Waubonsee Community College Employee Reviews

Rush Week
TEMPORARY BOOKSTORE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILSeptember 16, 2018
I worked there for 'Rush Week' and knew it would be hard. It was very fast past and it was good work. The customers were nice, my coworkers were amazing, and if I had questions they got answered.
Great School
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILAugust 30, 2018
I enjoyed teaching at Waubonsee, being an adjunct is something you have to enjoy doing because the salary is not the best. The faculty ensured that all adjunct received the proper support and resources to be completely successful.
Productive-good communication-excellent rapport
Adjunct Instructor -Human Services (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 22, 2018
Excellent opportunity at Waubonsee. Good instructors-good cooperation.
I would recommend working here. Great environment-excellent support from staff.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
None that I know of
Fine
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 1, 2018
Look, I love the location of this place but I dont like the parents or most of the students, they like to complain to much and it just felt like a daycare instead of a college. It got really annoying seeing 26 year olds asking for mommy and daddys help.
Na
Professor of Biology (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJune 11, 2018
I was a faculty member so we had much autonomy in the classroom. Academia can be a fickle place with too much politics involved. If you can deal with those facets then there is plenty of opportunity to grow and become a better educator..
very ,happy to have the opportunuty to work there the administration very supportive of instructors
NSC Defensive Driver Instructor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 4, 2018
A fun place to work at. the administration very helpful and supportive of instructor decision making. Enjoyed working there, picked your own hours and days you want to teach.
Pros
work at your own pace, follow the teaching guide.
Cons
n/a
Great educational environment! Assisting youth into tomorrow!
English as a Second Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 9, 2018
Great place to work! Loads of opportunity for those in the far western suburbs! Great team workplace Took advantage of educational seminar in Chicago to improve my coaching techniques!
Pros
Collaborative environment!
Cons
Right off construction off I - 88
Relaxed and fun workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILMarch 21, 2018
Fun people to work for and with, would work for them again. Great environment to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others and being part of something bigger.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILMarch 19, 2018
I left Waubonsee because of the pay and limited opportunities. I was able to make 30% more at another community college. Once the economy improved enrollment decreased leaving fewer opportunities. Waubonsee has a nice work environment and committed instructors and staff.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Low pay
Waubonsee community college was where I began my teaching career
Adjunct Faculty in ADN Program (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILDecember 20, 2017
Teaching at WCC was a positive experience. Administration and faculty provided support and guidance. I learned how to become an organized and competent clinical instructor at WCC.
Pros
Experience
Cons
As adjunct faculty I felt somewhat disconnected from decision making
No benefits
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILNovember 25, 2017
Adjunct instructors get no benefits and the pay is very low. Very few adjunct instructors are hired to become full-time. There is no ability to advance.
Good work atmosphere, friendly co-workers, flexible hours
AHA CPR Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILNovember 20, 2017
I enjoy working at Waubonsee. I am able to pick my hours and my boss is very friendly and accommodating. Everyone works together as a team. This creates a very friendly work environment.
Cons
No benefits / part-time
Culture is fantastic
Intern (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILNovember 4, 2017
Culture at Waubonsee Community College is fantastic. Everyday was different and that was something I enjoy about this job. Lack of advancement and leadership.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
Lack of advancement and leadership is poor
great staff, great students
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 15, 2017
Truly enjoyed working here. The culture of the facility is very accepting and diverse. The students really want to learn and succeed. I found this position very rewarding.
Great place to teach
Adjunct Faculty/Lead Didactic Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILAugust 15, 2017
Waubonsee is a great place to be an adjunct instructor. If I leave it will be for a closer part time teaching job, nothing to do with Waubonsee itself.
My work experience
Certified GED Tutor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 13, 2017
I enjoy working with helping young adult students to learn and develop new skills to receive there GED diploma. I also enjoy helping the students to understand that they are smart enough to receive there diploma in order to better themselves for more job opportunities.
Great place, great co-workers
FITNESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 6, 2017
Waubonsee Community College is a great place to work, You are surrounded by great students, faculty and the atmosphere is very supportive. I wished they had more full time positions but it is beyond their control.
Pros
Great people, discounted classes, relaxed passed but co-workers are very motivating
Cons
Full time openings are few and far between
Fun work place
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJuly 5, 2017
with the boss i have and the gaining of knowledge i am given this place is a great place to get your feet wet and advance your future with good pay and benefits
Workplace Culture
Online Spanish Adjunct (Spanish 101 and 202) (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJune 23, 2017
The workplace culture here is awesome, everyone pitches in to make you have the greatest experience as an employee, always available to help and to respond questions in a short period of time. You feel welcomed and valued.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Part time
COPY CENTER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILMay 26, 2017
I loved working with Waubonsee. If my job was not contracted out I still would be working with them today. The staff and people working there are super friendly and it's a fun environment with the new students coming and going.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waubonsee Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight