Watson & Chalin Employee Reviews

Disorganized
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 19, 2018
Disorganized mess. Management changed a number of times. Very poor support of parts on hand and documentation. Understaffed lots of turnover of employees.
N/a
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Management was the worst there can be. Never organized but always putting pressure and always saying why was the product never finished. Always out of material
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
loved my job
Electrican (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 31, 2017
I enjoyed working here. the location was ideal. the hours were good. the learning curve was challenging. I was not micro managed. always felt satisfied with the workload that I was given.
Good People
Welding coordinator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 25, 2017
There is lots of overtime and good people. This is an enjoyable workplace. co workers were easy to work with. We took pride in team building and we all pulled together to ensure the job got done.
Can Be fun if you can live with constant change
Test Cell Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 14, 2016
Very much a mix, in that some people there were very interested in what was best for each employee, and some of the upper management didn't really care as long as they got something in their bank account every month.
Productive fun enviromnet to work in
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TX 75069March 22, 2016
The employees and Mangers are great to work with. I enjoyed working the company. A typical day at work I come in get my work area ready. I have learned a lot from working with Watson & Chalin, The Management team was great to work for and be around when you had any questions or concerns, Co-Workers were good to me, The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the day.
Pros
401K, pension, Health Insurance, time off
Cons
15 min breaks, 1hr lunches
Bs
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 21, 2015
people here don't know how to run a company, they change your hours every 6 months, tell you one thing and do another, very untidy cant keep customers happy because they can't get parts built on time. nobody thinks about the next guy.
Pros
Cons
revolving door of managers
productive ok job but not a carrer.
Forklift Operator & Welding Trainee (Former Employee) –  mckinney TXMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at Watson&Chalin was basiclly me workimg in shipping picking up pallets from the assembley lines and taking them to the shipping area to be shipped. I learned hoe to weld a little bit MIG/TIG and ark welding too. Managememt was ok as well as my co workers. Hardest part of my day was the mornig. Most enjoyable part of my day was the end of my shift.
Pros
good work schedual and hours
Cons
managment telling us we have to work saturday at the last minuete
good company
Welder/Production (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 8, 2015
is a good company to work for taught me a lot on hoe to weld the stuff for diesel trucks and traliors and the other parts of the frame and axel system
Pros
good company
Cons
to far to drive for work
Friendly people to work with
PLANNING ASSISTANT AND RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 19, 2014
Busy throughout the day and some weekends are needed to keep up with demands. I learned that training is essential for a proficient workplace and something they are lacking quite a bit of. My co-workers were friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency and no training books etc.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No proper training
Great place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Everyone i worked with including the management were extremely nice. I loved working there and enjoyed the pay.
Changing with the times can be challenging.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 23, 2013
I would typically interact to the vendors and guests that would frequent the company. I consistently supported multiple groups with various needs throughout the day.

The hardest part of my job was making everyone happy, but first and foremost, I would do my best to assist the customer calling in and getting them to the correct person in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part was working with most of my coworkers and feeling a sense of being appreciated for doing a good job. Was extremely detail-oriented and team work driven.
very repetitive
MIG Welder (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 29, 2012
got bored at work everyday cuz it was the same thing day in and day out
Pros
easy work, not very physical
Cons
very boring