Watson Electrical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lying, misleading and unethical management!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJuly 18, 2018
Corporate divided the company and put new management in which ran off all of our existing employees. I've been cursed & belittled! JUST KEEP LOOKING!!
Pros
Great Benefits if you can stand the HOSTEL work environment.
Cons
If you are not a part of the Clique then you are GONE! Also YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! NO HELP!
just getting in the ac field
ac service tech (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 16, 2018
very back stabbing , cheap and worried about the dollar to be made , didn't think about the employee , don't take care of company vehicles, played favorites
lack of support
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2018
support was none existing. I would rather not get into the politics of this company. so I will fill up space to move on, why do you make someone fill this out
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good Company
Electrician Mechanic/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Watson. I especially like my supervisor and other employees in his group. The work did not get monotonous. I like the challenge of interpreting blueprints.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Not a good company to work for. They tell you that you can advance but in reality you probably won’t. No raises except cost of living.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJune 13, 2018
I worked for the Duncan SC office. The management is terrible everyday our crew was cussed out for the smallest things by the field superintendent. They talk about bonuses but the way it’s set up makes it almost impossible to get one. Only good thing about working here was some of the people that I met who eventually left also. Employees come and go so fast. They expect helpers to work by themselves with little support and no supervision. Only raise I saw during my employment was cost of living. A little advice if you find something better do not give a notice unless you can start at your new place of employment immediately as they will let you go.
Pros
Non
Cons
Poor field management, low pay, poor attitude/ personalities, no employee retention
Stable, Safe and Productive work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 7, 2018
Typical day: 8 hrs 7:00-3:30 5days per week Monday-Friday Overtime & weekend work often available (sometimes required) 15 min paid brake around 9:00. 30 min un-paid lunch around 12:00.

I went through the apprentice program. The apprenticeship is solid. You can start with no experience. Classroom training, books, hands on training, Safety training all provided at no cost.

Management: Is competent, like everywhere some are better than others. They prefer to promote from within as positions become available or by company growth.

Culture: A safe, productive working environment. They try to create a team atmosphere on each project. A typical job is made up of a foreman, mechanic, apprentices, and helpers. ( the number of and experience of each depends on the size of the project). A honest day’s work is required to make it. Employees with the best attendance, production, quality and work ethic are paid fairly and occasionally recieve bonuses, they are also chosen to be promoted. Employees that regularly layout of work, require prodding to stay on task and don’t follow safety rules usually quit or are terminated. (which leads to high turnover)

Hardest part of the Job: Fast paced environment! The only thing pushed harder than Production and Quality is Safety.

Most enjoyable part of the job: I’m constantly learning. I get to work with my hands. I take pride in work done well. I like building new projects and creating Satisfied & Repeat customers.
Pros
Safe work environment, great benefits, Plenty of work.
Cons
Sometimes have to drive further than optimal
Positive hands on traing experience!
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 11, 2018
I was able to meet the challenges and demands of this role, i was able to utilize new skills and continue on with my growth and future opportunities and development.
Electrical install
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 28, 2018
Install Temporary Lighting ,set Transformers and disconnect pannels bend and install conduit then pull wire and connect to pannel boxes. job consists of extremely Heavy eqipment and took alot of stregth .on average 14 hrs a day
Pros
no free lunch breaks
Cons
slave to the grind long distances to drive
Great place
Electricians Helper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2018
The people there did their best to teach me about the electrical field, even though I worked there temporarily. Plenty of work to go around and most the time overtime was available.
Bad management , unrealistic expectations, bad eye for talent
Mechanic/Formen (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Never get a raise or bonus. Don’t like you challenging there ways. Ran by old men that own the stock and appoint themselves to rediculous corporate positions to further suck up all the profit. Then they force you to use there prefab so they can steal hours of your job. They also rent all equipment they own to the job to further steal from your profits and spend nothing on raises or bonuses.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
A lot
Terrible Company
Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 14, 2018
Worst Company to work for. Management is severely under qualified and inexperienced. Corporate is full of manipulating quacks who have no clue about running a company.
Workplace
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 29, 2018
Great work place , most are willing to teach, pay could have been better for what is in the area as far as jobs. Didn't like to travel out of town to do jobs
Very interesting job. You will learn a lot
Electrician Helper III (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 18, 2017
typical day was basically quick paced because they went off production hours. my role was to run rooms with wire, install light fixtures, receptacles and light switches.
Could have been so much more
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCSeptember 6, 2017
The people I worked with I have so much respect for. I gave 100% of myself and it looked like it was recognized. Management on the other hand saw differently. We still have so far to go it seems but I loved the experience, learned a lot from some good people. All I can say is thank you for the opportunity.
Pros
great place to both learn and work, employees good people who don't mind showing you anything
Cons
I guess its not for everyone. What more can I say?
Decent place to work.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2017
A lot of these construction companies are the same. Watson's downfall is the paid vacation and holidays but at least they have them. Only one week paid vacation and seven holidays after your first year with the company. No sick days. They do however, make up for it with their benefits package and there is plenty of opportunity for overtime. Not a bad gig when you compare it to a lot of places.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Pto
Hazing on job sites and poor management
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 28, 2017
Low pay for the guys in the apprenticeship program. Definitely not enough to live off of. They have a messed up way for compensating you for travel time. One job site I was on I had to travel an hour and a half to get there. That's 3 hours round trip and you barely get anything for it. If you're looking to learn this is definitely not the place to work for. They frown up newbies in the industry and will do everything to make your job harder on you.
Pros
N/a
Cons
A lot of indecent people, low pay, next to nothing travel compensation.
It was alright
HELPER/APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 16, 2017
Not a real good place to work if you're looking for advancement. The hours are okay but the pay is not up to standards for an electrician. The management shows favoritism towards those who are relatives and family friends.
Great company
Electrical Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 5, 2017
I was a service tech. for several years for and prospered greatly in both my technical and customer service skills due to the high standards that the company expected.
depends on direct management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2017
some job were great some not so great. depends on what job and what management you have. its a good place to work most of the time its really a competitive and cut throat company but you get out what you put in.
Cons
short breaks if any, also they go through So many employees you can't keep up with who's coming and going
Did not like this Job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 2, 2017
This company need some help that's why i left nothing good to say about it. A lot of work but no leadership and poor management. You work hard and nothing to show for it.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Pay to for me