Waukesha County Technical College Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
My instructing experience at WCTC
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 17, 2018
WCTC - Waukesha County Technical College is a great place to learn many trades. The environment is diverse, offering many learning opportunities. Each teaching day brings new challenges, some students need more instruction than others so I try to engage everyone by using the hands-on work we do be the guide.
Enjoy teaching
Part-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 15, 2018
It's a great place to be a part-time worker. Very collaborative. They understand my strengths and capabilities and sell to those. I enjoy working with the new Dean.
Pros
I get to teach what I know.
Cons
Not enough hours.
fun workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIFebruary 5, 2018
Worked as student worker,great place to work. Easy going. Learned about work place ethics. The most enjoyable part was the great people. You learn the right way to do things.
Excellent, want to stay
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 19, 2018
I really love working in my department at WCTC. I am an LTE, so I am really hoping I can get a permanent professional level position. I would stay forever. It’s hard to leave each day and keep my hours under the limit.
Love WCTC, Great place to work!
IT STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 23, 2017
GREAT managers and work environment. WCTC is always focused on advancing their student workers forward and beyond graduation toward future jobs. With that in mind, the managers always focus on developing future skills and talents which students always highly appreciated.
Pros
Great work environment, pleasant management
Cons
Low pay, no benefits as a student worker
Great place to work for advancement
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WINovember 27, 2017
I started as a student and have advanced as a adjunct facility. Teaching is relaxing at times but is not for everyone. This is something you need dedication too and may not always receive compensation for during non-working hours.
Excellent place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIOctober 11, 2017
WCTC is an excellent place to work. As a part-time employee, the pay is great and the culture is balanced. The Pewaukee faciltiy has so much to offer as an employee.
Pros
fitness center, cafeteria
great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 22, 2017
excellent school program excellent teachers, would highly recommend. hours to work with your schedule, covers all aspects of attaining your CNA license
Pros
everything
Cons
Good institution providing working skills to all ages
Adjunct Instructor, Architecture and Construction (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 15, 2017
Class structure was interesting with both lab time and presentation lectures. Students were interested and most applied themselves throughout the semester.
Decent atmosphere but positions are lazy
Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 2, 2017
The management of the college does a decent job but job advancement can get too political. Also there are multiple people doing the jobs that could be done by a single person. It's easy to get bored there.
Great place to work for
Student-Worker (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 25, 2017
Fun place to work at. Great experience especially as a student at WCTC. Great balance between personal life, professional life, and school life, met some great people and was very willing to work with my schedule so they were very flexible just do to the fact that I was a student worker.
great place to learn
Instructor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 16, 2017
I taught Adobe software at the Quadracci Printing and Graphics Center. They were extremely well organized, progressive, and open to new ideas. Would recommend to anyone in the field.
Pros
Great campus
Cons
Learned the necessary skills to obtain my Class A CDL, as well as the techniques and procedures to enter the truck driving career field.
Student Truck Driver in Training (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2017
Although my time spent at Waukesha County Technical College cannot be really considered employment, it's my understanding that I need to list my driving experience and hours related to operating combination vehicles.

Although not technically employed by WCTC, the course has given me a good understanding and proper training to begin an entry level career driving various combination vehicles.
Pros
Learning a new career, getting actual on the road driving experience, obtaining my Class A-CDL.
Cons
The course could have been longer, would have liked more hours of driving experience, more training in technical backing techniques.
Very professional
Childcare Provider/Co-op (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WINovember 14, 2016
The waukesha County technical college daycare is a very professional place to work. I did my student teaching here and the staff was very kind and informative.
Excellent Place to Better Yourself
Truck Driver Student (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 2, 2016
WCTC is a fantastic school to further your education and increase your skills. I attended their Truck Driving school to gain my CDL class A license and couldn't be happier with the instructors and program they offer.
great school
Student (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJuly 1, 2016
Loved my instructors. Had great times while training for my CDL. I would recommend the program to anyone. I am excited I made the right decision to go to wctc.
Good job to have while going to school
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJune 8, 2016
This is a great job for any student. Having a job on campus is very convenient and helps you learn more about the college. My typical day consists of answering the phone and working the cash register. You are able to work on your homework during the school year when there is down time but our number one priority is the customers.
Excellent
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 29, 2016
It is very satisfying to work part time here as it offers lot of fexibility, pays well and work environment is excellent.
Fun and productive place to work
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMay 23, 2016
I learned a lot from working here. Gained a lot of experience and worked with good people. The management was great. Very understanding with workers schedules.
Great place
Microbiology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIApril 15, 2016
Great place to work. I don't have any benefits because I work part-time but I know the school has a good compensation/benefit package for those who are full-time.