Wausau Window and Wall Systems Employee Reviews

Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, WIJune 4, 2018
Since I was let go management has changed, so I feel my review would be inaccurate. I hope the new management isn't as reckless as the previous one for the company.
Pros
Quick paced
Cons
Lack of encouragement
Love working here
Production Associate in Sash (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WI 54401May 29, 2018
Love the work I do. Don't like working with some people, Supervisor only talks to his people when it's bad news. Use to talk and have conversations with his people before he was supervisor.
Pros
great money
Cons
long work weeks
Senior Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 28, 2018
Very progressive. Fast paced with lots happening all the time. Very nice atmosphere. Building is very nice. Management is focused. Enjoy working here
Company that is focused on cultured, but needs to review and revise the current pay scales.
Estimator 1 (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 8, 2018
WWWS is a stable window company that demands a high level of expectation from their workers including high stress levels and long work days. The culture at Wausau Window needs to be refreshed.
Good management
Safety Co-op (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 5, 2018
Managers were very safety conscious, so safety improvements were made quickly and effectively. Safety culture well implemented with the Associates. Well organized
Pros
Safe
Cons
Would not hire me full time
wausau window and wall
Shipping/crating (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 6, 2017
was a decent place to work. was included as part of the team and things went well working together. was only there as a temp and when business slowed down they didn't need temp help anymore.
Pros
working as a tean went well
Cons
short breaks
Supervisors are unfair. They hardly are on the shop floor then pretend to know what’s going on.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 1, 2017
Don’t work here. Worst management ever. Day shift is very clicky and difficult to work with. Supervisors are judge mental and don’t know anything going on, on the shop floor. Overtime is required and is a ridiculous time away from your family. They tell you one thing and do the opposite. 4 tens and 3 days off means 5 ten hour shift.
Pros
Coworkers, pay and benefits
Cons
Supervisors suck
WORST culture ever
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 7, 2017
The company truly does not care about you if you are not in sales. They will work you to death with well over 30 weekends a year of mandated overtime. The overtime is caused by broken business processes that the company refuses to fix because it would cost money and they are being profitable. Their profitability comes on the backs of massive overtime by its shop employees. RUN AWAY!!
People are not treated fair or equal
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 19, 2017
* poor culture on shop floor
* high employee turn over
* very little appreciation shown
* no empathy from management/leadership
* can be very stressful at times
Pros
excluding management, people are friendly
Cons
poor goal setting
Great work environment
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stratford, WIMarch 2, 2017
This was a great place to work. There were lots of opportunities for advancement. Pay was based on merit. Management was easy to work with and the boss often provided us with treats (cookouts) for good production.
Pros
good benefits
Definitely an interesting job
Wall glazer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 10, 2017
A very detailed oriented job, majority of the people were wonderful to work with, hours weren't the greatest if you have a family. Clean manufacturing setting with plenty of areas of opportunity to grow within the company
Pros
Not your average type job
Cons
Hours were rough and not family friendly
Prooductive
Welder (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 9, 2016
weld the frames ect., install the latches, locking mechanisms, adjust how far the window opens. all of this depends on what the job calls for. We made windows and sliding glass doors. When i had started working there it was called custom windows but Wausau had bought out the company and then decided to close the Colorado plant and thats why i went and worked Inslation becasue i didnt have to look for work.
I would not work here again
Office personnel (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 26, 2015
I was told, during my first six months, that I was doing a good job by my supervisor. However, a new boss was hired on and things changed.

I was told that I was deficient & that "I would not have hired you if I had been here during the original hiring process." Regardless of the negativity, I worked hard and wanted to be part of a good team and was told by my co-workers that I was working very hard and they appreciated what I was doing.

I did learn a lot about myself, new concepts, and that I am good at what I do; however, one boss can ruin what you thought was your dream job.
Pros
Examples: salary, facilities
Cons
Examples: Management, defensive work groups
People are the best here
Senior Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 12, 2015
This was my favorite place to work and hated to leave. The people who worked there were friendly and open. Management was going through some growing pains but all in all a good place to work.
Pros
Friendly and treated with respect.
Cons
Pay could have been better.
A great company
Credit and Collection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood ColoradoNovember 15, 2013
I was employeed by Custom Window for 10 years for 10 years as their credit manager. The company was purchased by Wausau Window and Wall Systems. Unfortunately the credit responsiblities are being moved to their corporate office in Wausau WI.
Pros
The have great benefits and very professional
interesting place to work
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 14, 2013
7:30 am - 3:30pm
trust
was not honest in their motives
did not understand
implementing culture change
loosing good people
Pros
Cons
down sized
Its OK, they try hard to please
Window Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 15, 2012
It can be interesting with program errors. Support is limited on 2nd shift. Not a big fan of this shift. We don't see much of management which isn't neccesarily a bad thing. Some co-workers whiney and lazy. most are knowledgable good to be around. hardest part is driving to and working the long hours. Most enjoyable part is not working saturdays.
Pros
safety lunches, appreciative of the long hours we work
Cons
more scheduled hours then first shift. first shift bias.