WATERTOWN PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

3.3Pay & Benefits
Watertown Public Schools
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Decent place to work. Instructional assistants do not get paid as much as they should considering the work. Teachers are helpful and made the environment pleasant.
Very fun, easy going place.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MANovember 14, 2018
I strongly advice this job for a older person preferably retired. Its very easy just prepare whatever is on the menu, follow the job description procedures, cook, clean, wash dishes,
everyday put the orders away. long breaks, free lunch.
Great Co-workers and students
Special Education Teacher and Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Watertown High School and Middle SchoolJuly 28, 2018
Working for the Watertown Public Schools was a wonderful opportunity for me. Working as an Instructional Aide, Permanent Substitute, and Summer school teacher and assistant, helped to further develop my skills as a special education teacher. The level of interest teachers demonstrate toward their students was wonderful to see. It inspired me as a worked with my own students during each school year.
Pros
Great co-workers and students.
Cons
No teaching positions available when I finished my degree.
Great School System to work for
NETWORK COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTJuly 31, 2017
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in the school system on any level this district would offer you the chance to build and hone your skills. The staff is friendly and there is always help around the corner from your fellow co-workers. It's a great place to learn and grow professionally.
Public School Department Maintenance
Maintenance worker (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAFebruary 17, 2016
There is a lot of office politics working at this particular job. Between administrators, workers, teachers, parents, and the like. It is impossible to please everyone.
Enjoyable atmosphere supporting children in the classroom
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 7, 2014
I support special needs children who are in a full inclusion setting. The job is incredibly rewarding. In helping these children learn to socialize/fully participate in the classroom I am able to also interact with the general education children. The classroom teacher allows me to participate as an educator not just an assistant. The lead teacher fully encourages and supports my career goal to procure my own position as a lead teacher. This position has taught me a great deal which I can bring into my own classroom.