Watertown Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIMarch 14, 2019
Wrmc is a very good place to work. There are very nice people, the pace is average for working in the billing department. Each day is different so I really enjoy that.
Working harder not smarter
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WI 53098March 2, 2019
Continually reducing staff and driving out knowledgeable long term associates.
Micromanagement is a key component of the business model.
Benefits used to be good at this company but the current offerings are minimal
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Benefits are weak
not a good work enviroment
Patient Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIFebruary 27, 2019
i worked at WRMC for a year as a patient financial counselor. the first 3 months were ok. thought I made the right choice leaving my former job coming here. shortly after things made a change. people in the dept. didn't get a long. lost of back stabbing. billers don't want to help answer the phone. manger is off site most of the time since she lives in Las Vegas. if you go to her with issues she turns the tables to make you look like your the bad guy. she has had her run ins with HR and was almost let go and that is why she will NOT intervene with any issues you might have. I was forced to use any PTO that I accumulated for holidays and time off within my time there. I left just 2 weeks shy of my 1 year. unbenounced to me I had to forfeit (actually they just took it) my last paycheck due to having to give them back 80 hours of time that I earned.....I earned this due to the time I work but they can take it back so beware. one of those jobs where you get there and sit in your car and think I don't even want to go in.....LOT's of turn over of help!
An utter mistake, completely untrustworthy
Patient Financial Counsor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIFebruary 12, 2019
I should have seen it coming. I worked in billing, my Boss made a blatantly sexist joke during the interview. My erstwhile colleague quit within a week of me starting so I basically received no training.

The second my former colleague quit, the relationship between her and my boss permanently deteriorated to the point that my colleague was in tears and my boss literally called me to "see if she was still crying".

Expressing concern about a physically dangerous situation on the job led to a snarky response from my boss, insinuating I was at fault for noticing it and completely disregarding any offer or request on my part to help actually resolve the issue.

My boss is in the office maybe one week out of five (they live out of state). When they are in the state they spend most of the week in meetings.

The boss would not let their lack of knowledge interfere with hypercritical judgement, assuming any accusation or insinuation was gospel truth and acting accordingly.

If you love to work for a backstabbing organization that has no loyalty to anyone but their profit margins, this is the perfect place. There is a reason they have to pay reasonably well, they know nobody would voluntarily work there for even slightly sub pay.
Pros
if you live nearby
Cons
management, lack of communication, backstabbing, dishonesty, lies
good place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WISeptember 29, 2018
Good Place to work, department disorganized. The employees are friendly. The sps department was disorganized. Worked a lot of overtime. Job assignments were very unfair in distribution
watertown
Travel Registered Nurse (Advantage RN) (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIMay 2, 2018
Watertown was a nice facility in which to work. I watched as they handled a major crisis of 5 weeks of OR downtime. They attempted to protect their employees as much as possible. The CNAs there were top notch
Cons
no access to schedule
Great until merger
Coder (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIMarch 31, 2018
Watertown regional medical center used to be a great place to work until their merger with a corporate hospital two years ago. Now it's all about the bottom line. Everything was aligned directly with the corporate hospital regardless if it was beneficial to the well-being of the hospital patients and staff
we always work together
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Patient Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIFebruary 1, 2018
working in day surgery was a lot of fun. People were always helpful and energetic. working in the inpatient center was also a great group of team players
Pros
good team to work with
Cons
short staffed
Conflicting Information
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIJanuary 22, 2018
Hospital was acquired by parent company and too many things changed the hospital from a small town caring hospital to a cold uninvolved uncaring hospital. Employees started quitting from all levels. Providers left, CEOs left, Managers left, Directors left, Nurses left....dropping like flies.
MRI Technologist
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIJanuary 13, 2018
was a temp employee here and mainly worked weekend hours. it was a small hospital , but a very busy MRI and Radiology department. But I enjoyed the job.
Fun and upbeat place
Host and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIDecember 13, 2017
A day at the Harvest market is a trip your taste buds will thank you for! Such amazing food and great people behind it all. For sure a must try, they even have different items each week!
Pros
Healthy
I love working at the hospital
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at the hospital. Typically, I got to work at 4:30 helped fill tray orders and deliver the food to the patients. I restocked anything in the kitchen that needed to be refilled. Washed the dishes and restocked all of the equipment used through out the night. Hardest part of the job was seeing people that were not feeling well. Most enjoyable was that I could most of the time get people to smile even for a second when they weren't feeling their best, and I loved seeing the new babies that were born.
Pros
Cons
For me was the hours
Was not what I expeced
ER Registration Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIApril 2, 2017
When hired the job was relaxed and very enjoyable. After a year this ended and the job became stressful and one sided. My life outside of work was not of any importance to my employer. They would call at all hours asking me to come into work because other employers would not show up.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Short staff
Cardiology
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIMarch 18, 2017
Very nice place to work. Professional staff with great communication. Only problem is that this was a locum job for me, and the drive was long. About 56 miles one way.
Local hospital employer
Clinical Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIFebruary 22, 2017
Watertown Regional Medical Center is a rural hospital system now part of Lifepoint Hospitals. It offers several family practice clinics as well as The Center For Women's Health, Directions Counseling Center and the main hospital campus. They provide an excellent onboarding experiencing during orientation and the training is well organized. The pay is somewhat comparable to other healthcare organizations in the area.
Pros
Small community settng, good training.
Cons
Not easy to move within the company.
Challenging and busy ultrasound department.
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIJuly 24, 2015
Variety of sonographic studies to include general studies and procedures. Assist Radiologist with venous ablations and biopsy's of various sites. Work independently and flexible as needed to cover additional shifts and call hours.
Pros
Great management, and team enviroment
Cons
Long drive on call
Great Place to work
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIJuly 7, 2015
Great place to work, staff are very friendly, always looking to help improve your skills and knowlege, new partnership wants to improve and grow with employees.
Great people
Room Service Server (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIMay 19, 2015
A great team of people to work with, security, love the patients, great place to work.Work with Med-tech and has given me some good experience with medical software.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
working weekends
A nice place to work.
Registration Assistant/Switchboard (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIJanuary 8, 2015
A good network of supportive co-workers. A hospital environment can be challenging if you have never worked in one before.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIMarch 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be a short introduction to the type of patients that were being treated in the emergency department. I learned a lot about having to make quick clinical decisions and how to prioritize my time management. My co-workers were wonderful and helpful every shift. The hardest part of the job was 12 hour shifts and being away from home for those 12 hours. I enjoyed being able to care for those in need.
Pros
Great co-workers, fast paced job
Cons
12 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Watertown Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Watertown Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location