Waukesha Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

inpatient GI/medical RN
Registered Nurse, Inpatient GI (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 12, 2019
WMH had an excellent work environment that encouraged learning and growth as a new RN. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work and culture of the GI/medical unit
Great if you are a new nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 19, 2019
Great place to learn and get your feet wet. I had many great years there. Great team of doctors who listen to the nursing staff and provide complete team care.
Experience as an imaging assistant, surgical nurse, and labor and delivery nurse
Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 30, 2018
I desperately wanted to work for ProHealth care when I graduated nursing school. It was very hard to get into ProHealth care for me as my nursing school schedule prevented me from getting a CNA position there. Once I was finally hired I easily transferred through multiple departments. I had a horrible experience with management at ProHealth care. They seem to be excessively focused on the bottom line and productivity. Compensation was low as well. I liked working there when I did, there were plenty of great people, but the management I worked with was subpar.
Productive, Fun, Professional Environment to work within
Manager Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 10, 2018
-Competitive Salaries and Benefits
-Professional Work Place Culture
-Nursing Career Ladder
-Surgical Tech Career Ladder
-Strong collaborative relationships between staff and physicians
-Multiple opportunities for Leadership training
-Pay for performance reviews and dividends annually
-Poor visibility by Senior Leaders
-Poor follow through by Senior Leaders
-Positive annual employee recognition banquet
-I grew immensely as a Leader while employed due to great mentors
Pros
Strong organization, good benefits, professional culture
Cons
Poor visibility and support by Senior Leadership
Work Culture
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 18, 2018
Waukesha Memorial was a special place to work due to the culture of the Emergency Dept. The staff made the work environment. Everyone was willing to help and teach.
I am a dedicated, hard working and easy going employee
Instrument Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 17, 2018
I enjoy the challenge of working in an ever changing environment and handling the critical aspects of my job with the highest integrity and compassion. I thrive working in a culture of high ethical standards in a some times unpredictable, face paced and under pressure situations.
Excellent management and great team work!!!
CNA/PCA/TECH (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 7, 2018
Knowledgeable Staff and very responsible. The Hospital went above and beyond patients needs. Exceptional cleanliness within the facility. Management was very helpful.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
short breaks at times
ok place
Power Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 3, 2018
Management in the facilities department really needs better communication and culture awareness classes. Employee's working the 70/70 schedule are provided with no time off or sick days.
Pros
clean
Cons
no vacation time on 70/70schedule
Productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 22, 2018
Cleaned,sanitized patient's rooms.It's hard work but patient's were happy when it was done.thinks.Manager's thanked you at the end of the day Good job
Pros
Mostly good group
Cons
Breaks taken away because of a few
Nice coworkers
Client Services Representative/Client (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 20, 2018
WMH laboratory has some of the best co workers Ive ever had! THeyre very nice and are able to explain things that are harder to learn and or understand.
Productive work place
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  waukesha, WIMay 8, 2018
Management fair and caring with constant education. Staff was the best to work with although I worked 3rd shift and the hours were the only part of the job that was hard on me. my certification was utilized appropriately never taking me outside my scope of practice.
Pros
management, co workers
Cons
third shift hours
I worked with many departments. I had the pleasure of working with some really great people, we became like family.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 2, 2018
I worked with very dedicated caring people under constant changing leadership. We were always changing and growing as needed to stay current in healthcare.
RN (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 21, 2018
The work place culture is professional. A typical day was filled with patients requiring high risk obstetric care. Physicians are top notch to work beside.
great team work
Certified Nursing Assistant Heart Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 13, 2018
I wrked in the Intensive care unit..every day was different but knowing that when you walk through those doors your co-wokers had your back made it worth it
Pros
amazing team work, great manager
Cons
sometimes understaffed
enjoyed my time on 4sw and miss the commeraderie
4SW Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  WMH 4SWJanuary 13, 2018
Waukesha Memorial was my second home for 23 years. I advocated for my post surgical patients. I did my best to control their pain and keep them safe.
Enjoying, rewarding, stressful
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 25, 2017
I enjoyed my many years at my job. During the last few years when I overworked myself and my health took a toll. Then my doctors took me down to 3days per week did I have some greif with my boss. They knew they could always count on me to come in. And then they were told they could no longer call me in. It was a hard time for them harder for me. But I loved my job and I for the most part enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Stressful at times
ok place to work. hours are good.
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 12, 2017
Management wants your opinion only if it is the same as theirs. Hour are good for having a lot of the day to do what you need to do/ not good for single parents.
Learned many new technics for cooking.
Pros
work independently, discount on meals
Cons
very little guidance, not allowed to voice opposing opinions than management with out repocucions
Great place
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 11, 2017
Enjoyed working there. Good environment. Great people to work with. Good benefits and chance for advancement. Got to meet lots of great people. Would go back
working with patients
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  waukesha wiOctober 3, 2017
group meetings learning about mental illness.working with adolescents and eating disorders. working with the psychiatrist on helping patient live in the community
Pros
accomplishing goals
Cons
non stop days
Review of Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 3, 2017
I show up to work on time, follow policies and procedures. Meet productivity standards, deadlines and work schedules. I stay focus on tasks in spite of distractions and interruptions. I make the best use of available time and resources. Balance quality of work with meetings and\or deadlines. I complete all tasks that are needed to be accomplished. I promote organizational mission and goals. Enable co-workers to grow and succeed through feedback, instruction, and encouragement. We have been through a couple different managers within the past couple years. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with all the changes on a daily basis. It can be challenging at times. Most enjoyable part of the job is the office that you talk to on a daily basis.
Pros
We have free lunch once in a while, We have book fairs.
Cons
split shift, two jobs one break when working 10 or 11 hours a day