Watson Clinic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very productive place to work
Radiologic Practitioner Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 13, 2018
As an RPA/RA, we work independently, therefore, our job was to complete our scheduled patients in a timely manner. They gave us just enough time to go from one to the next.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
very busy, lots of changes and very stressful
Patient Service Representative (Receptionist) (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33805May 4, 2018
I loved the job, it was very busy, which I love but the people there in one of the departments I worked in were pretty brutal at times. But most of them were very nice and helpful. The hardest part of my job was not the job itself but maintaining a positive work environment. The nurses were great! Management changed twice! The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people who were very appreciative.
Pros
Helping people, meeting good people who worked there.
Cons
Low pay, hire ups taking sides and not really listening to you or fixing the real problems.
Stress
Medical Biller/Coder (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 28, 2018
Don’t recommend
No reassurance
Can lose your job at any point
Lack of communication
Over stressed
Too many weekends
Team work was good
Some coworkers had your back
Pros
Free lunch every so often
Cons
Poor management Stress Lack of work
System Analyst
Senior System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 23, 2018
My day to day job duties are listed on my resume. Also management is entitled to add to job duties at any given time. I learned several new systems during my time with the clinic
Great Company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 19, 2018
Great company. Everyone is very helpful. Very friendly environment. Physicians are great to work for. They are always willing to give you a chance to learn something new.
Toxic environment, non stop calls all day.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 5, 2018
Stressful place to work. Everyone gossips, trainers and management stayed having attitudes when asked for help. Company protocols always needs updates.
Good place overall to work.
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 13, 2018
Watson Clinic has many different opportunities to work and advance your position if you so desire. It is not a difficult place to work and the benefits are fair.
excellent
Staffing Facilitator / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 12, 2018
Great environment, can learn alot good place to work. Many different areas to work in. Management great. They offer continuous education for their clinical staff.
Not well compensated
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 2, 2018
Watson Clinic does not foster an environment of career advancement nor does it compensate workers well. The management tends to show favorites. Work life balance tends to be an issue in some departments as well.
Working at Watson Clinic
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Work environment is dependent on office assigned. Experience and growth varies from department to department. Management strives to be fair and balanced. Workplace culture varies on office for the most part colleagues are friendly. Becoming familiar with official protocols is varied based on providers. This can become difficult to keep up with if working in float pools. This can lead to errors due to lack of consistency. Patient interaction is most rewarding.
Good Place to work
Compliance Auditor II (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Busy Clinic. Good co-workers. Need work to advance ( ie further edu,.Etc). Bennifts are ok. Could improve with the medical since is a medical facility
Fine work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2018
good work environment, great people to work with, upper management needs work. Pay is low but work environment is good. Enjoy working there, would go full time but there is too much politics.
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 9, 2018
I really liked working at Watson Clinic! The management team was wonderful, knowledgeable! The employees were like family. It was exciting to go to work.
Pros
Quick medical care when needed
Cons
I can't think of any problems
This is a very stressful place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 7, 2018
The physicians can talk to you and treat you however they want. The staff is very catty. Underpaid and overwhelmed. Not a family atmosphere and they don’t care about you or your children. You are very replaceable and treated as such. Management make up their own rules and it’s all about how much the doctors make and how to get the doctors more money and no raises for the staff. PTO has to be used for holiday pay when the Clinic should pay for those days. We get a 15$ gift card every year to Publix that we have to pay for.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Low pay
Medical can be fun!
Anesthesia Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 26, 2017
Management and doctors were great! Pay was low and there was no room to move up in the company unless I reapplied and was able to have relief of my current position. Learned a lot in the OR, as well as learning the behaviors of our local doctors/nurses. Some amazing people I was lucky to meet and always loved speaking to or meeting our patients before/after surgery. Smiles heal the heart.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Not able to move up in company
Productive and fun
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 19, 2017
I loved working at Watson, but my doctor retired and I decided to work nights in order to continue my education. Watson is a good place to work as long as you did work and try not to mingle too much. It's like every other work place you have the politics and regulations. I would definitely go back at some point. Managers were great always work with you.
Pros
Fast pace and rewarding
Busy place to work.
P.T Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland FLNovember 30, 2017
Good benefits but a bit stressful. The benefits were good but the turnover rate was high. At times, I worked for 4 therapists at one time along with office work.
Pros
Free healthcare
Cons
Stressful
fast paced, patient focused care
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 30, 2017
A typical day at work would include patient triage, preforming clinical and clerical duties.
Learned how to work in EHR system, schedule patients for lab testing
Management displayed great communication skills
Hardest part of the job was understanding clear direction from provider due to language barrier
Most enjoyable part of job was developing a good rapport with patients and co-workers
Watson Clinic
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 26, 2017
When I started at Watson Clinic it was viewed as a family atmosphere in that we all worked together and management cared about their employees. Over time benefits have been taken away and a lot has changed.
Very busy.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 17, 2017
Very Busy, phone never stops ringing and your'e trying to check patients out and shedule labs, etc. at the same time. You barely have time to stop and go to the restroom.