Waterstone Mortgage Management reviews

High Stress but great culture
IT Support II (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 23, 2018
Extremely stressful and expectations are unrealistic. Job culture is great and the compensation is fair. The company is growing but isn't hiring enough people to match the growth causing long hours and a lot of stress.
Senior Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 21, 2017
My position was to originate loans daily, and to help keep all parties to the transaction up to date on the loan as it progresses. I met with and consulted with borrowers, Realtors, Financial Planners, Builders, and other friends of the real estate industry to find ways to help their customers become raving fans.

Waterstone really focuses on the team, and their entire system is set up around that structure.

The atmosphere is terrific, and management is solid.

The hardest part of my job is that they are often too conservative leaving me unable to assist many clients.
Comfortable & friendly environment.
CLOSER LEVEL 1 (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 6, 2017
I would have stayed if there had not been cutbacks due to the environment they provided. They took care of their employees which was evident with the low turnover.
Pros
Dress was casual.
Cons
They were not able to sustain the Closing Depart when there was a low.
Fine.
Lead Processor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 6, 2017
No complaints. Only worked there 2 months. Franchise type of mortgage company. Good communication amongst management and corporate employees. No complaints.
good place to work bad management
Loan Partner (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 28, 2017
Our office was a satellite office and was always the last to get anything. Didn't get a lot of training from management. Some of the employees were nice.
Established Company with exellant managment and support
mortgage loan officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 6, 2016
File review with processing department and management, always productive and efficient. Timely return calls and emails between all parties involved in each file. Actively pursue all new leads.
Management always available and helpful and eager to resolve every issue with the best outcome for all involved on every transaction.
Ample freedom to design your own workflow through the day and achieve all goals.
Management and team lead always supportive of a new opportunity to find new referral partners and networking with in the community.
Pros
Fun networking events, Excellent management
Work Experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 8, 2016
Terrible place to work and would not recommend any experienced human resource professional apply. They have no structure, they do not follow best hiring practices, staff is very unfriendly, rude, and unprofessional!
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Poor Work Environment
LP II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 18, 2014
Pay was pretty mediocre here compared to other positions I worked. The sales & management here demand perfection from their production staff yet they deliver meager sales even when sales is their sole job. Over the last few years turnover has been on the high side at this branch and management is not afraid to cut people loose so they can make a few extra bucks. The sales and management staff also have a tendency to snap on the production staff when things go wrong with files even when it was the sales staff's mistake. Also, if you are working here as production staff expect calls and texts regarding files on the weekends (or after work hours) that you are expected to reply to but will not be paid for. If you are looking for a good career I would seriously suggest looking elsewhere in Madison as working for this branch will be high stress for average pay.
Pros
There are a few nice people who work here
Cons
Branch Manager
Productive, flexible enjoyable place to work
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2014
A typical day was very busy, processing new loans, reviewing loans for conditions after initial underwrite and ultimately reviewing and submitting loans for closing. Management wasn't always evident day to day, but ultimately a good place to work. Very flexible when it came to hours and ability to work around schedule of school age children which is very important to me. The hardest part of the job is the winter months and volume decreasing. Most enjoyable part, I like to be busy, the spring, summer months are usually very rewarding when busy.
Pros
Boss bought lunch once in awhile when busy, very flexible.
Cons
Once it got slow, very quick to lay off
Need a change.
Senior Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WINovember 5, 2013
I've been in the mortgage business 16 years. A typical day would be to arrive at work early and plan my day.Follow up phone calls to marketing to new potential clients and referral partners.Review loans in the pipeline and meet any new conditions that need to be met.

We are always learning new rules and guidelines due to the ever changing regulations in the Banking industry. This would be the most difficult part of my job but not an insurmountable task.

I believe a team effort in any business is what makes it a successful one. If you have any challenges that you cant overcome on your own you should be able to go to management or co-workers to get the necessary help.This has become difficult at my work due to new management and direction.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when you have had a successful transaction with a client that may have taken days or months to come to a mutual solution. I really enjoy using my skills
and learned experience to help people attain a sense of accomplishment and end result they were looking for.

There is a lack of growth opportunities in the company I work for today. One of the reasons I am so interested in your company is that it is a much larger organization with formal career planning structures in place.
Pros
time freedom
Cons
benefits, lack of team work, 100% commissioned.