Waukesha Pearce Industries Employee Reviews

Lots of work
Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Worked lots of weekends and lots of overtime it is a good place to work ed would go back at anytime and be happy to do so I miss wpi the benefits are good
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime
Senior Credit Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to retire. A lot of long term employees, overall great place to work. Salary and benefits could be better. No major complaints. Great opportunity, need improvement on salary
Great People to work for at Waukesha
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2017
Working for this company gave me so much confidence in my creear in the office world. Everyone was willing to help and teach their skills in accounting, receivables, taxes and audits. Just a great postive environment to work in.
Pros
monthly lunches, christmas party, audit parties, was able to make up lost hours
Cons
you could never be late
Hard working environment. Very physical at times
Class A Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TXSeptember 29, 2017
This job has been very steady. Pay is competitive for the most part, but raises are slow. The work is very hard at times. Heavy equipment and large tools.
Overall good location and workplace.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMAugust 16, 2017
A great company to work for overall. Family owned. Takes pride in taking care of customers over the counter & service as well. Had a amazing group in our location (branch). Nice to work as a team.
Pros
Great work environment. Good pay.
Cons
Didn't give any promotions, pay raises or yearly reviews
Quick Paced
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
Working at WPI was fantastic. Working as a coordinator for every branch really helped me fine tune my organizational skills. Coordinating between so many people from all over Texas day in and day out made it seem more like one big family.
Great Place to Work!`
Parts Person II (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMay 25, 2017
I loved my job at this company and the people are great! When i had left i was told that i was welcome back anytime if i could not find a job. This was told to me by both my Boss and HR. Learned a lot about waukesha engines and all other sorts of products that we handled. WOULD DEFINITELY! RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!
Pros
Holidays they cook and they do things as such for you as much as they can.
Company is a JOKE!!
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2017
This is one of the worse companies I have ever had the pleasure of working for. The leadership sucks and they have absolutely no problem letting someone go without doing their job because of their tenure! There is no training program set in place and the level of uncertainty rolls down hill from way up top. Can't believe I actually turned down something way more stable to put up with this. If you like going home happy and stress free after work stay far away from there. It will suck the life out of you. Old fashioned is an understatement for that company!!
Pros
It may not be much but yo do get a check twice a month
Cons
too many to name and mom told me to keep quiet if I had nothing good to say!
Acceptable
Office (Former Employee) –  SomewhereJanuary 19, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Some what disorganized and not a whole lot of structure. Acceptable pay and work atmosphere. A Lack of management support.
overall a good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXJuly 23, 2016
great people to work with--high quality work--got time off when needed--you got to use your skills--the pay was excellent
Pros
2 weeks vacation with 3 weeks after 5 years
Cons
hot uniforms
Nice people
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 27, 2016
Good place to work. Local management is not very seasoned. not enough parts delivery people. Laid off all of the older people that know about Waukesha products.
Pros
Fair Pay
Cons
Too many Chiefs
Culture is awful at best
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I was in the Accounting Dept. It was a nightmare. The only thing I learned was how to endure daily harassment. Worst job I have ever had. The best day I had there was the day I left.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
See above
english is my first languge
field serevice welder/machinist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2016
speek english not spanish ,press one for spanish.no.!it sucked wont ever go back .allready did this once.but bah,blah,blah.is that enough?
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Counter sales
Parts person II (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LaOctober 25, 2015
counter sales, quotes, accounts receivable and payables, check in freight stock shelves and bins, run bin and inventory reports, shop builds and billing, GL coding Issue PO for purchasing, open close branch, Credit card sales, file reports, data entry forklift overhead crane, report to branch manager on sale reports and forecast monthly sales.inventory stock keep stock levels on products and parts.
Learned about industrial engines compressors and how they work, learned how to run reports and billing, accounts recevables and payables credit card transactions,

Hardest part learning next for windows with no written instructions just OJT from others.

Enjoyable working with customers getting products to them the best and fastest way, making custom quotes to best suit needs, offering other related items to the parts ordered.
Making friends from customers.
Over all great place to work.
Pros
relaxed flexibility
Cons
pay dates and amount of raises and not getting raise when promised
Everyone knows everyone and can be a great place to work.
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMay 15, 2015
Like any job it has it's ups and downs, but all in all the people here do care what's going on. Communication could be better at times.
Management for the most part does try to do the right thing by everyone. There are plenty of laughs along the way.
Pros
Healthcare benefits are fantastic.
Cons
Sometimes there are too many Chiefs not enough Indians as in any workplace.
Worst Warehouse Ever
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 11, 2014
This company has one of the worst warehouses I have ever seen in my 35 years of working in warehousing. The warehouse manager cares nothing about employees. Everyday you have a meeting and you are told you are going to be fired. He only cares about the female employees because he wants to score with them. The whole warehouse is a mess. Fire exits and extinguishers are blocked. Trash is everywhere!!!. If there is an electrical fire the whole place will go up in smoke. Parts are all over the floor. If they do not fit where they go you are told just to throw them on the floor and pick them from there. Inventory is a mess. Turnover is rampant. Even temporary employees do not want to work for this warehouse !!!
Pros
Absolutely NONE
Cons
Bad Management, Filthy Warehouse
very good company to work for and advancement.
Generator Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 31, 2014
a fast paced environment.where I learned to be a great multitasker,working with great colleagues.hardest part of the job was working with collections.and the most enjoyable part of the job was being rewarded for meeting deadlines and problem solving.
Family Oriented
Director Human Resources / HSE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2014
Good work / life balance. The Pearce family are an outstanding company to work for.
The employees and customers
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasApril 4, 2013
The employees were like family, and the customers were easy to work with and build a good working relationship with,.
Pros
the employees are like family.
Cons
management needed up to date training, no people skills.
Unreasonable work environments
Engine Field Technician-Master Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2012
Management needs to be completely overhauled, and unreasonable work conditions
Pros
workers are supportive
Cons
management has no value system