Waubonsee Community College Employee Reviews

Waubonsee
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILFebruary 19, 2019
Not enough opportunity for advancement and unwilling to create career paths. They have a culture of fear and expect people to just do their work without recognition or a voice.
Great place to work for students
Student Ambassador/Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILFebruary 12, 2019
They are very conscious that you are a student first and an employee second. I would still work there if I hadn't graduated. I loved that job. It was a very positive environment to work in.
Very political place to work; little autonomy
Institutional Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJanuary 30, 2019
Although the work itself was interesting and rewarding, and not overly demanding, the culture is very political. It is very difficult to advance. They are very constricted by a rigid chain of command, which makes sharing of data and innovation nearly impossible.
Pros
Low stress, interesting work
Cons
Highly political culture; restrictive hierarchy; low pay
Great job
Adult Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Great job, need additional hours. Students are wonderful and the buildings are nice and have state of the art facilities. I love my job, but require more hours at this time.
Decent Pay: Love Teaching
Adjunct Instructor Workforce Development (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJanuary 4, 2019
I worked for 3 different programs at Waubonsee. I loved my job and I loved working with the students. I looked forward to going to work every day.It was always a great experience.
Pros
pay and flexibility
Good students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILDecember 28, 2018
They are supportive of the students and faculty. The downside of higher education is when the overall economy improves. Enrollment decreases and more people join the workforce.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Difficult to move from part-time to full time, but good pay for part-time.
Mathematics Instructor and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILNovember 29, 2018
Difficult to move from part-time to full time, but good pay for part-time. Education environment, smart co-workers, good management, beautiful campus.
Great Organization
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILOctober 15, 2018
Education is valued and so are the students. The management does a good job of making sure student needs are met. Employee and Student surveys are valued.
Rush Week
TEMPORARY BOOKSTORE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILSeptember 16, 2018
I worked there for 'Rush Week' and knew it would be hard. It was very fast past and it was good work. The customers were nice, my coworkers were amazing, and if I had questions they got answered.
Great School
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILAugust 30, 2018
I enjoyed teaching at Waubonsee, being an adjunct is something you have to enjoy doing because the salary is not the best. The faculty ensured that all adjunct received the proper support and resources to be completely successful.
Productive-good communication-excellent rapport
Adjunct Instructor -Human Services (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 22, 2018
Excellent opportunity at Waubonsee. Good instructors-good cooperation.
I would recommend working here. Great environment-excellent support from staff.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
None that I know of
Fine
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 1, 2018
Look, I love the location of this place but I dont like the parents or most of the students, they like to complain to much and it just felt like a daycare instead of a college. It got really annoying seeing 26 year olds asking for mommy and daddys help.
Professor of Biology (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJune 11, 2018
I was a faculty member so we had much autonomy in the classroom. Academia can be a fickle place with too much politics involved. If you can deal with those facets then there is plenty of opportunity to grow and become a better educator..
very ,happy to have the opportunuty to work there the administration very supportive of instructors
NSC Defensive Driver Instructor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 4, 2018
A fun place to work at. the administration very helpful and supportive of instructor decision making. Enjoyed working there, picked your own hours and days you want to teach.
Pros
work at your own pace, follow the teaching guide.
Cons
n/a
Great educational environment! Assisting youth into tomorrow!
English as a Second Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 9, 2018
Great place to work! Loads of opportunity for those in the far western suburbs! Great team workplace Took advantage of educational seminar in Chicago to improve my coaching techniques!
Pros
Collaborative environment!
Cons
Right off construction off I - 88
Relaxed and fun workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILMarch 21, 2018
Fun people to work for and with, would work for them again. Great environment to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others and being part of something bigger.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILMarch 19, 2018
I left Waubonsee because of the pay and limited opportunities. I was able to make 30% more at another community college. Once the economy improved enrollment decreased leaving fewer opportunities. Waubonsee has a nice work environment and committed instructors and staff.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Low pay
Waubonsee community college was where I began my teaching career
Adjunct Faculty in ADN Program (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILDecember 20, 2017
Teaching at WCC was a positive experience. Administration and faculty provided support and guidance. I learned how to become an organized and competent clinical instructor at WCC.
Pros
Experience
Cons
As adjunct faculty I felt somewhat disconnected from decision making
No benefits
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILNovember 25, 2017
Adjunct instructors get no benefits and the pay is very low. Very few adjunct instructors are hired to become full-time. There is no ability to advance.
Good work atmosphere, friendly co-workers, flexible hours
AHA CPR Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILNovember 20, 2017
I enjoy working at Waubonsee. I am able to pick my hours and my boss is very friendly and accommodating. Everyone works together as a team. This creates a very friendly work environment.
Cons
No benefits / part-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waubonsee Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Waubonsee Community College Reviews by Location