Wave Broadband Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I enjoy Wave Broadband
Audio Video Headend Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2018
They give me the opportunity to design build and implement new products to make our company better.I have been at wave broadband for more then 3 years and enjoyed it.
Great atmosphere, they took care of me.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  La Conner, WAJuly 4, 2018
I made a dumb mistake and had to resign from my broadband technician position and I regret it immensely. I was great at my job and loved doing it and no one limited you on what you could do as long as you had the knowledge. Great managers, great coworkers, some weren't the brightest but thats ok. Go work there.
Pros
Hour lunch, office always has coffee
Cons
Varying start times depending on location of first job, no limit on start job distance, you could drive 45 min for your first job in the morning.
I really liked working at Wave.
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA 94520June 23, 2018
I would have stayed had it not been for the Northern California Wildfires and the company being acquired. I had severe toxic smoke exposure and the company was transitioning.
Pros
Cons
Location and transition
Call Center
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJune 8, 2018
Overtime is worked into your regular schedule, about 15 minutes. A very tedious and repetitive position. I no longer work here due to scheduling conflicts. The only way to get a different schedule is to get another employe willing to trade with you.
Dont work there
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJune 5, 2018
Management of the company and its employees is poor. No one is happy there. Management does not care about its employees. It was not a good environment and was not a place that supports healthy boundaries between work and life or at the job itself.
Great place to work with great staff
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 9, 2018
Management was awesome and techs always willing to help whenever, Work days usually busy but sometimes slow. Great place to work. Always room for advancement within the company with great benefits. MUST have good customer service skills
Pros
good work environment
Good Employer
System Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAMay 2, 2018
Wave is a good atmosphere for working conditions, however the pay is at the bottom of the scale. Work will definitely over take any personal or family life. It is a very demanding company with mandatory over time on a regular basis.
Generally great!
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAApril 30, 2018
door-to-door sales (cold calls); also management of community accounts; dealing with people; great; great' cold calling at night; dealing with people and making them happy
Pros
Great boss that I had
Cons
Night work; cold calls; door to door
Pass
Customer Service Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 3, 2018
Low wages 101, they work you very hard endless phone calls no ongoing training and not a lot of opportunity for growth. I felt trapped working for this company unfortunately
Stepping stone job if you can tolerate management
Direct Sales (Residential) (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 31, 2018
It’s an ok job overall. There are daily check ins and two meetings a week. Management tends to over analyze and favor dishonest practices. They acted as if no cheating or unethical behavior was going on. The management needs to encourage honesty and integrity to have a healthy environment. The company overall I liked and the people who have been there for years were great! The product is great and the health benefits are satisfactory. They have a 401k that matches and tuition reimbursement programs. I would recommend if they had different management in place.
Pros
Benefits, good company, pays ok when you bonus
Cons
Micromanagement by current managers.
wave broadband
Billing/Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  somewhereMarch 20, 2018
its a great place to work , has normal hours and average pay. It can be short staffed at times but they always accommodate and compensate you for your time.
Productive and fun place with free internet and television if you live in Wave area.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAMarch 8, 2018
Everyone worked together to achieve daily, monthly and annual goals (although competitive). The commission fit the job and performance as one could make as much as they wanted with the right effort.
Pros
Free cable and internet
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement as management doesn't leave
Great Company poor local leadership
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORFebruary 26, 2018
I would recommend anyone with strong sales experience, and outgoing fun personality to apply. Day to day work load was pretty laid back, but quota was a must to make a decent living. Does have the potential to make a good living and advancements.
I found local management and leadership poor. And overall poor leadership leads to some team disadvantages and behaviors.
I enjoyed the opportunity of fine tuning customer service skills and building customer relations. It was always nice meeting new folks and offering great services at a fair price.
Overall I found it a fun place to work, the teams across the board were great although team work across the board wasn't a company motto in local area.
Pros
Great earning potentials
Cons
Poor Team Leadership
Managmement
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAFebruary 10, 2018
I worked as a contractor. Wave has allot of politics in the management level and at employees level. They are also very picky to provide tools to perform jobs.
Pros
location
Cons
Picky to provide tools and supplies
Very Independant
Residential Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAFebruary 1, 2018
It is my job to sell and set my daily schedule to sell at/or above quota. This includes cold calling, door knocking businesses, interaction in Chamber of Commercie meetings, Netwroking events, after hours events, finding leads and fillowing up, building a netwrod of continual and constant Referrals.
little bit stressfull
Cable Tech II (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 1, 2018
doesnt what to fix / or replace company vans, you get overtime when you dont want it or cant do it. when you are {slow} they right you up.
last warring..... 2nd write up, they give you a chance to fix it and yet go to all of the paperwork (in one week) fire you when they get your last check.
Overall a good employer
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ORJanuary 23, 2018
Wave was overall a decent place to work.
Hours were consistent. Dress policy was business casual, so was comfortable. Retail sales were hit and miss and was hard to meet quota at smaller locations.
Great Environment
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Fast-paced learning environment, competitive, easy people to work with. Great place to learn about cable and customer experience. Management works well with you.
Competitive and not for the lazy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA 98033January 21, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Wave, you are coached and time is given to you to learn the ropes and get ahead. With that said you are expected to perform each and every day and sell services and products.

You are also expected to handle a large volume of calls on a daily basis and exceed sales of units. Your lead is great and will help to guide you, however there is lots of pressure to perform.

You are not given time to actually help customers as you have time restrictions and will not have a pick of a schedule unless you are top performer.

The compensation is good and fair but again bonuses are based on your performance.
Pros
Bonuses, benefits.
Cons
Sales, schedules.
Poor Place to Work
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 21, 2018
Not a good outlook, poor pay, poor management, company does not make its annual sales goals 90% of the time and it affects bonuses which you will not get.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, poor job recognition, poor management