Waterton Residential Employee Reviews

The worst possible nightmare!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 5, 2018
Working for Waterton has been nothing short of a nightmare. Maybe other regions are having a different experience, but working in Texas has been awful. There is no training, no direction, no support. The Regional Manager is not qualified to do his job and it is unfortunate. We are out here struggling and cannot get the simplest of questions answered. Upper management assumes adequate training has been given but when all you have done is play catch up the entire time you have worked at a community, it takes strategic leadership and oversight to get your managers back to solid ground. The work load and stress level is astronomical. I wonder if their investors have any idea how poorly their communities are being mis-managed. You have a region full of competent, and talented leaders that are eager to grow, but can't. It is a shame.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent leadership, work life balance, no communication
non supportive and stressful
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 12, 2018
There is no structure, no consistency and no support from upper management. No regional is local and when they do fly into town, they are usually preoccupied with another community's on goings and does not pay specific attention to your property's needs or the concerns of the staff. They want immediate proven results like yesterday but do not take the time to express and explain company standards or policies. No financial training available to manager, no leasing standards or training available to leasing associates.
Waterton was an okay company
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Justice, ILSeptember 23, 2017
A typical day at work was very strenuous, there wasn't a lot of teamwork. It was difficult because it seem as if the company didn't put enough time into making sure the employees had what was needed.
Was a great work environment great place to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 30, 2017
Worked for 8 years a great experience met great people company cares about its employees they offer great opportunity for advancement transfers ect they own multiple property's throughout the city and states look them up for a great job seeking experience I enjoyed everyday coming to work for this company
Pros
Good pay good benifits
Cons
5to 7 years they sell property
Producitve
Capital Improvements Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
Great Company to work for. They really care about their employees. The company is effective and efficient. I would recommend them as a workplace. Apply
Great Management Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 14, 2017
They care for their employees & residents. Amazing company. Fare pay. Had no bad experience. Management was great. Would .Love to work with them again.
Great Job
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Outreach marketing, great company to meet new people. The company will pay for you to travel and help with other properties. Smaller company, great holiday parties, wonderful management, fun co-workers, hours are long and the job does become your life. Great for someone that wants to learn a lot and does not have family to tend to. Overall excellent company, great pay, and very rewarding.
Pros
Great pay, vacations
Cons
Skipped lunches to keep up with property almost everyday
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Waterton. Employees are treated with respect and I always felt I can be myself. Great work/life balance and adequate compensation.
Good company to work for.
Doorperson (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJJuly 18, 2016
Make sure you get paid for what you do, not what your job title is. A lot of times they ask the one employee who puts in the most work to keep putting in the most work, instead of asking the others to follow in his footsteps.
Great Company to work for
Leasing Specialist for Riverwood Apartment (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILApril 30, 2016
The company provided a great deal of training and the opportunities were always available for promotion. The owners sometimes participated in company meetings. The company has many property location in various city making transfer easy.
Great company
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 24, 2015
Waterton Residential is an excellent company to work. They provide you with the necessary tools to succeed. I work with an amazing team at Desert Horizon. They are extremely professional and I take pride working with a great crew. I have never worked with a company that truly take customer service seriously. So far it has been a great experience.
Pros
Employer is A+, Great benefits.
Cons
No room for advancement. They do not promote within.
Small company
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2015
Smaller company, not much room to advance. If you work hard, you can grow into all positions within the company. Owner is the manager and is micromanaged.
My coworkers made my job very fun!
Leasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Justice, ILAugust 4, 2015
Waterton is one of the top leading management companies in the industry which offered great opportunities to advance your career.
Pros
Christmas parties
Cons
Tight budgets to improve look of the property
Productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Flexible time off. If you are looking to advance in your carrier you should consider working for this company.
Overall a great place to work
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2015
My job primarily is leasing apartments and customer service. I enjoy most aspects of the job. Myself and all of my coworkers have been there for many years so it is like an extended family.
Pros
Good benefits, insurance and commission
Cons
Too many weekends, too many Holidays.
Not a good place to work
Activities Director (Current Employee) –  Justice, ILApril 10, 2015
Uncaring management towards staff and residents. No budget for upkeep of the property and staff incentives. Colleagues are immature and lacks work ethics.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of managerial support; low morale; no team cameraderie
Fast paced community with great challenges
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TxJanuary 8, 2015
Daily routine was to walk and open the available apartments to ensure their presence was move in ready. Return to the office to prepare daily treats/snacks prior to opening the blinds and unlocking the doors. Ran daily reports for move in rates and availability.
While in this position, I learned the needed systems and methods for leasing apartments. Management was great and always willing to step in when needed, but typically allowed issues to be handled upfront before intervening. Co-workers stayed busy and kept the day moving while we assisted each-other in times when the other had to be busy with other matters. The hardest part of the job was some language barriers. The most enjoyable part was working with not only the residents, but meeting the new people coming in and becoming part of the community.
Pros
Regional Management would provide lunch when visited the office.
Cons
Since I was seasonal, healthcare was not an option
dont see any future.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2014
I love my job and happy with the company but I don't see my self moving up in this company a lot of work for short staff I wish the management in the property I work run it better and do a better job and treat employer fairly.
Incompetent
Porter (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 1, 2014
I don't understand how a company can have or hire an unstable employee that likes to harass other employees. Their solution was to keep working with him. Really? To me that is a company that lacks inelegance and integrity. I fail to understand how they are even still in business.
Pros
Cons
Working with unstable employees.
Liked the people I worked with
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka MinnesotaNovember 17, 2014
I liked the people I worked with day in and day out. Rarely saw regional management. Was fairly well compensated for my skill set. Health insurance is poor and expensive to acquire for a family..
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Health insurance