Waterstone Mortgage Pay & Benefits reviews

Knowledgable Team and Positive Environment
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 17, 2018
Waterstone Mortgage has a great culture for learning and will give you the space and guidance to start your own loan origination business. Compensation is based on a draw on commission basis
Official response from Waterstone Mortgage
September 17, 2018

Thank you for the positive review. We are glad you’ve enjoyed our company culture, which is a huge priority for us. Our employees are very valuable to us, and your satisfaction and engagement is something we take seriously. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

High Stress but great culture
IT Support II (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 23, 2018
Extremely stressful and expectations are unrealistic. Job culture is great and the compensation is fair. The company is growing but isn't hiring enough people to match the growth causing long hours and a lot of stress.
Need a change.
Senior Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WINovember 5, 2013
I've been in the mortgage business 16 years. A typical day would be to arrive at work early and plan my day.Follow up phone calls to marketing to new potential clients and referral partners.Review loans in the pipeline and meet any new conditions that need to be met.

We are always learning new rules and guidelines due to the ever changing regulations in the Banking industry. This would be the most difficult part of my job but not an insurmountable task.

I believe a team effort in any business is what makes it a successful one. If you have any challenges that you cant overcome on your own you should be able to go to management or co-workers to get the necessary help.This has become difficult at my work due to new management and direction.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when you have had a successful transaction with a client that may have taken days or months to come to a mutual solution. I really enjoy using my skills
and learned experience to help people attain a sense of accomplishment and end result they were looking for.

There is a lack of growth opportunities in the company I work for today. One of the reasons I am so interested in your company is that it is a much larger organization with formal career planning structures in place.
Pros
time freedom
Cons
benefits, lack of team work, 100% commissioned.