Waukesha County Technical College Employee Reviews

Love my work!
Allied Health Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 20, 2019
Have never experienced such collaboration between employees. Great autonomy and can work from home when not in the classroom. I truly feel as if I make an impact.
Pros
Autonomy / flexability
Administrative Assistant internship (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 29, 2019
Mentors really pointed you in the right direction while studying and working. Nothing could replace the lessons I was taught here. The company culture is very collaborative and helpful to new hires. Everyone is friendly and supportive of each other while maintaining friendly competition.
Interim instructor for MT department
Medical transcription instructor (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 9, 2019
Typically we would have 1/2 hour of lecture per class and the remainder of time was spent in practice for them. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the workload as classes were quite full. The best part was seeing students' excitement as they learned new things and accomplished goals.
Pros
Freedom to teach in our own style
Cons
Very full classes and hard to keep up
Students Were Great
Part-time Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 30, 2018
Taught all adult students introduction to PCs, Excel, Word, 123, etc. Evening classes with Saturday all day classes for company groups that wanted to train together
Pros
Students
Cons
Short term gig
Adjunct Instructor
INSTRUCTOR, ADJUNCT (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 28, 2018
As an adjunct instructor, I wouldn't see as much of the full-time staff or have an opportunity to integrate into the environment. What I can say is it is a quality organization.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 14, 2018
Wonderful place to work!
Staff truly cares about students.
Workplace culture is relaxed but fast-paced.
The most enjoyable job I have ever had.
Thank you WCTC!
It wasn't worth it
Health Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI 53225December 7, 2018
I've been applying for jobs for almost a year that I am overqualified for. Most of these "entry-level" jobs require nothing more than a high school diploma or equivalent, and I have an associates in health information technology. It's almost as if my degree was a waste, and I need to start as a janitor within a healthcare organization to even get a shot at an interview. You're welcome for the money WCTC, go build another pond.
Upper Management Lacks Ability
WI (Former Employee) –  WINovember 17, 2018
Poor upper management has greatly effected WCTC's ability to perform successfully. Not willing to employ the very tools that would improve educational delivery.
Cons
Open Campus
Executive Assistant for VP of Learning (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WINovember 4, 2018
This is a good place to work if you start in Management. As an admin there isn't advancement opportunities. They pay very well, always busy, co-workers are great and benefits are great.
Pros
Fitness Center, good pay, good benefits
Cons
lack of advancement
Good School
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 15, 2018
Took Electrical Apprenticeship program at WCTC. Great school, good people. Finished without issue. Would recommend to others that want to get into the trades.
A place I worked
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WISeptember 10, 2018
It is a for Profit College. It has had a ton of changes lately. I never got feedback or assistance. It was cut throat and my manager didn't even let me know after 10 years, that I didn't get a class assignment.
positive work place
Spanish/English Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 3, 2018
Translated classes for Students from Central America. Worked closely wit the teachers lesson plans and translated it to the student during class. Helped student during test taking.
Pros
Work directly with the students
Really enjoyed working here.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 2, 2018
I was a confidential administrative assistant who worked with the vice president of learning and student services. I was also active with the president, other administrators, and the board of directors. I also transferred budgetary funds to each of our departments. I had a lot of responsibility and worked independently most of the time.
Pros
Work environment, benefits
Collaborative environment
Wisconsin (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WisconsinJune 28, 2018
The team of instructors, both full time and part time, collaborated and worked together to create an EMS program 2nd to none. WCTC offers EMS courses ranging from EMT Basic to Paramedic. Students in all courses are will prepared to pass the rigorous exams and follow their dream into the future with many opportunities awaiting them.
Student
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 6, 2018
I did not work for WCTC, I was a student there. And just like any other business, there are pros and cons. One of the pros at WCTC is the ability to get help for any subject you are involved in.
WCTC is a great place to be an intern!
Intern (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 30, 2018
WCTC was a great place to intern at. My supervisor was great! Very knowledgeable and willing to help me learn as much as possible. The hours were flexible.
equal Opportunity Employer
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauksha, WIApril 8, 2018
Very Good place to work. I worked my job while being in class learning. This made it convenient to do two thins at once. I was helping a student who had a hearing disability, and needed help taking class notes.
Pros
flexible
Cons
little hours
My instructing experience at WCTC
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 17, 2018
WCTC - Waukesha County Technical College is a great place to learn many trades. The environment is diverse, offering many learning opportunities. Each teaching day brings new challenges, some students need more instruction than others so I try to engage everyone by using the hands-on work we do be the guide.
Enjoy teaching
Part-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 15, 2018
It's a great place to be a part-time worker. Very collaborative. They understand my strengths and capabilities and sell to those. I enjoy working with the new Dean.
Pros
I get to teach what I know.
Cons
Not enough hours.
fun workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 5, 2018
Worked as student worker,great place to work. Easy going. Learned about work place ethics. The most enjoyable part was the great people. You learn the right way to do things.