WATERWORKS Employee Reviews

get ready to learn
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
Waterworks was my introduction to the A&D industry. They have an incredible group of designers and associates ready to answer every question you can possibly have. A great place to design a bathroom with hard materials (tiles and plumbing) and complete with great accessories including plush towels. Excellent learning experience.
Productive and fun place to work !
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMarch 7, 2018
I would definitely recommend this job to anyone , great managers and coworkers ! Job security is excellent . If I ever had to I would come work for them any day .
Comercial Project Office is a Living Nightmare
Commercial Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2018
I worked for the commercial team in NY, and had a very bad experience.
The head of the commercial team was unnecessarily rude to employees "beneath" her. She would very often yell at our supporting team at the factory using expletives and degrading language. She would leave the office to take care of personal matters constantly. Which meant that everyone else had to pick up her work and make sure things got done to avoid her wrath when she returned.
She left early on Friday and sometimes never came in on Monday.
Sometimes if my coworkers were late they would email someone else in the office to ask what kind of mood our boss was in, so they could decide if it was a good idea to call her.
Overall would not recommend.
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTFebruary 6, 2018
Due to the poor management the company has a high turn over rate. I would not recommend working here especially if you have any interest in expanding your career.
friendly people - nice environment
Project Management (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Great company and nice people. I enjoy working here by my only con would be there are not many opportunities in career advancement if you are not located where the home office is.
lacking in managerial skills
Product Manager-Textiles (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
This company has a beautiful aesthetic. I was taken by the luxurious fabrics and textiles within its collection. Working with such nice product made the time pass much faster. I would recommend buying from this company as they have the finest products.
Call Center/ Customer Service Office
CEE (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 17, 2017
They are a call center/ customer service office who works you like a dog and tracks your every move. However the co workers are amazing and make the overall job better to deal with.
Pros
very nice co workers
Cons
Phone tracking and a rush atmosphere
Awesome, seasonal job with a huge group of employees but a lot of fun to work and be there.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 13, 2017
Waterworks park, it was a summer job with a promise of getting paid. I worked mostly 4 hour shifts and was in the heat for the majority of the time working. There was a big group of other employees that worked along with me and was different people every time. I dealt with the public every day and had to solve problems without getting frustrated. Overall it was a great job.
Pros
Got paid and got to know new people
Cons
They have trouble getting organized when it comes to when lifeguards worked
Great place to work.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2017
Friendly staff. Well balanced organization. The company prides itself in luxury products and top notch service. Waterworks is indeed the an industry leader.
exciting environment
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 14, 2017
Got a nice tan while working at what i love, friendly coworkers, learned how to use a computer system, the most enjoyable part was when i could see my coworkers everyday
Pros
employee discount meals
Cons
no breaks
Lifeguard
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Seaside Heights, NJJuly 5, 2017
Amazing job for any young adult/high school student. Interacting with fun and interesting individuals on a daily basis. Management is flexible and indeed.
waterworks
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNJune 19, 2017
A day at Waterworks was very easy you didn't have to do much throughout the day. If a car came in and had a detail then you would have four people start on it and tried to get done fast to save the customer time.
Mac
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 6, 2017
Really enjoyed the airport peoples and setting, everyday was a little different, food was good just was a long car trip n security everyday toke alot of time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Slow transportation in airport with security
Good Place To Work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Good place to work could use some better management and planning skills at the excavation division. The people are very good people to work with and be around. We all worked well together and got the job done. Pre planning was a place that needed some work.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Job Planning
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 18, 2016
Great place to work, I had a great manager who gave me autonomy when I most needed it and coaching when I needed it too. The culture in general is very relaxed so I was surprised to see everyone leave work at exactly 5pm- I'm used to the New York style of 9-9 so it was quite amazing to see that the company valued work/life balance.
Pros
Great employees, benefits, 401 matching program, work/life balance
Cons
Upward mobility is very limited, open-concept office design lacks privacy
A pretty good company.
Plumber's Apprentice/Technician (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, MIDecember 5, 2016
Good company to start at and to grow at if your a greenhorn or even a journeyman plumber. The only downfall is you dont get a truck to take home.
Working
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2016
Been with several Plumbing companies over the last 12 years. Most are not ran as well as Waterworks is. Company is large and well established in the Columbus area. Not many people out there who haven't heard of them. Techs are commissioned based, which is both bad and good. However pay scale seems to reflect less on experience and achievements and more on who can sell the most services. If you are an honest plumber, you wont make as much here.
Pros
Company truck with gas and maintenance covered.
Cons
Benefits suck, the pay versus the time your away from your family could be alot better.
Not a bad place to work if you need a job
Warehouse Associate (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 7, 2016
I learned to use a RF PC scan gun and how to pick and pack orders. Also learned how to receive material into the warehouse using their warehouse management system. Also learned how to operate forklifts and ride on pallet jacks.

A typical day was coming in getting a scan gun and checking what orders were given to my account in the system and begin to pick orders and depending on the amount orders that are picked during the day might be moved to pack small or large orders. At the end of my time there; I was moved to receiving and I would just receive material into the warehouse and put it away in various storage locations in the warehouse and sign bills for truckers and unload the freight using forklifts.
Great people to work with
Maketing Coordinator/Furnishings Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT/Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2016
I held both marketing and sales jobs at Waterworks. A typical day of work included managing product launches, working on my senior vice president and cofounder's blog, managing website photography, proofing catalogues in progress, social media posting. I learned that "marketing" covers a VAST assortment of tasks. My coworkers were dedicated and supportive. We were all team players that worked hard and understood each other's challenges. The hardest part of the job was work/life balance. Though my supervisors were great, it was clear that work came above and beyond everything and anything else in their life. It was hard to work within the parameters of a normal work day. The most enjoyable part of the job was by far the people, which is why when I decided to move for personal reasons, I decided to transfer within the company, It is also why, even though I no longer work for Waterworks, I keep in touch with those I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Amazing teammates
Cons
lack of work-life balance
Interesting, productive, pleasant place to work for
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlyss, LAJuly 27, 2016
This was a small office environment with a total of 8 employees. Everybody was one big happy family and we enjoyed working as team players even though we might have had our differences. There were days that the workload was overwhelming but we did the best we could. I enjoyed learning all aspects of my job duties.
Pros
Meeting people in the community
Cons
My position would get fast-paced which caused some errors