee discounts offered
Competitive company
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRMarch 29, 2019
Good company with normal benefits, was a good experience work in there. Had very good experiences with manager and co-workers. Company has a good culture.
Very clicky. Mundane work...same thing every day
Synthesis Technician (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 28, 2019
Not happy hear...it's the same thing day in day out. You got time to lean you got time to clean...get the fk outa here. It's always those who were lousy workers that get promoted.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Pay and work hours.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 27, 2019
The pay was good, and so was the work hours. But, there is too much management. Then your fellow peers, some act like they are managers. Its a dog eat dog enviroment at Waters. Everyone is out to get you one way or another. People cry about anything and everything.
Pros
Short work weeks.
Cons
The other employees and management.
Analytical and Process scale, direct customer contact
Senior Applications Chemist (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 21, 2019
Exciting contact with Scientific professionals throughout the world in a variety of vertical markets including pharmaceuticals, materials chemistry, food science and environmental science. Worked on process and analytical scale and performed method development directly with customers on their most challenging samples under secrecy agreements to provide solutions to their separation challenges
Pros
Intersting work
Cons
sattelite site so communication with management was limited
waters
Chemical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 22, 2019
Great experiences and fun people. The fast pace nature of the job provides at times an intense challenge. Draw backs are that the pay is not justified for the area we are located in.
Good place to work but culture is changing
Reliability Engineer II - System Development Group (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 22, 2019
With the new CEO in place the company culture is changing. What used to value long tenure and employees is changing. Most long term workers have noticed this and a lot of people have left. Health care keeps increasing while wages stay relatively low unless you're sponsored. The people who do work there are very nice and knowledgeable and they care about helping you grow.
Half the workers are nice the other are backstabbers
Set up milling Machinist (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 21, 2019
The machine shop is horrible place to work don’t go there the supervisor is the worst Used to be nice when it was the old supervisor! They promise you things in the beginning and then take it back after 4 weeks and tell you deferent!
Pros
Half workers are good
Cons
Bad Supervisor
Love it here
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Milford, MADecember 30, 2018
I do a co op job so I only work every other week and the people I work with are so nice and fun it makes the days go by quick. It gives you great experiences in the field you are looking for and they teach me a lot of new things
Great place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 11, 2018
Great place to work, but less opportunities for growth in the foreseeable future. The people are great, salary is competitive, management is evolving slowly to a modern corporation approach.
Contract position
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 29, 2018
The company worked well with others schedules and were willing to relocate within the company should issues arise. They provide a gym for 1 dollar a week and onsite medical with a decent cafeteria. For low paying positions, the job is fine if you have a room mate, but if you aren't an engineer you may find yourself working overtime a couple times.
Little opportunity for advancment
Individual Contributor (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 25, 2018
The company doesn't provide opportunities for advancement, and salaries aren't great. It seems like the place is getting top heavy - too many managers being hired. The company is also full of silos where we duplicate efforts and don't know what other departments are doing.
Pros
A lot of the individual contributors are great to work with.
Cons
The company is bogged down by cumbersome and inefficient processes, making it hard to get things done.
confidential
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 10, 2018
confidential. Wish to not have any 3rd part use the questions asked to sell for profit. Sorry but I respect Waters Corp. questions asked are not needed for me to find a good job.
Best workplace ever
Quality Technician & Precision Material Finisher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJuly 30, 2018
Perfect communication up and down the chain, unlimited opportunities for advancement and training and learning, relaxed environment, many enjoyable workplace amenities like a cafeteria and the ability to listen to music in a lab, so long as your work gets done to the quality standard and timetables, you are left to do things your own way!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waters Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Waters Corporation Reviews by Location