Waterside District Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Exciting place to work, but Management is lacking.
DISTRICT EVENTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 4, 2018
I was thrown into a HUGE job in the middle and was not trained, just expected to know everything.

I did truly enjoy the super high energy. I even lost weight from running around the 65,000 square foot building.
Pros
Staff, meals
Cons
benefits, work life balance.
The toughest job I've ever had and wouldn't change a thing!
President (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 22, 2018
Opened a 130,000 square foot district with multiple bars and restaurants before construction was done. Had 1100 employees at time of opening. Still only a year young and it's a great place.
Perfect Employment
Promotional Builder (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 7, 2018
I was made for the position of Promotional Builder. I took pride in promoting the restaurants as well as events that took place at the Waterside District.
You can put makeup on a pig, but it is still a Pig.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 24, 2018
Typical day at work included setting up the station for customers to enjoy their lunch or dinner. Management were the biggest cowards and the most unprofessional that I had EVER dealt with. Was not fun cooperating with them when they themselves were not team players.

Rushed opening and sloppy training, so the company was never ran smoothly since the opening.

The most enjoyable part was towards the end where all the employees left that were not taking the job seriously. The employees were like friends and even some ways like family.

The customers were awesome too! That is the only good thing about the job and oh being able to have actual time off when ever was awesome too.
Pros
Time off requests fulfilled, cool themes, awesome coworkers
Cons
No breaks, low pay, poor management
Poor management in an area that opened too quickly
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 16, 2018
The people were nice. Management played games and would ghost employees they didn’t want to work. The whole district was rushed to be opened in time for summer. Everything was poorly put together. Training wasn’t great.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
I enjoy the job that I love to do and working with good people are a plus.
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoy giving great customer service, working with and assisting staff by coaching and/ or training on ensuring that guest are happy with sale process and transactions, answering customers question and taking away any concerns from our guest.
I've have improve on how to ensure the perfect execution of large and small dinner event.
I enjoy problem-solving dealing with customer and employee conflict, irate customer and wrong orders, coming up with a solution quickly.
Need to work on communicating and networking.
Pros
free lunch, etc
Cons
short break, healthcare, etc
low hours extremly low pay
line cook Cook various meals (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 28, 2017
work place is very unpredictable, low hours, low pay an absolutely no teamwork, supervisors spend more time in the office rather than supervising, an your schedule is never the same u have to literally check it everyday
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
poor pay
Cook (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 16, 2017
New Company, Fast paced, Okay management, Hours vary,I love the end of the day, there is potential for career advancement however you would have to desire to want it.