Watson Electrical Employee Reviews

Electrical install
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 28, 2018
Install Temporary Lighting ,set Transformers and disconnect pannels bend and install conduit then pull wire and connect to pannel boxes. job consists of extremely Heavy eqipment and took alot of stregth .on average 14 hrs a day
Pros
no free lunch breaks
Cons
slave to the grind long distances to drive
Great place
Electricians Helper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2018
The people there did their best to teach me about the electrical field, even though I worked there temporarily. Plenty of work to go around and most the time overtime was available.
Bad management , unrealistic expectations, bad eye for talent
Mechanic/Formen (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Never get a raise or bonus. Don’t like you challenging there ways. Ran by old men that own the stock and appoint themselves to rediculous corporate positions to further suck up all the profit. Then they force you to use there prefab so they can steal hours of your job. They also rent all equipment they own to the job to further steal from your profits and spend nothing on raises or bonuses.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
A lot
Terrible Company
Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 14, 2018
Worst Company to work for. Management is severely under qualified and inexperienced. Corporate is full of manipulating quacks who have no clue about running a company.
Workplace
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 29, 2018
Great work place , most are willing to teach, pay could have been better for what is in the area as far as jobs. Didn't like to travel out of town to do jobs
Very interesting job. You will learn a lot
Electrician Helper III (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 18, 2017
typical day was basically quick paced because they went off production hours. my role was to run rooms with wire, install light fixtures, receptacles and light switches.
Could have been so much more
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCSeptember 6, 2017
The people I worked with I have so much respect for. I gave 100% of myself and it looked like it was recognized. Management on the other hand saw differently. We still have so far to go it seems but I loved the experience, learned a lot from some good people. All I can say is thank you for the opportunity.
Pros
great place to both learn and work, employees good people who don't mind showing you anything
Cons
I guess its not for everyone. What more can I say?
Decent place to work.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2017
A lot of these construction companies are the same. Watson's downfall is the paid vacation and holidays but at least they have them. Only one week paid vacation and seven holidays after your first year with the company. No sick days. They do however, make up for it with their benefits package and there is plenty of opportunity for overtime. Not a bad gig when you compare it to a lot of places.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Pto
Hazing on job sites and poor management
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 28, 2017
Low pay for the guys in the apprenticeship program. Definitely not enough to live off of. They have a messed up way for compensating you for travel time. One job site I was on I had to travel an hour and a half to get there. That's 3 hours round trip and you barely get anything for it. If you're looking to learn this is definitely not the place to work for. They frown up newbies in the industry and will do everything to make your job harder on you.
Pros
N/a
Cons
A lot of indecent people, low pay, next to nothing travel compensation.
It was alright
HELPER/APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 16, 2017
Not a real good place to work if you're looking for advancement. The hours are okay but the pay is not up to standards for an electrician. The management shows favoritism towards those who are relatives and family friends.

Want to know more about Watson Electrical?

Ask a question
Great company
Electrical Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 5, 2017
I was a service tech. for several years for and prospered greatly in both my technical and customer service skills due to the high standards that the company expected.
depends on direct management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2017
some job were great some not so great. depends on what job and what management you have. its a good place to work most of the time its really a competitive and cut throat company but you get out what you put in.
Cons
short breaks if any, also they go through So many employees you can't keep up with who's coming and going
Did not like this Job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 2, 2017
This company need some help that's why i left nothing good to say about it. A lot of work but no leadership and poor management. You work hard and nothing to show for it.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Pay to for me
Good Company
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 4, 2017
Good Company. Large Company. Lots of employee turnover due to low wages. Excellent apprenticeship program, top in the state of North Carolina. Excellent place to learn a trade. Management is okay.
Pros
Excellent Apprenticeship Program
Cons
Low Pay
Good place to work for
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 6, 2017
If you have the will to learn and work, a day at work is like any other. Work culture is friendly I met really nice folks that made it very enjoyable.
Pros
Everyone is willing to help you learn, very good work enviroment
Working for watson electric
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2017
My job at watson was one of the most productive place to work for not only my work skills improved but my way of treating people and how to deal with the customer improve as well so I really love working for this company
Very educational work place with advanced training.
Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 29, 2016
For me I learned a lot from Watson most of as ll how to The charge of a situation at hand and only proceed if it's safe Watson is a very no tolerance to not practicing safety .They have a safety talk three times a day so you can go home to your family uninjured .
Pros
Bounces
Cons
Three write ups you gone fired
Archaic Leadership
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 8, 2016
There is a lack of transparency and vision. There are no goals or successes communicated by the leadership so the perception of our direction is rudderless.
Pros
I really enjoy what I do
Cons
Leadership and management is based on fear and is dictitorial
Very Good Company
AutoCAD/BIM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 30, 2016
I had a good experience here. Went from helper to Electrical Coordination. The branch manager was great. I dealt with a lot of contractors, engineers, and vendors. I got experience in Navisworks and Revit. It was a great time to learn these two.
Stressful environment
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2016
A typical work day started with a safety meeting on conditions for the day, job layouts. I learned some wiring, conduit piping, lighting, outlet and switch installation, and operation of platform scissor lifts - 1 and 2 man.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Steep learning curve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Watson Electrical. Our community is ready to answer.